Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ TERRA ❯ Eve Was Weak ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Titans or ‘Carrie’.
__________________________________________________________

Miss Smith entered the Principal’s Office, Terra following her.  

“Mr. Jones?” she asked.  

“Yes?” Mr. Jones, the principal, asked.  

“This is Terra Markov.  I think she should be sent home for the day.  She’s had a rather—frightening—experience.”

“Right, 221; Mr. Jones said, pulling out a dismissal slip.  “Dismissal at 9:45 A.M.  Terri Markov—“

“It’s Terra,” Miss Smith corrected.

“Right,” Mr. Jones muttered.  He signed the dismissal slip.  He looked at Terra.  “Do you need a ride Terri? We can call a cab—“

“It’s Terra,” Terra muttered.

“She can walk,” Miss Smith said.  “She just lives a few streets over, on 8th Avenue.” She turned to Terra.  “Terra? You’re excused from gym tomorrow and all next week.  You can go to study hall in the library instead.”

“You can go now, Terri,” Mr. Jones said.

“It’s Terra!” Terra snarled.  The desk slid across the floor nearly three inches.  Terra turned around and left.

“What happened?” Mr. Jones asked once he had gotten over his shock.

“She got her first period in the shower,” Miss Smith said.

“Her first? Isn’t she a bit old—“

“Yes.  But she had no idea what was happening.  She thought she was bleeding to death.”

“I find it hard to believe that girl in high school could not know something like that,” Mr. Jones said.

“There’s no other explanation for her reaction,” Miss Smith said.  “And look at who her mother is!”

“We can’t interfere with people’s beliefs, Miss Smith.  You know that.”

“I know,” Miss Smith said.  “The other girls—they were shouting at her and pelting her with tampons when I came in.”

Mr. Jones frowned.

“Do you have a punishment in mind?”

“Yes,” she said.
__________________________________________________________
From Telekinesis: The Black Prom by Gerald Potter

It seems impossible to believe that at seventeen, Terra Markov knew nothing of the menstrual cycle.  Yet at seventeen years old, Miss Markov was not aware that menstruation even existed.  We know that her ignorance of menstruation was a direct result of her mother’s religious mania.  
__________________________________________________________
< br>
It was a little past three o’clock.  Upon arriving home, Terra had changed clothes. Now she was in the living room, thinking about what had happened.  The concept of menstruation made so much sense now.  She couldn’t figure out why she hadn’t known about it.  Miss Smith had said that all girls had periods.  

She said that most girls get theirs at twelve, Terra recalled.  Their mothers had told them.  She blinked, realizing something.  Their mothers had told them.  But her mother hadn’t.  Just then, the door opened.  Her mother was home from the laundry.  Terra was trembling.  

“Terra,” Margaret Markov said softly, coming into the living room.  Terra looked up.  She knew.  Of course, the school would have called her at the laundry and told her what had happened.  “You’re a woman now,” Mrs. Markov continued, like Terra had committed a capital crime by getting her first period.  

Terra ran towards her mother.

“Oh, Momma, why didn’t you tell me? I was so scared! I thought I was dying! And the other girls laughed and threw things at me—“

SMACK.

Mrs. Markov slapped Terra and Terra fell to the ground crying.  

“And God made Eve from the rib of Adam and Eve was weak.  Eve was weak, say it!”

“Momma, listen to me, it wasn’t my fault—“

“And Eve was weak and loosed the raven on the world, and the raven was called Sin.”

“Momma, I didn’t do anything wrong—“

“And the first sin was Intercourse.”

“Momma, please! Listen to me!” Terra cried.

“And God visited Eve with a curse, and the curse was the Curse of Blood.”

“Momma—“

“Eve was weak.  Say it!”

“No, Momma!” Terra said, and Mrs. Markov struck her again.

“Say it!”

“And Eve was weak!” Terra said.  “Momma, it wasn’t my fault!”

“Pray to God for forgiveness of your sin.”

“I didn’t sin!” Terra cried.  “You sinned Momma! You didn’t tell me, and they made fun of me!”

“Go to your closet and pray,” Mrs. Markov said.

“No!” Terra cried.  Mrs. Markov grabbed Terra by her arms and began to drag her towards the open closet.  “Momma, no!” Terra cried again.  The window flew open.  Mrs. Markov looked at the now open window then back at Terra.  

“You spawn of the devil,” she whispered.  She threw Terra into the closet then shut and locked the door.  Terra pounded on the door.

She was alone in the dark, with no food, water or a bathroom.  There was no telling when she would be let out, especially given how far she had rebelled today.

No! Terra thought.  No, no, no, no, no!

“Momma!” Terra shrieked, pounding on the door.  “Let me out! Please!”

There was no answer.
__________________________________________________________

Raven was sitting next to Gar Logan on his couch.  They had been dating for a few months now.  Now that the movie was finished, Raven’s thoughts drifted to Terra Markov.  She remembered the way she had cried, how scared she had been.  Raven felt a strong surge of regret and tears filled her eyes.

“Raven?” Gar asked, sounding alarmed.  “Raven, what’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing,” Raven said, trying to wipe the tears from her eyes.  

“Raven, don’t shut me out.  You can tell me anything,” he said.

“Gar, I did a horrible thing today,” Raven said.

“What? Tell me.”

Raven didn’t answer.

“Raven, please.”

He sure is persistent, Raven thought.  She sighed.

“Well, this is what happened,” she began and told him what had happened in the showers that morning.

“You’re right,” he said.  “That was mean.  Doesn’t sound like you at all.  What are you going to do about it?”

“I don’t know,” Raven admitted.