Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Rejeneration ❯ What's Left ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
---somewhere at a hospital---

They both heard the baby boy crying loudly. His wailing was like a horrible siren that made his parents fear that something might be wrong. Suddenly, the doctor called for the mother to prepare to push again. He held his hands before her as the other nurses scurried about to clean up the first baby.

The father held his wife's hand as the baby came out.

It was quiet and looked almost as if it weren't breathing.

The doctor ordered a nurse to help him sever the cord.

They rushed the baby out of sight and the father held fast to his wife's hands. He was trying to hold onto the hope their second baby hadn't died during birth, that the baby would be set for life, not death.

"Doctor!"

All heads turned and the woman who'd taken the second baby returned.

"She's still breathing. She hasn't cried yet. Is there something wrong with her?"

"Check her fluids."

"I have. There aren't any of the usual fluids in her system. There isn't anything for me to manually take out. It's as if she, by some weird miracle, took out all the fluids herself."

The father smiled to his wife. "Let's name her Agua."

"Yes."

---present day---

"Agua? Hey, Agua!"

She looked over her shoulder at Earthian, previously known as Terra. "Yes?"

"You okay? You look spacey today."

"Yeah, it's just something I feel today, that's all."

"Aw, well...."

Upgrade suddenly attatched to his twin. "Merry Birthday, happy sister!"

Agua burst out laughing. "Oh, well, feelings gone," she told Earthian. "Who cares, still fun...."

Upgrade's electrically charged hair looked like something out of a mad science film. He finally got up and moved his goggles to the top of his forehead. "Upgrade's found something interesting...."

They both looked at Upgrade.

"Well?"

The duo jumped as Herald and Jericho stepped out from behind Upgrade. Herald smiled. "Surprising, isn't it? Anyways, I found a way into Titans East." He smiled and looked over his shoulder. "It's the best place to hide you while the rest of us fight Brother Blood and Bloodfire." He made a little noise and looked down at Agua. "But don't worry, I still have the link." This time, his smile was warm and brotherly. He held Agua close and whispered in her ear. "We'll find a place to lay dad to rest, Agua."

She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. "Yeah."

"Aw, look, a friendly reunion!"

The five of them stood at the ready as Bloodfire stood there, smiling.

"Time to take you out."