Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ Things Change; the reversal. ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
 
Terra immediately rushed back to the tower and told the others what she had seen. “I'm telling you, I saw Beast-Boy!” she said for the third time, “And I went down to the caverns and his statue was gone.”
 
The Titans still found what she said very hard to believe. They always knew she had been upset since Beast-Boy turned to stone, “Wait… maybe she's right?” Raven said, “After all… she came back after a while.”
 
“Yeah… but how can we know for sure that the guy she saw was even Beast-Boy?” Robin asked.
 
In all honesty, Terra wasn't sure how to prove to the others that she actually saw him on TV…
 
 
She spent awhile in front of the bathroom mirror checking to see if she wasn't hallucinating. “Hmm… I don't feel any different than I did ten minutes ago.” she thought to herself, “But then what's really going on? Did I really see him.”
 
Even though that guy she saw, he did have the same voice, and even though he wasn't green anymore, the resemblance was uncanny.
 
She decided to go for a walk in the town to try and gather her thoughts. She even found time to head to Pam's café for a slice of apple-pie. She remembered Beast-Boy's first reaction to tasting it…
 
“This… is the greatest pie… in the history of pie!”
 
After she left she passed by the park and suddenly stopped dead in her tracks. There he was… the same guy she saw on TV. “Ah…!”
 
Garfield was out that day with his co-star Tiffany, dressed in normal clothes instead of their game-show outfits. They were helping to feed a poor mother, and her under-privileged daughter.
 
He had a lot of money, really a lot. Thanks to Super School Stars, he had cash to burn, so he decided to dedicate his time off the set to helping the poor and homeless, and the check he just gave to the woman and her daughter was enough for them to start a whole new life.
 
“Bless you, Garfield. Bless you.” the woman cried with tears in her eyes. Garfield and Tiffany smiled, and that's when the little girl asked, “Mr. Logan… are you sure you have enough money to share?”
 
(Music cue)
 
“Do I have enough money to share?” Garfield said to her, “Kid… I got it all.”
 
(Garfield)
 
You're poor and feelin' blue.
 
(Tiffany)
 
You need a buck or two
 
(Garfield)
 
Some coins will do, or a check will too,
Have I got cash for you…
 
When I go out to take a stroll,
I find poor folks with an empty bowl.
I've got the soul, to pay the toll.
I pay to help them all.
 
I got cash that just goes up.
And I got cash to help the poor flip-flop
Let's not stop, just bip and bop,
We're goin' to the top…
 
Cash to help you out,
Cash that with no doubt,
No need to shout, or eat boned trout,
Helping the poor's what it's all about.
 
 
Many people in the city who were once poor, now out of the gutter thanks to Garfield, they marched along by singing like a chorus.
 
 
(People)
 
Cash, cash, cash, cash, cash, cash, cash…
Cash, cash, cash, cash, caaa-aa-aash…
 
(Garfield)
 
My song is almost through.
The time is overdue.
So get a clue, this is your cue.
Come on now, it's good to be true,
Cuz I…Got… Cash… Foooor… Yo-o-o-ou-ou-ou-ou!
 
(People)
 
Cash, cash, cash, cash, cash, cash, cash…
Cash, cash, cash, cash, caaa-aa-aash…
 
 
The town's people cheered as Garfield and Tiffany walked up the street, and that's when Terra decided to make her move. “Beast-Boy…” she called as she dashed up the street.
 
Garfield didn't even turn around, until the calling voice got louder, “Beast-Boy…!” He finally turned just as Terra reached them. “Uh… hello…” Garfield said to this strange girl, “We're you talking to me?”
 
Terra looked up in confusion, “Beast-Boy… it's me, Terra?” she tried to move closer towards him, but Tiffany suddenly stepped in front of her and held her back, “Hey… where do you think you're going?” she sneered at her. She was surprisingly strong for a girl who was thin and pretty on TV. “Who are you, and who are you calling Beast-Boy?”
 
