Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Ten Guidelines for Dating Earth Boys ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Ten Guidelines for Dating Earth Boys
Chapter Four
By Jacque Nicole

Guideline #3 - Beware of waitresses.
For the second time that day, Robin found himself standing outside of Starfire's door. He slightly pulled up the sleeve on his left arm to reveal his favorite watch. `She should be ready by now...' he thought to himself as he lifted his arm to knock. The door slid open with a quiet swish before his hand could make contact.
Robin's jaw nearly fell when his girlfriend's drop-dead gorgeous figure was revealed. She wore a white baby tee with the word `IRRESISTIBLE' written across her breasts in sparkling gold letters. A peek of her tight belly was exposed between the waistband of her low-riding jeans and the shirt. When she was in her uniform, she was at least three times more scantily clad than she was now, but there was something about the way she left a lot to be imagined that made Robin's brain go ga-ga.
The Boy Wonder found himself gravitating toward her body, his hands making contact with her soft stomach. “Irresistible, huh?” he whispered, bringing his lips close to her ears. She shivered at his closeness. “I can certainly agree with that.”
“You do not look too bad, yourself,” she whispered back. Robin smiled. He had decided to ex-nay his entire uniform - excluding his ever present mask, of course - for more casual attire. He wore loosely fitting jeans and a comfortable black long sleeved sweater.
Robin could feel Starfire's breath hitching slightly as his fingers slowly trailed up her sides before finally grabbing the bottom of her shirt. For a moment, she thought - or maybe even hoped - that he was going to pull the shirt off over her head, but instead she felt him gently tugging it down.
She pulled away from him slightly. “Robin? What are you-”
“This doesn't come down any lower?” he said, his tugs steadily becoming more incessant. “It's fine if I think you're irresistible, but I don't want any other guys getting any ideas.”
Starfire covered her mouth as she quietly giggled at her boyfriend's possessive antics. “Oh, Robin,” she laughed, gently pushing him away and walking down the hallway. “You are so funny at times.”
Robin followed closely after. “I was being serious,” he said.
Starfire turned around, a grin on her lips. “I know. That is what makes it so funny.”
The door to the Main Room opened, the bright light that streamed through the tall windows in the room giving Starfire's silhouette an ethereal glow. The Boy Wonder threw his arm around her waist and pulled her close as he led her to the elevator. “You know, you're lucky I'm the one that's with you. Any other boyfriend would have made you change.”
They both entered the elevator. Starfire pushed the button with a G on it with a slender finger. “You are not worried about the other guys - you just want to keep looking at me all day.”
Robin shrugged his shoulders. “Can you blame me? I am a red-blooded male.”
“I would not want anyone else,” she said, pushing her body closer to his.
Robin backed off a little. Hot Starfire plus an even hotter Robin in a small space alone did not spell good things for the Boy Wonder. “Star-”
“Robin?” She closed the little gap between them and began to run her fingers through his soft black hair.
“Star...” His eyes darkened. His pulse quickened. He wanted to kiss her.
“Robin?” she repeated with a husky tone.
Robin could see the wildness in her eyes. He looked down to avert her gaze. The word `IRRESISTIBLE' stared back at him. Dammit, he wanted to do more than just kiss her.
Suddenly, the room shook slightly, there was a loud ping, and the elevator doors slid open.
Robin looked physically relieved as he slid out of the small compartment and away from the temptress. “Talk about saved by the bell...”
“What did you say?” asked Starfire as she followed him out.
“Nothing,” he replied quickly. He snatched the keys to the T-Car off of the wall and moved to the passenger side of the vehicle to open the door for his girlfriend.
“Thank you,” she muttered, sliding into the seat. Robin jogged to the other side of the car and got into his own seat. “Do you have everything?” asked Starfire before he started the car.
“Let's see...” He sat up a little and patted his back pocket. “Wallet - check.” He wriggled his eyebrows at Starfire. “Girlfriend - check.” He flashed her a sexy smile. “Charm - double check. Looks like we're good to go.”
She giggled as he backed out of the garage and they drove off.
XOXOXOXOX
It was lunchtime. A scrawny teenager paced nervously back and forth as he lurked in a barely visible alley. Another strongly built teen leaned against one of the cleaner parts of the dirty wall, his tall body and chiseled face stoically frozen.
“Jason,” sighed the taller boy, rolling his eyes. “What the hell are you doing?”
The smaller boy, Jason, nearly tripped over at the older boy's words. “Oh c'mon, Todd. I don't seriously have to do this, do I?”
Todd checked his watch in obvious boredom. “Of course you do; what kind of stupid question is that?” Jason looked like he was ready to pass out. “And the quicker you do it the better. We're gonna be late for practice.”
Jason gave one last effort to bail out. “But, Todd, you're my older brother. Surely, you can-”
“Look, Jason. You have to realize that you are a freshman. If you want to be on the varsity soccer team, you have to complete this right of passage. We all had to do it.” Getting impatient, he peaked around the corner. There was no one there. “You're just lucky you didn't have to do what I did. Sometimes I can still taste raw eggs in my mouth.”
Jason began to sweat. “I'd rather do that than steal!”
“Oh, grow up, Jase,” argued Todd, throwing his arms into the air. “It's just a little pickpocketing. Besides, it'll help raise money for the new soccer uniforms.” He poked his head out again as his brother continued at rant in the background. He could see a couple stepping out of a pretty snazzy looking car. They began to walk toward their alley. Todd immediately recognized them as Robin and Starfire from the Teen Titans. In seconds, Todd was able to concoct a devious plan for his nervous little brother. “Jason, do me a favor and shut the hell up.”
