Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Never ❯ Never ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Come On Raven. I’d really love it if you came along with us.”
“I don’t think so Robin.” Raven answered. The titans were going to a new club that had just opened up. While all of her friends loved that type of scene, Raven was never too content with being in a crowd, especially when people are dancing.
“Why not? It’ll be fun. I promise.”
Feeling courageous, Raven answered Robin truthfully. In all honesty, she had first started at the Teen Titans liking Beast Boy, but he never initiated anything, so she reluctantly moved on. Now, she felt like she was falling in love with the boy wonder in front of her. She never used to look at him that way until he kissed her that one night. Raven had almost given herself to him, but she wanted to be in a relationship before she did. The way things were going, she was sure that she and Robin would get there eventually.
“I don’t know how to dance and I’ll probably be sitting down when those slow songs come on.”
“Why would you be sitting down, if you’re going to be with me?”
“You really mean that Robin?”
“You know I do. So, you’ll be going then?”
“Yeah, I’ll come. But I’ll come a little later; I have to do some stuff to do before I go.”
Raven didn’t really have things to do, but she did have to get ready. She knew that she and Robin would make their relationship final tonight. She could feel it. She never usually trusted anyone this thoroughly before. But she knew robin wouldn’t hurt her.
She had heard everyone leave the tower and quickly finished getting ready. When she was finished she looked herself over in the mirror for the umpteenth time and decided she looked acceptable. She had never thought she was pretty, she thought herself homely. But the tight dark blue jeans and flattering red halter top gave her look an oomph. She wore the red shirt because it was robin’s favorite color. Her hair was pulled up and curled slightly to give the allusion that her hair was indeed wavy. She normally would never have taken so much time on her appearance, but she wanted to make Robin happy. She quickly reapplied her black eyeliner and put on a light lip gloss and headed out the door. For once in her life, she was excited and somewhat happy for what awaited her.
****************************************************************** **************
Raven slowly ambled down the side walk that led to the club on 34th street. She just couldn’t wait to get there. But, maintaining her dignity, she refused to scamper towards her destination. Raven was so happy that he had found someone like Robin. She had tons of problems in her life, but somehow he was able to look past them and find the real her. The her that she would never show others. Well except maybe Beast Boy, but he just had that kind of affect on people.
She finally reached the doors and cautiously went inside. After paying the fee and giving the guard her ID, she went inside to search for her friends and for him. As she walked through the crowd, she noticed Cyborg dancing with Bumble Bee and decided to leave them alone. She finally found the table where the Teen Titans had left their things, but only Beast Boy remained sitting there alone.
* I wonder where Starfire is…*
“Beast Boy, do you know where Robin is?”
“Huh-Raven! Uh..,’ Beast Boy was speechless. He had never seen Raven look so beautiful. He always thought she was gorgeous, but tonight she radiated. It hurt him deep inside to know that she liked Robin instead of him. He always thought he and raven would have made a great couple, but she never really shown any desire to be with him. After a few seconds of uncontrollable ogling, he regained his ability to speak.
“Umm, I think I seen Robin go somewhere near the back. I can take you if u wan-”
“No, that’s fine. I’ll find him.” And with that his violet beauty walked off to be in the arms of another man. Sometimes… Beast Boy really hated life.
***************************************************************** ***************
Raven weaved her way through the crowded dance floor towards the back of the club.
* I actually feel happy right now. I hope he thinks I look alright…*
She accidentally knocked a drunken girl over with her inconsistent shoves and pushes. Being polite, Raven bent over to give the poor girl a hand. But as the song that was blaring throughout the building finished, Raven happened to look back to the far wall as she was putting the girl on her own two feet.
No more than 10 feet away was Robin kissing Starfire.
Raven began to back away but did not miss Robin proclaiming his love for the red haired alien. Defeated and broken, Raven turned to run away from the sight before her. She bumped harshly into someone behind her and numbly noted that the individual was green. Just then a new song began to play out of the surround system and Raven bolted out of the damned club before anyone could see the tears that threatened to march their way down her sullen cheeks.
Beast Boy stared after and then turned to look at Robin still pressed intimately against Starfire. With a growl, Beast Boy turned on his heel and went in the direction that he seen Raven heading, the music still echoing in his ears.
I couldn't tell you
Why she felt that way,
She felt it everyday.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.

* Why does she like that prick? Robin isn’t good enough her. She always ends up with jerks, Malchior, Robin. Why couldn’t she have chosen me?” Beast Boy thought angrily as he exited the club sniffing the air for Raven’s sent. *She hasn’t teleported back to the tower. That isn’t good. It must mean that her emotions are too powerful for her to control…* Beast Boy ran off in the direction of the sent he would cherish until the day he died.
***************************************************************** ***************
What’s Wrong What’s Wrong Now?
Too many Too many problems
Don’t Know where she belongs

Raven, dejected and heartbroken ran blindly down the streets of Jump City.
*Where did I go wrong? I was so sure! Why does my life never go the way I need it to? What am I going to do now…*
Where she belongs…
* I’m always going to be alone…*
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
Raven found her way back to the Tower she called home. She ran into the black common room and through herself on the couch, thankful that no one was home to see her so out of character.
Its where she lies. Broken Inside.
As she lay on the couch she couldn’t help but keep asking * How could he do this to me?!*, knowing fully that she sounded like a broken record player.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
*How am I going to continue living here? How can I even be in the Teen Titans without seeing him? I’m Homeless again…* She sobbed even louder when the thought of leaving all of her friends resounded through her mind.
Broken Inside.
