Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ She still loves him ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIXEEN
 
Jump-City was already beginning to look like a burning wasteland. Fires spread all over, many people were gravely injured, and very few didn't survive the Zombies attacks.
 
Even worse, like most Zombies, they had the power to turn other people into one of them simply by biting or scratching them. Beast-Boy's army was growing larger and larger by the minute as the Zombie number had just reached well over a-million!
 
“Bwa, ha, ah, ah, ah… excellent…!” Beast-Boy chuckled, “More zombies mean more power, and more power means more control!”
 
His hands began to generate flame-orbs which he fired upon the city shredding it up all the more, and he even sent out more of his animals to assist the zombies in the attack.
 
Elephant's and rhinos stampeded through the streets and destroyed everything in their path, while many flying creatures soared over head and fired their dark-powers from above.
 
Thanks to Trigon's evil magic the animals now had a dark coat of skin instead of green, and four red eyes each. The poor helpless citizens of the city ran about screaming in panic as they ran for the hills.
 
Beast-Boy loved hearing them scream, “Oh I just love it when I cause anguish… Ha, ha… ah, ah, ah! AH, HA, HA, AH, AH, AH…!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Still trapped in the cave, Robin was still unconscious, and worse, Cyborg computed his body injuries, “Yo'… he needs medical treatment and I mean now!” he cried.
 
Starfire gasped, “Oh Robin…”
 
Raven and Copy-Cat were over at the door trying to pries it open, but it just wouldn't budge. “It is no use…” Copy-Cat panted, “We will never get out unless we are let out.”
 
This was disastrous; here they were trapped in a tomb with no hopes of escape, while Beast-Boy was out there under Trigon's control doing who knew what to the world? Worst than that, Robin needed help and fast…
 
“Yo' Raven… can you try and heal him?”
 
Raven shook her head, and told everyone that Trigon's injuries were far too deep for her to heal him alone, even with “Copy-Cat's help it still wouldn't be enough…” she said.
 
Starfire sat on the ground with her knees pulled up to her chest, and her face buried in them. “Robin…” she sobbed softly, “Please… you must be okay.”
 
The worse things got, the worse Terra began to feel. “I just don't get it…” she said, “How could Beast-Boy let himself be controlled like that?”
 
Copy-Cat felt it was time to tell her the truth about Beast-Boy. Ad how it was not just losing her that brought on all this horror, and power…
 
He explained to her the exact same tale Beast-Boy had told the others, about how his real name was Garfield, and his life was just one big tragedy; one disaster after another… Being mutated, losing every family and loved one he ever had, never being given much of a chance, being expelled from the Doom Patrol...! All he ever did was lose, lose, lose, and never gain.
 
Terra couldn't believe her ears, “Oh my…!” she peeped. Copy-Cat nodded in agreement, and he sensed Terra's past life and compared the two lives, “As miserable as your life may have been my friend… I am afraid that Beast-Boy's life was far worse.”
 
Terra began to realize, “No wonder he's so troubled…” she said referring to her being a school-girl and asking him to leave, “Oh… I only topped things off for the poor little guy.”
 
The others all felt the same pity and sadness for Beast-Boy. “Moving on with life may be something for you, but not to BB it wasn't.” said Cyborg, “The poor little guy had to have something in this world to hope for… what's he got to hope for after you left?”
 
Starfire nodded, “You attempted to be suffering from amnesia, and forced our friend to move on to what was sure to be a dark and gloomy life.”
 
Terra remained silent, and that's when Copy-Cat began to sense her thoughts again. “Terra…” he asked, “I should have known…”
 
The others all raised their eyebrows, and that's when he told them that from what he had sensed in Terra's mind, even though that she wanted to try and move on… deep down, she was always haunted and saddened by having to hurt Beast-Boy like that.
 
“Yo… is that true?” Cyborg asked Terra,
 
Terra twiddled her fingers, and nodded her head. “I cried myself to sleep every night regretting what I did. Seeing his hurtful face as he ran down the hallway and out of the school…” It didn't matter how many times she tried to fight what was in her head, she could never try and fight off what was in her heart.
 
(Music cue)
 
The others began to sense where she was getting at… and that's when Terra finally admitted it… she was in love with Beast-Boy!
 
She just sat there, thinking deeply as beautiful thoughts of what things would have been like if things had gone different…

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath
Emeralds from mountains thrust toward the sky
Never revealing their depth
Tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated
I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of h
eartache that hang from above

I'll be your crying shoulder
I'll be your love suicide
and I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

Rain falls angry on the tin roof
As we lie awake in my bed
You're my survival, you're my living proof
My love is alive not dead
Tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache, that hang from above

I'll be your crying shoulder
I'll be your love suicide
and I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life


I've been dropped out, burned up, fought my way back from the dead
Tuned in, turned on, Remembered the things that you said

I'll be your crying shoulder
I'll be your love suicide
and I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life
 
 
She smiled ever so sadly, as she tried to hold in the sobs that wanted to break out so badly. Cyborg even sniffled, “Man… that's so beautiful.”
 
The others agreed, but then suddenly the whole cave began to rumble. “What's happening…?” cried Terra.
 
 
Not just the cave, but the entire Earth was shaking as Beast-Boy was using his all-mighty powers to turn the world red, chaotic just like Trigon did the last time, and everything his energy waves his was either destroyed or turned to stone.
 
Only he himself, and his minions would remain.
 
 
The tomb was starting to collapse, “Oh! We are going to be buried alive!” cried Starfire as she shielded her head from the falling rocks.
 
“I'm too young to die now…” cried Cyborg.
 
The cracks in the rocks were growing larger as huge boulders feel from the ceiling. Raven realized it was now or never. She had been prepared all this time in case something like this would happen…
 
She reached into her leotard and pulled out two small urns of powder, and one spell-book. “Raven… what are you doing?” called Copy-Cat.
 
Raven used her powers to cause the powder to spread in a giant ring around everyone, “Getting us out of here, that's what.” she answered. Then she knelt down, placed her hand over the book and concentrated…
 
“Azarath, Metrione, Zinthos! Karazon Rakashas, Endere! Vasarix Evbreov Azara… Azara… AZARA!!”
 
The ring of powder began to glow, along with Raven's powers. “Hey… what's goin' on?” cried Cyborg.
 
“I feel… rather strange!” added Starfire.
 
At that moment, a huge portal appeared over-head and sucked them all in like a vacuum, and not a moment too soon as the Cave had finally collapsed, and the Earth was completely turned dark.
 
Beast-Boy looked all around at the wreckage sites, statues of people, and red skies. “THE EARTH IS MINE…!” he shouted.
 
 
At that moment the movie screen blacked out as it was now time for a brief Intermission!”
 
Author's notes:
 
Again… try to keep in mind everyone…
 
The real Teen Titans in MY VERSIONS are really watching a movie made in their honor… whatever happens in this fic is not what happens, or what happened to them in my series at all.