Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Titan ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: When they say too many cartoons is bad for you, they really mean it. So, here I was, watching the `Teen Titans' when `bling!' this idea came to me. Anyway, this is my very first `Teen Titans' fic, so please go easy on me. (Puppy Dog Eyes)
 
Basic Summary: Every team of heroes will have a forgotten member and the Teen Titans are no exception. So when an old flame of Robin's appears as Red X's partner, to what lengths would the Boy Wonder to save her? And to what extent would Starfire of to
prevent Robin from falling in love with Shadow again? Read and find out.
 
Disclaimers: I own nothing, except my OC.
 
Prologue
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Deep underground, the lights suddenly turned on, one by one, and the camera moved to center on two people.
 
“Are the plans set?” the female asked.
 
“Yes.” the male answered, taking his eyes off the plans and on the female.
 
“Are you sure you're able to go through this? He asked. “After all, this is Robin we're talking about here.”
 
The female stiffened.
 
“Yes.” she answered coldly.
 
“Good.” the male remarked.
 
With a silent whoosh, the female molded into the darkness.
 
On the safety of the shadows, Merci removed the pendent on her neck. Inside was a picture of her and Night aka Robin taken less than three years ago. She has supposedly died in a car accident two years ago and it was after that when Robin formed the Teen Titans. Technically, she was dead, but not spiritually.
 
You see, Merci was now half shadow, half human. After the accident, she found herself between the panes of life and death. Through sheer will power, she pulled herself back to the world of the living and went in search for Robin.
 
Imagine her shock when she found out that Robin had forgotten her. Her shock melted into sorrow when she saw Robin getting pretty cozy with Starfire. Utterly upset, she fled into the comforting darkness. This was when Red X found her.
 
The very unlikely pair formed an almost instant friendship when Merci found out that Red X's suit was created by Robin.
 
They shared one thing in common: the love for the shadows. Red X found that her ability to phase through solid objects came in very handy in tight situations and Merci needed the companionship which Red X readily gave.
 
Merci was definitely one amazing female. Red X had to giver her that. She had the swiftness and alertness of a prowling panther, no doubt from her previous training.
 
Coupled with her phasing abilities, her mind-reading skills and her shadow-molding capabilities, Merci was an incredible force to be reckoned with.
 
However, right now, they had to focus on the mission at hand; to test the abilities of the Teen Titans.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
SailorStar9: One short prologue. I promise you guys longer chapters in the future.