Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans: Slade's Return ❯ Raven's Gift ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own the Teen Titans or any of the charecters in this story. So please don't sue me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

THE TEEN TITANS!Chapter 14-Raven’s gift.

In the 72 hours since the final showdown with Slade, the Titans had lost Terra, Jinx, Red X and Raven because of Slade. But they had gotten their shots in as well. The apprentices were behind bars, Blackfire was dead and Robin had finally admitted his love for Starfire.

But for Beast Boy, those 72 hours had been close to a lifetime. He’d lost the woman he loved, not once, but twice. First, Slade destroyed Terra, then he’d taken Raven away from him. Right now, Beast boy was in his room, just lying there on his bed, with some Yellow Roses for Terra and some violets. He was going to put them in Raven’s room before the funeral. The guys didn’t have the heart to disturb him.

In the Titan tower living room, Cyborg sat with some pink roses in his hand for Jinx. Starfire and Robin had some red roses for Red X. Blackfire had been cremated as with Tameranian custom, and Starfire was going to scatter the ashes later on. “I’m glad that we’re burying our friends here at the tower. That way, they will always be near us.” Said Starfire.

“Red X and Jinx deserve to rest in peace. I think they can do that here.” Said Robin, wrapping an arm around Starfire’s shoulders.

“I just wish we didn’t have to bury them at all. We should’ve made sure Slade was dead after Terra took him out. Then maybe…I don’t know.” Growled Cyborg.

“Will Beast Boy be alright. These days have been the most trying for him.” Said Starfire.

“He’ll be OK when we get Raven back. We have to save her before Slade makes her do something she’ll regret forever.” Said Robin.

Just then, Beast Boy walked in. “Let’s do this guys.” He said.

They walked out to the grave site, where Aqualad, Speedy and Bumblebee were waiting. Starfire went to the waters edge. “Blackfire, my sister. As young children, we liked to fly out over the seas of Tameran. Now, I scatter your ashes to the wind of the sea, so you can enjoy the sea always.” Said Starfire, opening the urn and pouring Blackfire’s ashes to the wind.

Cyborg placed the pink roses over Jinx’s grave. “Jinx, I’m sorry that I couldn’t save you. In those few hours that we were partners, I felt like I’d know you my whole life. If this hadn’t happened, maybe we could’ve been more than just partners. I’ll never forget you Jinx.” He said.

Robin placed the red roses over Red X’s grave. “Red X. Slade created you so you would take over after him as the Evil crime lord of this city. But you became your own person, with thoughts and wishes of your own. Slade ordered you to hurt Star, but you saved her instead. I’ll always be indebted to you for that. Thank you so much.”

Then, Beast boy walked up to the tiny box holding Terra’s stone remains.

~~~Meanwhile, in Slade’s new hiding place.~~~

Raven looked over her book of spells and added some more ingredients to the boiling cauldron. Slade was in deep meditation in a circle of fire, and wouldn’t be out of it for another 2 hours. “Plenty of time to make Beast Boy’s gift.” She said quietly.

“Beast Boy, I don’t want you to be alone. I know you love me, but you can get over me. And I hope that you and the Titans can defeat me. But because I know that you need her now more than ever, I’ll give you back your first love. Take care of him Terra.” She said, as a tear fell into the cauldron.

Then she held the book and said the incantation.

~~~Back at Titans tower.~~~


“Terra, you were one of the best friends I’ve ever had. You saved us all from Slade, and you gave your life to save the city. You didn’t deserve to be destroyed by Slade, but your death won’t go un-avenged. I’ll avenge you Terra, and I’ll get Raven back.” Said Beast Boy, putting the yellow roses by the box

But as the Titans turned to go inside, the box began to glow a blue colour and shake. They turned to see a yellow power explode from inside. The stone pieces of Terra began to reassemble themselves, until they were the full statue of Terra. Then, to everyone’s pure amazement, the stone seemed to melt away, revealing Terra in her Titan uniform. She was flesh and blood again. Terra opened her big blue eyes and saw the Titans in front of her. “Hey guys, it’s great to see you again.” She said.

