Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ TERRA ❯ Saturday ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Titans or Carrie
_________________________

It was the night of Saturday, May 25th.  Terra glanced at her clock.  It said 7:45.  She had just put her dress on.  She started to apply make-up to her face.  As she was applying some eyeliner, her mother came in.

“Take off the dress,” Mrs. Markov said.

“No, Momma,” Terra said.

“I can see your dirtypillows.  Take off the dress.”

“Breasts, Momma,” Terra said.  “They’re called breasts.  Every woman has them.”  She put the eyeliner away, and took some pale lipstick out, and began to apply it to herself.

“Take off the dress.  We’ll burn it, and ask for forgiveness—“

“Momma, no!” Terra said, capping the lipstick.  She grabbed the corsage that Gar had given her earlier, and put it around her wrist.  She looked out the window.  Gar wasn’t there yet.

“He’s not coming,” Mrs. Markov said.

“Yes, he is, Momma, stop it! I don’t need you making me more nervous than I already am!”  She ran a comb through her hair.  She had added a little extra curl for the Prom.  Her mother suddenly slapped herself across the face.  Terra set the comb down.

“Stop hurting yourself, Momma!” Terra cried.  Mrs. Markov slapped herself again.  

“They’re all going to laugh at you!” Mrs. Markov cried.  

“Be quiet! Sit down, and just be quiet!” Terra shrieked, using her powers to force her mother on her bed.  She looked out the window again.  A car was pulling up in the driveway.  

“Terra, stay here with me, I’ll tell him you changed your mind—“

“Be quiet!” Terra shouted.  Her mother fell silent.  “Stay there and keep quiet until I leave!”  She headed downstairs.  She heard the doorbell ring, and she opened the door.

“Hey,” Gar said.  He was in a tux, and looking very handsome.  

“Hi,” she said.  “Do you—do you like me?”

“You’re beautiful,” he said, and led her to his car.
___________________________

From Telekinesis: the Black Prom by Gerald Potter

Kathryn Walker was the one who came up with the plot to humiliate Terra Markov at the Prom.  However, she couldn’t do it alone.  She had her boyfriend, Frank Webb, help her get the pig blood.  But how to ensure that Terra and Gar were voted King and Queen? We know that Gar and Terra, in fact, were voted King and Queen.  But shortly after the Black Prom, there were King and Queen ballots found in the dumpster outside the Murakami High School gymnasium.  According to those ballots, Kori Anders and Dick Grayson won.  That means that Kathryn Walker had another accomplice.
______________________________

Coma glanced at the clock.  It was nearly 8:00.  Billy should have been here over half an hour ago.  As if on cue, he came hurrying into the gym, holding a stack of ballots.

“About time you got here,” Coma said, annoyed.  “So, you got the ballots?”

“Yes,” he said, handing them to her.  Coma rifled through them.  According to the ballots he just handed her, Gar and Terra would win.  

“Okay, you put them away somewhere until it’s time to vote on the King and Queen.  I’ll dispose of the real ballots in the dumpster by the gym.”

He nodded, and she handed the fake ballots back to him.
_________________________________

They pulled up into the Murakami High School parking lot at 8:10.  Gar started to get out.

“Wait!” Terra said.  Gar paused.  “Can we just wait here for a little bit?”

“Sure,” Gar said.  “Hey, want to hear a joke?”

“Okay,” Terra said.

“If your mother is from Iceland, and your father is from Cuba, what does that make you?”

“I don’t know,” Terra answered.

“An ice cube!” Gar said.  Terra laughed.

“You’re really funny!” she said.  Gar brightened.

“You think I’m funny? Really?”

“Yeah, you’re hilarious,” Terra said, smiling.  Gar grinned.  

“I’m ready to go in now,” Terra said.  Gar nodded, and opened the door.

“Wait here for a minute,” he said.  Terra nodded.  After a moment, he came around to her side of the car and opened her door for her.  He extended his hand towards her.  She grabbed it.  They walked into the gym together, holding hands.