Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ Super School stars ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
 
With the city back to normal, and Trigon's reign of terror buried for good… it was time for a couple more changes. For one thing, Terra decided not to return to Murakami High…
 
For one thing, all the students at the school would know for sure that she was a powerful girl she was, and probably even treat her like a freak…
 
The second and probably most powerful reason of all was for Beast-Boy…
 
He was right all along; she really didn't belong at school. “You don't belong here, Terra.”
 
She even realized how much better she was serving with the Titans. She needed to be a hero, and out there to save the world now that Beast-Boy was gone. She wanted to avenge him, and make up for all the trouble she had caused him.
 
She hated to bid goodbye to her adopted Grandmother, but the old lady had a feeling that this day would come. “You must do what your heart tells you.” she said, “You were never truly my own child… but I will always love as if it were true.”
 
So Terra moved back to Titans tower, resigned herself from Murakami-High, and settled back into her hero life once more.
 
 
For the past year the titans battled many powerful foes. Most of which were amazed to hear that Beast-Boy was gone, and easily brought on Terra's anger by mentioning it to her...“What's this… your boyfriend isn't here… Aww… boo-hoo-hoo… Oh, right… now I remember… Trigon destroyed him!
 
Every time Terra heard that, the enemies found themselves buried in a rockslide. “Whoa… remind me never to mention about BB again.” Cyborg whispered to the others, and they all agreed with him.
 
Still, every single day or so, unless she couldn't make it… Terra would always go back to the underground cavern and visit Beast-Boy's statue. She really missed him that much…
 
(Music cue)
 
As she looked into the statue's eyes, and remembered all the fun times she spent with Beast-Boy…
 
(Terra)
 
-Do I Love you?
Count the stars
multiply by ten
Of course I do
More than now and then
-I could paint a rainbow
Shine the sky
Set the stars in space
Faster than explain
How much I love your face
 
-Watch the moon
you knew soon
I would start to smile
when I say "Things change”
It only lasts a while
If you go “I'll miss you”
says my tears
I'll be frightened each day
For each and every happy day
To the rainbow's end
Is where I would go, my friend
I do love you so
 
Then, one day… about three years later…
 
The Titans had returned from after losing another battle with Slade, and letting him escape again. “We shall get him next time…” Copy-Cat said. “One day he shall make a mistake, and we shall be ready!”
 
Everyone agreed with him, but for now, they just decided to spend the rest of the morning around the tower.
 
The titans had grown up a little bit, and even looked taller, handsomer and prettier. Robin and Starfire finally had their wedding ceremony just a few months again and were know as the first Teen Titans to marry.
 
Cyborg even upgraded his systems, and was able to build in some new weapons…
 
Raven and Copy-Cat however… still just the same as ever. Somber, strange, and loved to read and mediate… Still… they were as close together as ever.
 
As for Terra… she had become quite the titan; stronger than ever and quick to act. She also began to feel stronger that someday Beast-Boy would return. She hadn't even visited his statue in the cavern for a while now…
 
Not like it was going anywhere…
 
 
Terra sitting in the lounge and watching TV… There wasn't much to watch; a cooking show here, a soap-opera there… even black and white horror movies on a couple of channels.
 
Just then, she stopped on a channel, “Hey… what's this?”
 
It was a new game-show, one that she had never seen before. The stage lights were dimmed out illuminating the streams of marquis-lights that were on the walls, behind the three contestants hidden in the dark, three large frames on the center wall, and a large black-board off to the right of the stage.
 
Overhead was an arch made of glowing and flashing light-rods, with flashing stars… and the show's title in the middle. The intro theme played followed by a huge drum-roll as a disembodied female voice called out to everyone…
 
“It's the Television school game that everybody knows, its SUPER SCHOOL STARS!”
 
(Super Pay Cards theme plays)
 
The music began to play, and the audience began to applaud.
 
Terra thought she'd watch this show, “A school game-show? Nice.” She muttered to herself, but suddenly… she heard the woman's voice call out… “And here's your host, GARFIELD LOGAN!”
 
Terra's eyes lit up, “Huh…?”
 
The stage lit up, and she saw HIM run out from behind the stage and onto the set. “Hey-hey…!” he called out to the audience.
 
