Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Force of Hatred ❯ Snap! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
A few days had passed, and the titans remained distant towards Beast Boy, and were always giving him the cold shoulder, or pretending he wasn't even there for all the horrible things he had said about them in his diary. Beast Boy was so infuriated, that he decided to leave and go out again.
The other didn't seem to care much, and figured maybe he'd straighten out a bit and learn to grow up.
Beast-Boy went flying around the city trying to clear his head, but every time he tried he just kept thinking more and more about how everything in the city, at the tower, in his very life were all going so horribly wrong!
He stopped at many different places where his favorite hangout places once stood. The candy shop and the video store were gone to make way for that new office complex. The theme park by the pier had been cleared away and a new warehouse for shipping would soon take its place. Even Ben's café was going out of business. Everywhere there were changes, changes and more changes, which ended up robbing him of more and more of his favorite places to hang, and no replacement anywhere in the city.
“Ugh…!” Beast Boy groaned as he took off and flew to the park. At least he still had it.
A walk or sit-down in the park usually helped him whenever he was feeling sad, but today it just wasn't working. His thoughts just wouldn't stop torturing him. He felt angry and sad all at the same time. He couldn't even tell himself a joke or laugh himself better anymore. He thought, maybe he'd try and sing himself a little song… but before he had a chance. “Hey… Brat Boy!” snapped a voice.
Beast Boy saw Terra's two friends, he remembered, and they were with two strong looking guys. Manny, and Alex… “What do you guys want?” Beast Boy asked.
“You're in our seat.” Jackie growled “So beat it!”
“Yeah…! Get lost, Brat Boy!” snapped Jillian.
“It's Beast Boy! BEAST… BOY…!” he growled at them “And this happens to be a public park-bench. I can sit here if I want to.”
The boys stepped forward. “Hey, kid… I don't think we made ourselves clear.” Alex sneered.
“Yah..!” added Manny, who spoke with an articulate foreign accent “You move yourself now, or we will be moving you ourselves!”
Beast Boy didn't look at all scared, and just turned into a lion and roared at the two boys, frightening them like scared little girls. Then he turned back to his normal-self, but decided to leave anyway, but he warned them to stay away from him. “Or next time… while I would probably get in trouble. I just plain don't care.” He basically threatened them all and walked away.
The girls were outraged and badly scolded their boyfriends. “He turned into a lion.” said Alex.
“Yah…! What are we looking like, armed hunters…?” asked Manny.
The girls decided to get even with Beast Boy, but not just for the humiliation he had given them…
While walking through town on her day off from school, Terra looked as if she had been to a funeral. All this time and she still found herself thinking about Beast Boy and what she had done back at school. Why was she feeling like this? Wasn't this what she wanted… to be away from him and not cause him anymore trouble or pain? True he seemed hurt when he had left the school that day, but hopefully he'd get over it and move on.
Yet, she couldn't expel him, and this was the main cause of her slowing down. Not only had she flunked that geometry test, but she had a hard time focussing in the rest of her school work, and stopped hanging around with her friends. They had been leaving her messages non-stop, inviting her shopping or to hangout, but she declined and kept saying she needed time to think.
She decided to head to the town museum and study up on the exhibits to help her grades, and maybe preoccupy her thoughts away from Beast Boy, but she arrived just in time to see him there at the museum and being kicked out by security. “Dude… it wasn't my fault!” snapped Beast Boy.
“Beat it, freak!” snapped the guard and he threw him hard onto the pavement. “Ooh…!” Beast Boy growled as he rubbed his sore bottom. Terra hid out of sight so he wouldn't see her, but she saw how angry he looked and continued to watch him as he stomped off. “JERKS…!” Beast Boy shouted at the museum one last time before.
Terra resisted any urge to follow him, and approached the guard, and asked him what was wrong. “That kid came in here and nearly wrecked our newest exhibits.” He guided her to the stone exhibits, and showed her those very exhibits.
Terra couldn't believe her eyes, one of them was her old pedestal from when she was a stolen statue before being released by Raven destroying Trigon. It had obviously been dug up from the underground caverns, but the plaque that was on it had obviously faded away, so now only the name “Terra” was there. The museum obviously thought it was some sort of ancient artifact.
The guard explained that the green kid had been staring at the stone for a long time, since the day it came, but then he was seen inside and seemingly damaged the exhibit next to it-- A simple, large stone with a strange and ancient looking sword sticking out of it. The plaque near it read
“The Sword of Hatred!”