“But, Todd-”
“Go!” And with that, Todd pushed his brother out of the alley and onto the sidewalk, causing him to collide head on with Robin. They both fell onto the ground with a hard thump. Through hazy vision, Jason could see Starfire flock to Robin's side.
When the red head cast her gaze onto him, the young freshman felt like his heart leaped into his throat. “I-I-I-I...”
Robin groaned as he sat up from the ground. “You know, I'm tired of hitting my head on the ground today.”
Jason's heart was beating in his ears. “I-I-I...”
“I'm sorry,” the young boy heard his older brother's voice from behind him. “My little brother is pretty damn clumsy,” said Todd, his eyes roaming up and down Starfire's body as if to say `Why, hello there, hottie.'
Starfire gave him a look in return which was meant to say, `Do I have a stain on my shirt?' but it was, of course, misinterpreted by Todd for a `hello yourself' look.
Robin and Jason were oblivious to the entire exchange.
“Don't worry about it,” Robin told Todd as Starfire helped him stand. “No harm, no foul.”
“Right,” Todd drawled, slightly distracted. “Well then, say sorry, Jason.”
“I-I-I-”
“Good boy,” said Todd as he hoisted his younger brother up by the arm. “Time to go,” he said to the two heroes. “Thanks for protecting our city and stuff.” And with that, Todd dragged Jason around the corner and out of sight.
As the pair walked away, a now calmer Jason pulled something dark from behind his back. Todd looked down and realized what it was. A wallet.
“Ha!” he said, patting Jason hard on the back and ruffling his thick black hair. “I knew my little brother had some balls!”
“Can we just go?” whispered Todd nervously, his eyes darting back and forth with paranoia.
Meanwhile, Robin and Starfire stared at the corner the pair had just disappeared around.
Starfire shot Robin a puzzled look. “Well, that was certainly peculiar.”
“Yeah, tell me about it,” Robin replied. He looked up and saw what shop they were standing in front of. “Oh, this is the place!”
The red head peered into the window of the small restaurant. “Uncle Jim's Diner?” she said questionably. “Are you sure this is the place?”
“Yup,” replied Robin as he led her through the doors. “The name may be a little misleading, but it really is a great place.”
As soon as the pair entered, every sound in the restaurant was suddenly muted. Starfire began to get a little antsy when she realized that everyone's eyes had focused on her and her boyfriend. Even the chefs' heads peeked through the doors of the kitchen to catch a glimpse of the famous couple.
Robin cleared his throat. “Um, table for two?”
Almost simultaneously, everyone went back to their own business. Dishes clashed, people chatted with one another, and babies cried. Out of the corner of his eye, Robin could see a pair of waitresses squabbling with one another. There was a short game of Rock, Paper, Scissors between the two before the more curvaceous waitress jumped up in joy. `Looks like she's our waitress,' Robin thought to himself. He cast a weary glance at Starfire who didn't look like she was having any fun at all.
“Hey there!” said the voluptuous waitress, a big fake smile plastered on her face. She sported a thick Texan accent that Robin knew was going to drive him insane. “Table fer two?”
“That's what I said... er...”
“Candy,” she supplied, pointing a finger with a long red nail to the name tag on one of her larger than life breasts. “Follow me.”
Robin held Starfire's hand as the woman lead them to what seemed like the only open table in the entire restaurant. Starfire looked at the table and then back at the woman. “Excuse me, but this table doesn't seem to have been cleaned.”
“Honey, this ain't no five star restaurant, kay? That there's the cleanest that table's gonna get,” Candy told Starfire rudely. Starfire shut her mouth and slid into the booth opposite her boyfriend. “Here's yer menus,” said the blond, bending unnecessarily low to expose her bountiful cleavage to Robin as she gave him his. “I'll be back in a minute to take yer orders.”
Once the woman was out of earshot, Starfire turned to Robin with a not-so-pleasant expression on her face. “Robin, I do not wish to be here.”
“Uh, don't worry about it, Star.” Robin almost had to shout over the noise in the small place. “Cyborg recommended this place to me. He says they serve the best burgers.”
“Cyborg likes all types of burgers, good or bad,” she pointed out just as the sluttress—a nickname that Starfire had decided to give the woman—sauntered back to their table.
“So, have you made your decision, cutie?” she said to Robin, flashing her perfect teeth as she smiled flirtatiously at the Boy Wonder.
“Well, I-” Starfire began.
“I wasn't askin' you, hon,” interrupted Candy. Starfire wondered if punching her in the face would be inappropriate.
Robin tried to look anywhere but at the woman's chest, which seemed to be conveniently falling out of her shirt. “A bacon cheeseburger would be great,” he said, deciding to keep his face hidden behind his menu.
Noticing his little trick, Candy snatched the menu out of his grasp. Robin was assaulted with an in-your-face view of her copious cleavage. This did not go unnoticed by Starfire. “Ouch!” Robin growled as he felt a swift kick delivered to his shin from under the table. He threw an angry look at his girlfriend. Her face was turned in the opposite direction completely.
Starfire tossed her menu at Candy. “I would like the same. I would also appreciate it if you could refrain from throwing yourself at my boyfriend. Thank you in advanced.”
Candy glared at Starfire. “Two bacon cheeseburgers and an insecure girlfriend, got it. That should be done in about ten minutes.”
Starfire stuck her tongue out at Candy's retreating back. `The nerve of some people...'

...End Chapter Four...
Number of Words: 2,138
Posted: January 24, 2006
Last Edited: August 20, 2006