Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Word Exchange ❯ Eclectic ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

*~Eclectic~*

It was cold...
She pushed a strand of hair out of the way of cat-like pink eyes and placed a hand on the door. A breath... She pushed it open, stepped inside, a momentary feeling of cold then warmth.
It was an odd place filled with an eclectic bunch of people. She let out another breath as she recognized a few out of the bunch: villains she'd met. It wasn't a welcoming place; it looked like a run down old building on the outside but everyone knew that nothing was what it looked like in Jump City. It was a meeting place for villians. Some were still in costume, some were only recognized by their stories.
She was too recognizable here.
She stepped back, turned around, pushed open the door...
"Jinx?"
She cringed. But the voice hadn't come from the crowd. He was before her, nearly unrecognizable, but she knew. They'd all grown up. It had been a few years since she'd walked out on the Hive Five and longer since she'd unofficially joined up with the Titans for a brief spell. But there he was, without the stupid giant eye in the middle of his face.
She was too recognizable.
She stepped back, trying to work her way away from the door, but it wasn't working.
He stepped towards her, reaching out to her, and almost instinctively she pushed him away, covering her face. And she ran.
It was cold...
----------
((For ferretgirl_1124 about Jinx.))