Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ The Awful Truth ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
Things certainly didn't improve well the next day. The Titans were still no closer to finding out what they needed to know about the Zombies other than they were using powers of Azarath, and that they were the remains of the people killed at Murakami.
 
They began to think that maybe… it was a long shot but… Trigon, was he still alive? Sure they all saw Raven destroy that evil creep years ago, but then again… this was no ordinary villain.
 
Still… that wasn't their only problem now. Their minds were all still fixed on why Terra would suddenly run out of the tower screaming like she saw a ghost. “Maybe she just feels defenseless…” Raven thought, “You know… she doesn't have her powers anymore. So maybe she ran to protect herself.”
 
“Yeah… but from what…?” Cyborg asked, “I mean… the only thing that was ever scary about BB's room was the fact that it used to be a total pig-sty, and it's not that anymore.”
 
“Speaking of Beast Boy… I wish to know where he is?” asked Starfire, “Yeah… and where's Copy-Cat?” added Robin.
 
Cyborg told the others that he saw Beast-Boy meditating on the roof. “He said he wanted a little… “Quiet-time…”
 
“And Copy-Cat went into town.” said Raven, “He sure seemed to be in a rush. He didn't even tell me where he was going or why…”
 
Meanwhile
 
Copy-Cat had been soaring over the town looking for something, or someone to be exact. “She must be here somewhere…” he said to himself. “How difficult is it to find a school-girl who s out of school.”
 
Obviously, he was searching for Terra, but it wouldn't be easy. Ever since Murakami-High was destroyed she had nothing else to do that much, and Terra was still trying to make a ridiculous attempt to live a normal life, the likes of which Copy-Cat had no knowledge of…
 
Being the Prince of his race, the Psyconians, his life was subjected to royalty and strong rules of confinement; a rather dull experience for his lust for adventure and excitement.
 
He had no clue of how regular Earthlings preferred to spend their days when school was out; nevertheless he had to find Terra… now!
 
(Music cue)
 
Doo, doo, do-do…
 
 
He stood the edge of the tallest building in town. “I will search this city all over… if I must!”
 
Doo, doo, do-do…
 
He reached behind, grabbed his tail, and whirled it like a propeller…
 
Doo, doo, do-do…
 
And he was off…!
 
Doo, doo, do-do…
 
-Time keeps on slippin,
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin
Into the future
 
 
Some of the citizens down below who saw, but didn't know him yet; they couldn't believe their eyes. “Whoa! A flying cat…?”
 
 
I wanna' fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eag
le
Let my spirit carry me
I wanna' fly…

Fly right into the future!

I wanna' Feed the babies
Who
can't have enough to eat
I wanna' Shoe the children
With no shoes on their feet
I wanna' House the people
Livin
' in the street
Oh, yeah, there's a solution

Just leme'
fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let
the spirit carry me
I
wanna fly …
Fly right into the future!

Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin
Into the future
 
 
Up, and down, and here, and there; Copy-Cat had been flying for a while now, but there was still no sign of Terra anywhere. “I must keep searching!”
 
 
 
I wanna' fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eag
le
Let my spirit carry me
I wanna' fly…

Fly right into the future!
Oh baby…
FLY… LIKE AN EAGLE… Fly!
Ohh-ohh-ohh…
In a sky full of people only some want to fly
Isn't it crazy…!
 
 
Suddenly, he could see a girl with long golden-blonde hair down below at an outdoor food-court, and she was with two girls; One with red-hair, and one with darker skin. “Ah…!”
 
He headed straight for them at once.
 
 
FLY… LIKE AN EAGLE… Fly!
Ohh-ohh-ohh…
In a sky full of people only some want to fly
Isn't it crazy…!
 
(Fade out)
 
Jackie and Jillian heard that Terra was at Titans Tower last night, and trying to talk to Beast-Boy. They both were quite surprised she would do that. “Yo' girl… what were you thinking?” asked Jillian. “That kid is nothing but bad news.” added Jackie.
 
Terra knew it would be in vain to try and convince the girls that they didn't know Beast-Boy like she did, but then again… there were still some things about Beast-Boy she didn't know yet.
 
Just then, the girls could spot a strange flying object descending near them. “Who the hell is that?” Jackie and Jillian wondered.
 
The stranger turned out to be that same guy, half-man, half cat-like creature who's facial features strongly resembled Robin's; who was there with the Teen Titans the day the school got blown. “Good afternoon…” he said in a deep, yet calm voice.
 
Jackie and Jillian, even though they knew this guy was one of the Teen Titans, but, “Yo' who do you think you are droppin' in on us like this?” Jillian lipped.
 
“I think you're looking for trouble…” added Jackie.
 