Terra dropped the remote, and just sat there transfixed. Was it really him? Was it even possible? Well… he wasn't green anymore, and he had round ears, no fangs and brown hair… but what of his voice…?
 
“Thank you! Thank you very much everybody, and welcome to Super School Stars. We've got three super student-players on hand today, and one of them will have a chance to go home with over ten-thousand dollars in cash and prizes.”
 
That was it… his voice was exactly the same. Terra just sat there and watched the entire show…
 
Three high-school students were challenged to answer questions in different subjects; math, science, history, English... all that stuff, and earning dollar amounts with each correct answer.
 
They were also put to the test of their mental wit, by identifying pictures that appeared on the huge game-board, and trying to make match-ups to add more to their score totals.
 
Finally there was a “big test where the three students only had a short amount of time in which to do a pop-quiz featuring random questions relating to the school subjects, and even the questions and things they had answered earlier…
 
The student you scored the most went onto the bonus round, while the other two received parting gifts, as well as the amounts of cash they had earned.
 
The third contestant, now stood with Garfield, and the cost-host, who was also the announcer, Tiffany was her name, and she was indeed pretty.
 
The bonus-round consisted of three stages to go for one of the grand prizes. The contestant would be tested by their short term memory, and judgment of attention-span. The method of play was like a match up game.
 
A set number of cards with numbers on the fronts would be viewed on the game-board, and for a few seconds, the cards would flip over and reveal letters of the alphabet. Then the cards would flip back over…
 
In first phase of the bonus round, the player was given four cards to memorize and four seconds to do it with. The player would then pick a letter-card from Tiffany and try to find where the same letter was on the board. Doing so put an extra fifty dollars to their total of money made during the game, and advancement to the second stage…
 
The second phase was more difficult as it involved eight cards and eight seconds of memorization time. Success here increased the player's winnings by another five-hundred dollars to their total score for the day, and advancement to the final step…
 
The final phase was the most difficult. Twelve cards with twelve seconds to memorize them all. Correctly recalling its location won the contestant their choice of one of sixteen fabulous prizes, one for every letter in the name of the show; “Super School Stars”
 
There were dollar amounts from, five-thousand, to ten-grand. There were fabulous trips to exotic places, all expenses paid. Even new home-style products such as furniture and TV-sets...
 
However… if the player made a mistake during one of the first two levels, the player lost the chance to win one of the grand prizes, but could play that stage again for the money amounts, and be allowed to keep the money earned.
 
Today however, the contest one his way through all three rounds, chose a card from under one of the letters of the show's title, Garfield then was happy to announce, “Congratulations, you have won… TEN-THOUSAND DOLLARS CASH!”
 
The audience went wild with applause as victory music play, lights flashed, and bells and buzzers sounded. The player leapt for joy, shook Garfield's hand, and hugged Tiffany. Garfield chuckled happily, and then turned to face the audience as the show's theme played and lights began to move…
 
“This is Garfield Logan reminding you… If your doing well in school, and you may make it far. Think of the fun you'd have on…” Tiffany, the boy, and Garfield, and the audience all shouted out, “SUPER SCHOOL STARS!”
 
“So long everyone…”
 
The stage-lights dimmed out again leaving the stage dark, illuminating all the flowing marquis lights, and the credits began to show on the game-board.
 
 
Terra watched them roll by carefully, and saw the one that read: “Host: Garfield Logan.”
 
“I can't believe it… can it really be him?” she asked herself over and over again. She snapped out of her trance when Tiffany's voice was heard saying, “Super School Stars… is filmed at Murakami district, Jump City, America…”
 
The show finally ended, and that's when Terra realized she had to do one final thing before she could confirm if that guy on the TV was really Beast-Boy. She got up, and rushed out of the tower so fast she nearly collided into Cyborg along the way…
 
“Uh… O-kay…” he mumbled in shock at her jumpy attitude.
 
 
Terra had gone down to the underground caver for the first time in a long time. “Okay… if the statue's still there, then I know he's not back.” she thought to herself.
 
There, she could see the plaque, and a few steams of dead flowers placed on the pedestal… but no statue! Terra dropped her flashlight, and check the pedestal all over, not a trace of it was anywhere.
 
A hopeful smile began to appear on her face, and she began to jumping for joy cheering. She had to run back and tell the others… NOW!