Terra tried to explain about Beast-Boy and everything that had happened, Tiffany thought Terra was “Screwed in the head.” But as for Garfield, “Uh, I'm sorry but I haven't a clue of what you're talking about. I don't know you, and don't know any Beast-Boy either.”
 
Terra felt her insides rushing… this was exactly like when Beast-Boy first saw her again and tried to reconcile with her, and now it was happening all over again.
 
Garfield and Tiffany began to walk away, “Wait…!” Terra called to him.
 
“I'm sorry, but we're late for a meeting at the studio-network.” he called to her. “We need to select our contestants for next week's game of Super School Stars.”
 
But Terra wasn't about to let him go, “Look… I know what I'm talking about here. Won't you give me a chance?”
 
Garfield stopped in his tracks. Tiffany tried to persuade him not to go along with her, “Misguided brain.” But if there was one thing Garfield didn't like to do, was turn his back on those who needed him, unless he was sure they meant bad news…
 
“I have tomorrow night free to myself, and everything.” He said, “I'll meet you for a slice of pizza, and we'll talk from there.”
 
Then he was gone, leaving Terra feeling all giddy with excitement. She just had to try and convince him that he was Beast-Boy.
 
 
The next evening, they met for Pizza as was scheduled. Terra asked Garfield about hit past life, but to her surprise “I don't remember that much…” he said to her, “I was orphaned as a boy, and I've been on my own for quite a long time, but I really recall having many adventures involving that much danger.”
 
“Suspect is diagnosed with definite amnesia.”
 
He was fortunate enough to have been given a complete surgery, and brain implant to alter his appearance, and give him the smarts he never had.
 
Terra sighed, obviously this wasn't working. Maybe she was wrong, and this guy really wasn't Beast-Boy… but when their Pizza came she realized that half one side of it had no meat on it. “Are you a vegetarian?” Terra asked.
 
Garfield nodded as he bit a slice, “I don't know why, but something inside me just tells me not to eat any meat.”
 
Terra had a feeling she knew what it was, “Dude… I've been most of those animals!” still, she didn't mention that to him.
 
After they finished eating, the night was still young and Terra decided to try another approach, and brought him back to Titan's Tower… where the whole team was completely surprised.
 
“Yo'… no way.” cried Cyborg.
 
“Is it possible…” muttered Robin.
 
All the Titans came out from their rooms, and Starfire even got a little carried away and hugged him tight, “Oh Friend, Beast-Boy… you have returned to us.”
 
Garfield, was he gasped for breath peeped, “Who… are… you? Do I… know you…?”
 
That's when the others began to feel the same as Terra, “Friend… do you not recognize me. I am Starfire your friend from Tameran?”
 
Garfield raised his eyebrow, “There's a country called Tameran…? Never heard of it…”
 
“Yo' man… quit playin' around.” Cyborg snapped, “You know who we are. You remember Titan's tower… don't you?”
 
Copy-Cat sensed the man's thoughts, “No… wait… he is speaking the truth.” He said, “e really has no thought of where he is or who we are.”
 
This was very, very serious, and it got all the worse when they gave him the grand-tour, showed him his old bedroom… and Terra even tried to remind him of all the times they had spent together. Event he heart-shaped mirror-box he had given her.
 
“I've never seen an object like this before…” he simply said, “And frankly, I'm starting to get a little freaked out by all this.”
 
“Beast-Boy… look… we just want you to get your memories back.” Robin told him. “You're one of us.”
 
Everyone added their own special comment, but Garfield, “Look… I hope you guys find the one you're looking for… but I think I better leave…” he said and indeed he did. “Well… that was something.” Raven said in dismay.
 
Author's notes:
 
Sorry, that's the best as I could remember…
 
I REALLY don't want to watch THINGS CHANGE again! So I'm only using what I remember… even though I wish I didn't!