Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Saotome: OF STAR COMMAND! ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ranma Saotome: OF STAR-COMMAND!
 
Chapter Two
 
 
 
Chapter Two
Ranma extended his wings and was propelled into the air, where he barrel rolled to the right narrowly evading a salvo of plasma fire. He landed lightly a few paces in front of the Tangean king. “Stay with me, and I promise you'll be fine, Emperor Nova,” Ranma instructed as he trained his wrist blaster on the contingent of Hornets stacked in front of him.
“You would presume such a barbaric species as you are a part of would be better equipped to handle protecting me?”
Ranma ignored the long-winded speech in favor of battling Zurg's robot, besides the sounded just like Kuno.
As he fired two last blasts, he was rudely reminded of the emperor's location behind him. “I do say, Brute, protect my daughter, Mira! Well, what are you still doing here, when you should have already left?!” When Ranma took a more solid stance, the Emperor found himself growing angry. “Hurry and do your task, ape!”
Ranma grit his teeth, trying vigorously not to yell at the Tangean king, lest he drive a wedge between the Tangeans and the Galactic Alliance. Though he said nothing the, twisting and writhing blue aura outlining his body gave visible proof of what he thought of Nova's comments. “Please remain silent, Emperor Nova, or they may come here after you,” Ranma got out with a great deal of strain, an eye twitching and a few veins sprouting.
The Tangean stared in complete awe at the blue flame surrounding Captain Ranma, Buzz Lightyear's understudy; though if you asked him, Ranma was Mira's understudy. Nova extended his hand, a moment from touching a tendril as it rolled up the length of Ranma's back.
“KIJIN RAISHU DAN!” Ranma shouted and made several sweeping motions with his arms. To the average person it would seem like nothing had happened, but to Ki-adepts and those that could feel the air, Ranma had just thrown enormous vacuums of air from his bare hands.
The Tangean Royal Guard, the traitors that allowed the Hornets to reach Tangea in the first place, swiveled their heads in the direction of the voids as they approached, shredded and ripped apart the Hornets and their Nest, the carrier ship for Hornet armies.
#
After the Nest was deactivated by Ranma's vacuum blades it was more of clean up duty for the Space Rangers, as they quickly dismantled the remaining robots and apprehended the instigators. And, of course, with the danger averted, more teams arrived and hauled the defectors to a court station.
“Good job, team,” Buzz cheered, looking over four underlings. “That was some blaster work Ranma, but what was that that destroyed the Hornets' Nest?”
Ranma shuffled nervously, while he answered. “It think it was system error, you know badly the little grubs build their machinery.”
Lucky for Ranma only one person had seen him pull of the attack and he wasn't likely to go around praising any “apes”. With that point established… Buzz nodded, laughing humorously. “Don't I know it?”
#
Cue Zurg's theme music…
“Number 172,” Zurg roared, “Blast it, where is that Brain pod?”
“Evil Emperor Zurg, sir,” a small creature, similar in appearance to a cockroach, called n a grating high-pitched voice. He shuffled the stack of papers in his hands, awaiting Zurg's reply.
“Yes, Grub, what is it?” Zurg demanded with little patience.
“You ordered Brain pod, Number172 to be fed to the Wulrats of Curtan Prime, yesterday.”
“Oh… Well how about 147?”
“Eternal slave labor earlier today.”
Well, how about-“
“De-compiled for handing you a stack of paper that gave you a papercut.”
Zurg paused to look at his gloved robotic hand. “It was a nasty papercut too… Well, who's left?”
“Number 47,” the image shifts to show a brain pod repeatedly running into the same wall, apologizing for bumping into it. “And, 432. If I might make a suggestion?” Zurg nodded. “I think you should make more brain pods.”
“Hmm,” Zurg noised musing over the proposition. “I see your point,“ the last said when 432 began doing the exact same thing on another wall. “So I can't make clones from the old brain anymore, I'll just need a new one.”
Zurg rose from his throne and began to pace about mulling over his options. “I know, I'll lure Warp Darkmatter here and use his brain!”
“No can do, Evil Emperor Zurg, Warp`s contract expressly forbids you from taking any parts of his body and cloning them.”
Oh drab,” Zurg pouted, snapping his fingers in disappointment. “Let's see, I need a genius mind that can anticipate Buzz's actions, one that knows the ins and outs of Star Command HQ…”
“I heard that Buzz is training his replacement, a guy that got better scores than either Warp or Buzz,” one Grub gossiped with another.
“You heard about that two? Well, did you know this apprentice supposedly shot down a fleet of Hornets while walking several old ladies across a street?” the second commented, trying to spin a tale of greater heroics.
“I've got it,” Zurg exclaimed, thrusting his finger in the air, “I'll take Buzz's apprentice! WHAHA! WAHA! WAHAHAHA WAHAHAHAHAHA-“
“Eh hm,” the grub noised, gaining Zurg's attention.
“What is now? Can't you see that I'm gloating with maniacal laughter right now?” Zurg complained.
“I'm sorry Evil Emperor Zurg, but we have you down for gloating at three and maniacal laughter at four thirty.”
“Can't we pencil it in for right now?' Zurg inquired.
“Sorry, sir, but you already reached your maximum pencil-ins this morning.”
“Awww…” Sometimes it was tough being the E-vile Emperor of the galaxy…
 
 
 