“TERRA!” They all yelled and ran to her.

~~~Slade’s hideout.~~~

Raven watched the power die down in her cauldron. “This is my gift to you my friends. With Terra’s help, you’ll be able to stop me.” Said Raven.

Slade then appeared at the door. “Raven, what have you just done?” He asked.

“Amended one of your mistakes.” Hissed Raven.

“Do you really think that Terra will turn the tide against us? Nothing will stop us from taking over this world with your powers.”

“Well I have to try. I don’t want to do this Slade, and I refuse to give you guys an easy ride.”

“My dear Raven, sooner or later, you will have to except the fact that you are evil. And this world will turn to ashes because of you. The sooner you realise that, the better it will be.”

Slade walked away, not noticing that Raven was in tears. “Please guys, you have to stop me somehow.”

~~~Titan’s tower.~~~

“So, you were aware of everything that was happening to you after you turned to stone?” Asked Robin.

Terra nodded. “Everything. Even when you guys came to take samples for study. And thanks for having enough sense to take the samples from my hair and not anywhere else.” Said Terra.

“Well, we kinda figured you wouldn’t appreciate a missing finger or ear.” Said Cyborg.

“But I don’t know what’s been happening the last few days. But Raven came and filled me in.”

“What? You saw Raven?!” Cried Beast Boy.

“Yes, in the spirit plane. When Slade destroyed me as a statue, that’s where I went. But then, Raven shows up like she’s been in constant battle for the past 2 years. Her clothes were torn and her hair had grown to the same length as mine…and she had these strange red markings all over her body…She didn’t look like Raven anymore.” Said Terra.

“You have Slade to thank for that as well.” Said Robin.

“What did she say to you?” Asked Beast Boy.

“She told me that her magic had increased and she wanted to use them for the last good deed she’d ever do. I don’t understand what she meant by that. But then she asked me to take care of Beast Boy. The next thing I know, I’m back here with you guys and busting up my own funeral. Sorry if I scared you guys.” Said Terra.

“It does not matter Terra. The most important thing is that you are back with us again. It gives us cause to celebrate!” Said Starfire.

“Yeah! I say we stop moping around and celebrate our friends lives…except Blackfire. They wouldn’t want that…except Blackfire. I say we throw a party for them…except…” Started Cyborg.

“OK Cyborg! We get it! We don’t have anything else to do with Blackfire!” Cried Bumblebee.

“Race you to the kitchen BB?”

“Oh you did not just say that!”

Cyborg and Bumblebee ran to the kitchen and began throwing together a tremendous feast, leaving the others looking bewildered. “Uh…so…Terra, did Raven tell you anything else?” Asked Aqualad.

“Yes. Before she sent me back, she gave me these pieces of paper. She said one was the things Slade wanted and we had to stop him from getting them at all costs. The other was a personal message for Beast Boy.” Said Terra.

She took out 2 scrolls from her pocket. She handed one to Robin, who opened it and took a look. “Did she say what they were for?” Asked Robin.

“She told me that they were ingredients for a really powerful spell. If Slade makes her cast the spell, she’ll release the most powerful demon the world has ever known. She wants us to try and stop her.” Said Terra.

“We’re gonna do more than that! We’re going to save her. I don’t know how Slade is doing this, but I have to get Raven away from him!” Shouted Beast Boy, storming out of the room.

Terra ran after him. “Beast Boy! Wait!” She cried.

“Terra, why did all this have to happen? I love her, I don’t want to lose her.” He shouted, punching the wall with his fist.

“Beast Boy, I understand. That’s why you need to read this.”

Terra handed him the note from Raven. Then, he went to his own room to read it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know I had to have some kind of happy ending for this chapter. And don’t worry, this isn’t the last part. But I am sorry to say that this story will reach it’s conclusion with the next update. Remember now, Read & Review.