How could he do this to me…” Raven whispered through her sorrowful cries.
**************************************************************** ****************
Open your eyes and look outside, find a reason why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Raven quickly sat up when she heard the common room door open. Beast Boy ran in and was shocked at her disheveled appearance, but he was furious at the emptiness in her eyes.
* That gleam, that little light in her eyes that I tired so hard to put there is gone! Robin stole what happiness she had learned away…how could he do this to her.*
Be strong, be strong now.
Raven tried to stop the cries in her throat from billowing out of her lips; she tried to hold her tears back as she looked into Beast Boy’s eyes. She tried to be strong, but she just didn’t have the strength.
Too many, too many problems.
There were two many thoughts sailing through her mind and with a ragged breath, she bent her head and began to cry again, not caring if Beast Boy saw her or not.
Don’t know where she belongs
*
I’m going to have to leave*
Where she belongs
*I’m going to have to leave Beast Boy…* and with that thought, she found herself choking on her cries, running towards her bedroom.
Her feelings she hides
Beast Boy ran after her and began to knock impatiently on the door to her room.
“Raven let me in.”
“Just go away Beast Boy.”
“Raven let me in damnit!”
“No.”
“Just talk to me! Don’t hide from me anymore.”
Her dreams she can’t find
She wanted to open her door and fall into his arms while she cried, but she couldn’t. She would never go to anyone again. Robin crushed her dream of ever letting anyone close again.
She’s losing her mind
Beast Boy could feel energy crawling across his skin.
“Raven, what’s happening in there?!” Not getting an answer, he transformed into a spider and crawled under the door to find Raven curled in a ball on her bed, a black ball of energy radiating out from her being. Beast Boy transformed back and ran towards the woman he loved so dearly.
“Raven please, you need to try to control your emotions, please.” But the ball of energy kept growing larger as Raven continued to ignore him.
She’s fallen behind
*
Shit, she’s going to let the power consume her. No, I’m not going to lose her. She’s mine, damnit!”
She can’t find her place
“Raven! RAVEN! Please come back to me, don’t go. I love you, don’t hurt yourself. Control your emotions, please”
She’s losing her faith
No one loves me. I’m always going to be alone! I’m nothing! You’re better off without me…”
She’s fallen from grace
The energy that was coming from Raven began to strike out across the room, cracking her mirror and breaking various objects.
*She’s letting the demon side of her win. I can’t let her do that. I WON”T!*
Beast Boy rushed up to Raven and gently placed his hands against her face.
“I won’t let you leave me. I love you; I don’t care if you don’t love me.”
He pressed his lips chastely against hers and closed his eyes, relishing in the softness and the taste that exuded from them. The energy withdrew and slowly fell against Raven’s body until it dissipated from the room. She noticed a pressure against her lips and took notice that it was Beast Boy, the first person she had ever felt romantic feelings for, kissing her tenderly. She let her eyes drift shut as she responded to the kiss. Moments later, Beast Boy broke away from the kiss and stared at her with a mixture of weariness and longing.
“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that.” Beast Boy whispered quietly, Raven’s face still cradled in his hands.
She’s all over the place
Raven looked into his eyes and erratically began speaking.
“I’ve liked you for so long Beast Boy, but I didn’t think you liked me so I moved on and tried to put you in the past. I never thought you would love me and I thought Robin would and he just broke me down. Why would he do that? Why didn’t you ever tell me you loved me? Why?”
Un-used to Raven being so emotionally charged, Beast Boy was shocked to hear that Raven had wanted to be with him. He wasn’t her second choice. Robin was.
“I never thought you liked me Raven, but I have loved you ever since we first met. God, I still can’t get over how beautiful you are.”
Raven snorted in a un-lady like fashion, “Yeah, right. I’m a mess. There’s nothing beautiful about me.”
“You could shave your head and I would still think you to be the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. Though I would miss your hair.” He laughed softly at the end, desperately trying to ease Raven’s pain. Raven frowned forlornly.
She wants to go home,
“I think I should leave.” Raven whispered, not daring to look into Beast Boy’s eyes.
“You are home.”
Nobody’s home
“Nobody wants me here.”
“I want you here.”
Beast Boy pulled her into a tight embrace, crushing her against him as he softly whispered that he wanted her with him.
It’s where she lies. Broken Inside.
As she lay in Beast Boy’s arms, she listened to the pulsating rhythm of his heart and the mantra that used to play in her head before she had liked Robin began to play on repeat, over and over again.
*Does Beast Boy really love me?”
With no place to go, no place to go
“I guess I really have no place else to go.”
“Your place is beside me, Raven, with me.”
To dry her eyes
Raven’s last tears fell from her eyes and Beast Boy quickly brought his hand up to wipe them away.
Broken inside
*
Does he love me like I love him?*
She’s lost inside, Lost inside
“I just feel so lost right now Beast Boy.”
She’s lost inside, lost inside
“It’s ok Rae, I got you. I’ve found you.”
“Promise me I won’t get lost again…”
“I’ll never lose you. You’re mine.”
“Beast Boy, do you mind if we keep my whole breakdown thing between us?”
“You didn’t even have to ask. Though I’d love to kick Boy wonder’s ass for hurting you. I’ll shove my foot so far up-”
“Beast Boy.”
“Yeah?”
“Shut up.”
“Now there’s the Raven I know and love.” Beast boy smiled at her and grinned wider as she brought her face closer to his.
“Never lose me.” She pressed her lips against his and kissed him harder than the time before. They pulled apart to catch their breath and Beast Boy gazed into her violet eyes.
“Never.”
The End, Hope you liked it