Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance at ...Love! ❯ Past & Present ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer and Foreword: Tenchi Muyo! and its characters are copyrights and
trademarks of AIC, Pioneer, and whoever else may own the rights to it, so
please don't sue me (it's not like I have any money anyway :P). However, this
story is my original creation and is copyrighted by me. Please don't copy it and
claim it as your own. This fic is NOT part of my 2 other fic sagas so it won't share
it's story line with them. this fic is based on events after the Movie: "Tenchi Forever",
and the Tenchi Universe TV series. This is in a script format.

"A Second Chance at Love"

Chapter 2: Past & Present

(Note I: The POV changes from chapter to chapter, so bear with me here if it's a bit confusing ...
this is just the best way to tell this story! ^_^)

(Note II: The following chapters - until noted - are various characters from the story re-living what happened. In other words all this happened before the first chapter ... or in the past ... you get the point I hope!)

Flashback: begin one week earlier----------------------------- (I have to say that or I get confused ...)

The docking bay enlarged as the Yagami landed in it. Kiyone landed the ship as if on auto pilot. She was bringing Tenchi and Ryoko to Jurai to meet with the Empress Ayeka, her consort Sagami, and The Jurai Royal Council. She was not happy at the trip due to the fact that her friends were not happy at the reasons for coming to Jurai. Normally, they would be happy to visit Jurai, but now they (The Jurai Royal Council, and more specifically one Lord Rengo was trying to meddle in their personal lives and threatening Ayeka's position as Empress, and that they were not happy with.

As they three friends made their way through The Royal Palace accompanied by a small army of servants and guards,
The 1st Crown Prince and Princess of Jurai made it the the Throne Room of the Empress of Jurai.
As the formal greetings were exchanged, the group made their way to a conference room adjacent to the Throne room.

Then the real greetings and hugs were exchanged between Ayeka, Sagami, Ryoko, Tenchi, and Kiyone.
The they started to discuss the situation that brought them together.

Ayeka: I am so sorry you were forced to come here my friends, but I needed you here to help remedy this threat to the Royal families hold on the Throne.

Ryoko: We are here as your friends, and we will defend you , but I want to meet this Aristocratic pain in the ass Rengo and teach him he can't meddle in a person's personal life, even A former space pirate and her prince she then hugged Tenchi.

Tenchi: Honey (grabbing her hand softly) I agree. We are going to deal with this as best we can and keep Ayeka were she belongs.

Sagami: I agree, I cannot let racists like Rengo sway the council to force Jurian traditions on both of you!

Kiyone: I understand some of this, but can anyone tell me why they are forcing Tenchi to marry a 2nd wife?
Why Tenchi and why not let someone else do that?

Ayeka: Well, as Jurian Tradition and laws states, that the first Male heir, be he the Emperor, or First Prince must marry more than one wife to ensure that there would be more of a chance of a male offspring. Since Lord Tenchi is now the First Prince, he is being forced by the council and Rengo to marry a Jurian noblewoman so there will be a male heir who is either partially Jurian or mostly Jurian.

Kiyone: Why can't Sagami and you be forced to do this. No offense Ayeka, but you are the Empress, while Tenchi and Ryoko have said they won't rule Jurai. That's why you are Empress, right?

Ayeka: Yes, I am Empress, but I, not Sagami have the power, Sagami is my consort, so even if he did marry another wife....

Sagami: ....Which I'm not.......

Ayeka: .....yes darling(She smiled at her love), She would be technically a Princess, but never an Empress! If I died, or were incapacitated, neither Sagami, or the 2nd wife would rule, that would fall to Tenchi, since he's the male heir.

Kiyone: Oh... I see, so Rengo is trying to force himself by way of a 2nd wife, to some of the power and prestige of the Jurai Royal Family. I'll bet he has a sister, or daughter who would become eligible to being this 2nd wife, right?

Sagami: His daughter Brine would be one, though she isn't one to do this, one of my former crew mates on the battle tree ship I served on is her boyfriend, So she would be forced by her father to marry Tenchi.

