Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections ❯ See ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Reflections
Sometimes you just wake up and see.
It's hard for some people, seeing. They live their lives with blinders on, focusing on only the things they deem important. The turn their head from other's pain and suffering because they think if they remain ignorant, then they'll never have to share that pain or suffering.
People are idiots sometimes.
That's why I'm glad I'm only half-human, though the other half isn't much better.
I woke up and saw once. Woke up in my dark and desolate room and opened my eyes. It felt strange, as if stepping out of that emblematic dark tunnel and into a swirling vortex of colors that threaten to attack your sanity. Perhaps it's better in the dark, but you see so much more without it.
I took easy steps (for someone with my psychic ability, those figurative colors exist and it does actually hurt your eyes to see them) towards the kitchen. Upon entering I found my friends with delightful auras, and I couldn't help but be happy for all the colors.
At least I can thank my father for something.
That's the first time I ever decided to call them friends.
That was also the day Beast Boy and Cyborg went into my head.
Those idiots never did realize that whatever they do inside my head affects me on the outside, which would explain while during meditation (and while they were talking to `Happy') why I went into my `happy place' (I normally stick the endless void of the universe. It's nice and quiet there.)
Of course the `condition' went away fairly soon; a good thing, the colors would not have been good during crime fighting.
I wonder if my friends have ever woken and seen. Have they come to a realization of grave importance or seen everything they've done and smiled to themselves? More than once I have wished to perhaps learn something more about them without revealing too much of myself. My friends are still not fully aware of my… heritage, and I would like to keep it that way. Few people wish to have a demon as a friend.
My thoughts shift as I wonder around the tower so early in the morning. Ever since that morning, I have seen things with crystal clarity, and my friends seem much easier to understand. Is it because I finally accepted them, or because I was no longer afraid to be myself (to a limit, of course) around them?
I do not know why, but I am walking. I pass the rooms of my friends and have slight glimpses of their dreams, as any empath would. It's a pain having that power, but it's easier to see when people are lying to you. I hate it when people lie, though I've told my share.
I find myself on the roof, and I stare into the moon. It is full and fat, and the ivory strands pierce through the night air like white blades. I breathe in the warm night air and wonder. I wonder about life, about friendship, about destiny.
And I see.
I've decided to do this as a kind of series of one-shots all reflecting Raven's thoughts. Next chapter might end up being an interlude, and I promise I'll update my real stories.
I thank you for reviewing:
Ryuu no Taiyo-*Bow* Thanks!
Moo- Yeah. I feel loved.
Jurodan- I might end up using that mirror in another of my fics, but I have to finish my current ones. `Incarcerated' means to be imprisoned, yes, but he was technically imprisoned in his robot body, as we've seen in `Sum of His Parts'.
Golden-Sama- Thanks! Yes Raven's a great character for reflecting. She's very introspective.
Wazzuppeeps- She's my favorite character too! I would love to look like her. Anyway, I'm glad I can make someone a bit jealous of myself however selfish that sounds, but I'm sure you understand.
animeobsessed3191- I think you're officially my biggest fan, but I could be wrong.
Review please, so my other stories get updated too.