Chapter Two
Ranma strafed to the right, where casually evaded a swarm of Hornet fire. These robotic heaps of scrap-metal were not even at Mousse's accuracy level.
When he had no glasses!
A short burst of ki from the tips of hands spelled the end of two blue Hornets. “Jeez,” Ranma gasped, “They suck at everything, but there's so many I'll run out of energy far before I beat them all…”
Ranam was cut short when he was forced to dive-roll down the length of the grand hall. In his wake the sound of a thousand blasters rang, shredding the once magnificent marble flooring, to nothing more than potholes and scorch marks.
Ranma came out of his roll with a flourish and landed lightly on his feet, both hands aimed at the single file group of assailants. “Hope this works, Ranma whispered. “DOUBLE MOKO TAKABISHA!”
#
Princess Mira and her chamber-maiden, Lucia, stared down in awe. Somehow and in someway, Mira had lucked out and blasted their attacker dead. Even now he was laying as a broken heap on the ground.
“Nice shooting, Princess Ranger Nova!” Lucia cheered with pride. Who would have ever guessed that the two girls' childhood past-times of pretending to be Space Rangers - complete with Tangean battle armor - would pay off?
Mira had a shocked look etched on her face. “No, it can't be…” she whispered, shaking her head to the negative and stepping back in disbelief.
“What's wrong Mira-dear?” Lucia questioned, watching her mistress with concern and confusion. Whatever it was that upset her was related to the man who attacked them.
A sudden flood of fear spread through Lucia's veins. Slowly, she turned to give the body an identifying look. `Oh, I hope it isn't him…' Lucia prayed, thinking of the Grounder that Mira once dated in her more rebellious days.
She flipped the dead body belly-up and gasp in complete shock…
#
Onboard the galactic destroy, L, a small, purple creature, reminiscent of an insect was having many misgivings about his task at hand.
His duty was to monitor all traffic in the Tangean system, which no real problem as the station would alert her to ay movement larger than a rock.
No, his issue was in the reporting. Ever since that stray sneeze earlier, Buzz had been on high-alert and blaster-happy, as the charred remains of his fellow Grubs could attest to.
On the monitor was the image of a hoverscooter, heading away from the planet on the side opposite to them. With a heavy heart, and the quickest reaction time to date, the Grub cleared his throat and dodged behind his console. “YAH!” he shrieked. That blast had nearly set his fanny on fire. “Buzz sir, movement detected on the Furthermost upper-edge of the planet.”
Buzz stood to his feet, expanded his wings and rocketed from his command bridge. He was itching for a real battle ever since that surprise attack he faced.
The one cleverly disguised as a sneeze, when he was in perfect health and the air was purified.
“Sneeze indeed. Sneeze indeed…”
#
Buzz alighted gingerly on the Tangean platform and blasted a hole to gain access to its interior.
“It's quiet, too quiet…” With instincts and skills unsurpassed by any other, Buzz dodged to the left, evading a sniper's fire by a fraction of a moment. Coming to a halt in a kneel, Buzz withdrew his favorite blaster rifle and returned fire, catching his stunned foe by surprise.
“Whoever that was, he was decent. Not good but definitely not bad. Maybe these Tangeans would be worth keeping as foot-soldiers… Nah!”
Buzz put away his weapon and began his trek into the deathly silent halls of the Tangean Royal Court. Things were going to become real exciting, real soon. He could feel it in his bones…
#
The sound of approaching blaster fire shook the two women from their stupor. How long had they been standing there in a daze? Minutes? Hours, days even?
Well, they could ponder that at a later time. Mira snatched the leg of the man she was betrothed to and dragged his body around the corner of the newly built door and began stripping him of his armor
“Wha-what are you doing Mira-dear?” Lucia asked with a rosy hue on her cheeks. This was not the time to start developing Necrophilia.
“Oh get your mind out of the gutter, Lucia! I'm going to wear his armor and sneak us out of here.” Mira answered, wearing a light blush herself. `Sheesh, sometimes that girl worries me!'
Lucia nodded and began testing her phasing ability; hoping that she would be able to do as Mira planned, which was to ride in her like a taxi.
The sound blaster fire grew silent, which did not bode well with the two girls. As long as they could hear it, they had the ability to tack movement, which wasn't always the case when they weren't firing.
“Hurry, Mira-dear,” Lucia urged in a singsong way that stated her worry.
“So that's why we couldn't phase through the wall!” Mira shouted, holding up a vile of yellow substance.
It took Lucia only a glimpse to know what was in the container. “Where did Lord Raul get his hands on Grounder blasting fluid?” Lucia questioned seriously. Ever since Mira's relationship was discovered going to the surface was a capitol offense., punishable by death.
Mira shrugged her dainty shoulders and threw the vial out her chamber window. “I don't know, but I'd be willing to bet he staged this entire assault plan.”
With the vial no longer affecting their powers, Mira was able to phase into the suit, skipping the need to pull it on and adjust it to her curves; and since it had a mask, no one would know who was within it until it was too late.
After giving a few test movements, to ensure it was properly fitted, Mira turned to her charge. “Well, what are you waiting for? Get in,” she chastised the young beauty.
The Upper Tangean girl took a page from apparitions and phased into the Princess's body and semi-solidified…
#
Ranma waved a hand in front of his face, trying his best to remove the thick debris choking his lungs.
“Man, maybe I overdid it a bit?” Ranma mused with a cocky smirk.
The Double Moko Takabisha had paid off with extra; destroying the machines and widening the hall, which was now offering access into all the Upper Tangean chambers.
Ranma stretched languidly, allowing the kinks in his joints to relax. “I wonder if there's any more robots around?” Ranma mused aloud and began walking off, in search of more robots to smash…
#
Buzz sat behind the throne chair, a blaster aimed the back of Ranma's head. He was impressed with whatever kind of blaster Ranma had and wanted it for himself.
Truly impressive, boy… Too bad you have to die now…” he whispered and pulled the trigger….
 
 
 
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)