Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Love's a Sneaky B@$t@rd (an off-beat love story) ❯ Saying Goodbye ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Murasaki Rose
Email: jianu_dbz@hotmail.com, or murasaki_rose@dbzmail.com
Archive?: Go for it! Just let me know where so I can link to ya!

Title: Love's a Sneaky Bastard
Warnings: None so far
Rating: PG-13 (may change later on)
Series: DBZ/Tenchi crossover
Couples: G/R, V/B
Genre: AU - Action/Adventure, Romance

**********************

Prologue - Saying Goodbye

It was all for nothing. She'd sacrificed everything, risked her life for him, her pride, and her heart. All for nothing. He'd chosen *her* instead. So she left, simple as that. He was the only reason she'd remained on Chikyuu anyway.

"Mreorw?" the sweet, cat-like voice of her ship purred softly, the main crystal floating in front of her.

"I-I'm fine Ryo-ohki. Really. Just . . . just take us as far away as you can. Away from Chikyuu, away from Jurai, away from all of them."

"Meow!"

Raising her tear-stained face to the view screen, the once infamous space-pirate Ryoko watched as the blue planet she'd called home for so long shrunk in the distance. Tears streaming from her eyes, she raised a hand towards the screen, then let it fall limply to her side. "Sayonara, Tenchi-kun, my love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five hundred years later . . .

The flashing lights and blaring klaxon did nothing to help Son Goku as he frantically tried to find out what was going on without touching the wrong button. He'd barely gotten the tiny pod to start in time and even now couldn't remember the button he'd pressed. "WHAT'S GOING ON?!!," he screamed plaintively over the din and just like that, the noise stopped. Goku shook his head, his ears were ringing almost as loud as the alarms had been. "What was that all about?" he wondered aloud not expecting an answer.

"Attention. The ship will be entering an asteroid field in thirty seconds. Please change course." the computer's metallic voice announced.

"Oro?" Goku's head tipped to the side, "What's an asteroid?"

January 11, 2003

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: Here we go. I do not own any of the characters from Dragonball, Dragonball Z, or Dragonball GT. They are all the property of Akira Toriyama, Bird Studio, Toei Animation, and Funimation Inc. I also do not own any of the characters from Tenchi Muyo. They are the property of Pioneer, AIC, their creators, and probably some other people I don't know. However, all the other characters in my stories are mine. I'm not making any money off of this, its just for fun. And to top it off I'm a college student who works part-time at Wal-Mart so you know I don't have any money. So if you sue me you won't get anything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Love it? Hate it? Please let me know! Review and tell me what you think!