The story explained how long ago there was a fierce war, and hatred was seemingly everywhere until and spread chaos destruction and death everywhere, until all the hate was exorcized and supposedly sealed away within the sword that now rested in the stone. Legend said that whoever removed the sword from its resting place would fall under the curse of the force of hatred, and the evil chaos would rise again to continue what it started.
Still, it was only a superstitious legend to which practically no one believed. “That green kid…” the guard said, “Next thing I knew he was inside the exhibit holding the sword in his hand. Then he makes some lame story that it wasn't his fault. He's been banned for life. We won't see him anymore.”
The guard left Terra to continuously eye at the exhibit. “Beast Boy would never do anything like that.” she thought to herself. Now she was thinking of him more and more, and remembering all the fun times they had. She grabbed the two front threads of her long hair in frustration, and decided she really needed some time alone now, or maybe… she needed to see him again? Was that it? Was that what had been eating at her?
She didn't know and really didn't think it right to go near him, for his sake as well as hers. She wanted to be happy in her new life and let him live his own without her and without any more trouble.
She felt that staying out of his way would only make things better.
As she left the museum, she noticed everyone was gathering all around Ben's café, and the titans were there too. She stood as far away and out of sight as she could so as none of the titans would accidently see her. She didn't want to risk anymore of them confronting her and asking her to come back.
The demolition for Ben's café had been moved to that day, and many of the town's people, who had received the news, had gathered to watch the destruction, and the titans were invited to press the trigger as honored guests.
The mayor gave his speech and explained that the demolition would be harmless and not cause massive dust-clouds or destruction. Just a simple explosion to demolish the place which then be cleared to make way for a new transit-company.
Beast Boy did not seem impressed, and looked very sour, but the other titans looked proud and honored to perform the task. The countdown started, and Starfire pressed the trigger. POW! The small bombs exploded and the café collapsed into a pile of rubble while at the same time, Beast Boy felt his heart being stabbed by a knife. The last place he loved in all of Jump City was no more. He had officially lost it all.
Terra felt just as bad watching it from afar. She was going to miss the café an awful lot, but suddenly her attention was turned back to the crowd of people when she noticed Beast Boy hold his head in frustration.
Beast Boy was trying to remain calm. “Don't blow it…” he cried “Don't blow…! Don't… AAAAH WHAT THE HELL EVER!!” he suddenly shouted and turned to face the people “CAN'T YOU PATHETIC MORONS LEAVE THE CITY ALONE AND STOP WITH ALL THESE STUPID CHANGES?!”
The people stood wide-eyed and horrified, but the titans were really fed up with Beats Boy now. “Beast Boy…!” snapped Robin “No one cares what issues you may have, but these people have nothing to do with it and only have good intentions.
Beast Boy approached him and snarled right in his face, “Well, that's fine for them, but I can't live my life on other people's happiness, can I? You, just like everyone have taken everything I love away from me, but I guess I can't blame you, because you've got… “Good intentions!”
Cyborg butted in “Yo' man! Chill out!”
“Ooh… whatever you say, Duuuuude!” Beast Boy mocked in his face “You got a deal… Yooooo! Here's something I've been meaning to tell you, and I'll say it so you don't have to peek in my diary like you did before. AREN'T YOU DUE TO HAVE YOUR BOLTS RETIGHTENED?!”
The crowd gasped, but not as deeply as Cyborg. “Whoa…! Just whoa, man!”
“Beast Boy…!” snapped Starfire “You are behaving far worse than even the biggest Clorgbag Vilkernilk than I have ever seen.”
Beast Boy sarcastically put a hand to his ear. “Oh…! Do I hear the sound of a voice form outer-space? It's got to be twinkle-twinkle little Starfire… the answer to a QUESTION NO ONE GIVES A FLYING DAMN ABOUT!”
Raven stood there shaking her head, but as expected he approached her “And what are you shaking your head for? You got something to say? Or maybe you'd like to read my diary and misjudge me some more!”
“Get out… of my face!” Raven sneered. “I got a better idea…” Beast Boy whispered, and then WHAMM! He smacked her good and hard across the face, knocking her over. “HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?!”
Then, suddenly, a small dart shot him in the neck. “Ah…! Uhn…! Oh…!” and he fell over in a deep sleep. The mayor thanked the policeman whom he asked to shoot the dart, and then it was decided that Beast Boy needed some serious help.
Terra had seen and heard everything from where she was. She had no idea that Beast Boy was ever capable of showing such anger. It was obvious to her now that he hadn't so much as even tried to move on. “Beast Boy…!” she peeped.
Author's notes:
Yes, I admit it. Beast Boy's popping of was inspired when Ned Flanders snapped on the Simpsons, but hey… it was perfect. I saw my chance and took it.