Copy-Cat eyes narrowed behind his Robin's mask. “That is not all that you think, Jackie, and Jillian… you think that the Teen Titans, and myself are… what your Earth word…is Losers!”
 
The girls, even Terra stood up. Not only did he guess what their thoughts were, but, “Hey… how do you know our names?” Jillian asked.
 
Copy-Cat pursed his lips, “Perhaps another demonstration is in order?” he said. “Jackie… you think of a number… any number…”
 
Jackie stuttered a bit, and then Copy-Cat answered, “Four-hundred eighty-seven! Jillian… you think of a country…” Jillian stuttered too, and the Copy-Cat said, “Africa…”
 
“Jackie… your favorite colors are red and pink, and Jillian, you adore black and white. You both love mocha-lattes and you hate mice!”
 
The girls were speechless, “Hey… how do you know all this?” snapped Jackie.
 
“You some kind of weirdo sent by the devil?” added Jillian.
 
“No…” snapped Copy-Cat, then he pointed to his head, “My psychic-foresight…; a powerful sixth-sense I possess that allows me to read your minds and hear your every thought. You can hide nothing from me…”
 
The girls opened their mouths to argue, “You do not stand a chance!” Copy-Cat spat at them “I honest have not a clue as to why I am bothering with the likes of you both. I have come for Terra.”
 
Terra's eyes widened, “Me…?”
 
Copy-Cat nodded and approached her calmly. “The Teen Titans and I are having difficulties with Beast-Boy… I see information to assess the situation, and only you possess it.”
 
Terra could see where this was going; he wanted her to tell him what she learned in Beast-Boy's room the other night. “Tell anyone… and I shall destroy you!”
 
Copy-Cat smiled, “Thank you…” he said with a smirk. “You have given me what I needed to know.”
 
Terra realized that he had obviously sensed her thoughts and know he knew it all too. “No… wait!” cried as she grabbed hold of his arm.
 
Copy-Cat sighed, “Please release my arm…” he asked politely, “I must warn the Titans about this ill fortune at once!”
 
Terra kept begging Copy-Cat not to do it, but already Copy-Cat knew fully well why she was being persistent. “Very well… perhaps it would make things better if you were to accompany me…?” he asked. “You will be in no danger so long as we are around to protect and serve.”
 
Terra thought it over, and decided it was for the best. “All right… lets go.” she said.
 
“Hey, hey… whoa, whoa there…” snapped Jackie.
 
“Be silent!” growled Copy-Cat. “I can see now why it is that Beast-Boy sees the both of you as… what is the term? Pathetic…!”
 
The two girls gritted their teeth, but known they could do nothing, they let Terra go off with him.
 
“Man… what a way to fly…” Jillian said after Copy-Cat had taken off with Terra seated on his upper-back.
 
 
Back at the tower, lunch was nearly ready when Terra and Copy-Cat had arrived. The Titans were amazed to see her back again, “Just in time for a home-cooked hamburger.” Cyborg offered.
 
As nice as that was, Terra urged everyone to listen to what Copy-Cat had to say. “My foresight has returned to me.” he explained, “I had sought Terra out to read her mind upon Beast-Boy and his current state of behaviour… and I have thus discovered the solution; He is not mentally nor physically ill…”
 
The other Titans all gazed at each other in confusion. “He isn't sick…?” Robin asked. “Then what is wrong with him?”
 
Copy-Cat's eyes narrowed, “He is possessed-- Possessed by an evil demonic-creature who calls himself Trigon.”
 
Everyone's eyes bulged and they gasped hard. “TRIGON…?!” they all roared. “Oh, man…” cried Cyborg. “Not him again…!”
 
Raven's fear was beginning to surface as she quivered slightly. She had been hoping that it was not truly her father, but now she knew. “That explains where he got all those powers from…” Robin said.
 
Starfire gazed at Copy-Cat in deep concern, “Friend, please tell us... is there nothing that we can do to save Beast-Boy?”
 
“I no nothing of that much…” replied Copy-Cat, “But I do know this…; The spirit of Trigon has not yet gained full control of Beast-Boy, but time is growing short. Unless some remedy is found, he will be completely taken over and lost forever.”
 
This was officially beyond serious, but not one of them, not even Terra herself had any idea of what to do… they also didn't notice that Beast-Boy had been peeking through the doors to the lounge.
 
“The Psyconian Prince has told them of what is happening.” Trigon said, “That could be most unfortunate.”
 
Beast-Boy shook his head in disagreement, “There's nothing they can do to stop us now.”
 
“Perhaps… still they may all prove to be quite bothersome.”
 
Beast-Boy clenched his fists. “Then we've got to take them out… All of them!”
 
“Heh, heh, heh… good lad! I am pleased to see how we are thinking more and more alike. Now… you must come to the cave. The time has come for me to take over completely.”