Ryoko: I'd like to ring his scrawny neck! (Tenchi moves to hold and calm his wife down, she eventually does).

Tenchi: Now, remember what Washu said, no use of the powers, especially the explosive ones, just keep calm, or you might hurt the baby, OK?

Ryoko: (Patting her stomach, the smiles as she turns to Tenchi) All right my love, for you and our baby I'll not do anything ...... yet! (That is until after the birth, then just you wait Rengo!!)

Kiyone: So, how are we going to solve it?

Ayeka: We must find a loop hole in Jurian law to allow Tenchi and Ryoko to refuse this, .... but, of not, we need to find a friend who would enter into a paper marriage, for a time, until Rengo is not threat to us.

Kiyone: You mean a Fake marriage, but doesn't the woman have to be at least partially Jurian?

Tenchi: Well, we do have someone in mind, but see ... (a small pause) ... she doesn't know she is Jurian. Washu only this morning told me who she was and luckily she is a good friend. (Tenchi, and then the others slowly start looking at Kiyone. Kiyone seems oblivious to them as she continues to ask questions.)

Kiyone: But, doesn't the afore mentioned paper bride have to give proof of their love, physically?

Ryoko: Mom, I mean Washu has a way of making Doctored DNA, and she can make a sample for the council to believe.

Kiyone: That makes sense, and that would mean that the paper bride wouldn't have to have (Kiyone looks up to all who are staring at her?) ... hey what are all of you looking at me that way? (Then a realization sets in, and she makes a horrendous grimace)
Oh no, wait a minute, I ... I am the paper bride you guys want??? I am from Megami, I am not Jurian, so how could I be you choice?

(Then a view screen popped into existence, and Washu's image materialized)

Washu: Because My dear, your mother was Jurian, and a part of the Jurian nobility to boot! Aren't I the number one genius in the Universe for finding that out, she cackled!

Kiyone: What do you mean, Washu? Is Mom is a Jurian noble??

Washu: You are actually, the Duchess of Serine, a province of Planets, south The Planet Jurai.

Kiyone: But, ..... I was never told this. Why would she hide this from me (Now distraught,Kiyone was slowly shaking and her eyes were tearing up.)

Tenchi and Ryoko, nodded. They made their way to where Kiyone was sitting, they slowly soothed her with pats on the back from Tenchi, Ryoko Who took her hand in hers and squeezed it. She got her composure back.

Tenchi: We will fight this and will try to avoid this, but please Kiyone, we need to ask you to seriously consider this,
it wouldn't be too long and when the time comes, we can get an annulment, OK?

Kiyone stares at Tenchi, and Ryoko in disbelief!

Kiyone: (Still with the puzzled look, she answers) I will consider it, but I have to talk to my mother about this, OK!

Ayeka: Kiyone, can you wait until the council has finished considering the proposal, what ever the outcome?

Ryoko: We'd like to go with you, if anything for your moral support, you know like when we talked at the lake behind Tenchi's house when was it, ah ..... yeah 2 years ago, remember?

A Flashback:

Ryoko was at the end of the dock which jutted out into the lake, Ayeka and Ryoko had another fight over Tenchi, then Tenchi yelled at both of them. Ayeka ran up to her room, with Tenchi following, while seeing this, Ryoko teleported to the lake's dock.
Kiyone saw this and walked towards Ryoko to talk to her. She found Ryoko, slowly and quietly crying. She slowly sat down and put her hand on the ex-pirate's shoulder.

Kiyone: Hey, and no I'm not Tenchi, but you need to know something Ryoko! (She tried to teleported out, but stopped when she looked into Kiyone's eyes, the look of concern stooped her from leaving)

Ryoko: Why did he go after her, he must like her more than me Kiyone? (Ryoko then let go of her emotions and slowly sobbed putting her head on Kiyone's Lap, with Kiyone stroking her hair trying to calm her down, at least this worked in the many times Mihoshi had broken down crying as well.)

Kiyone: Well, I just think he always does this, because most of the fights do usually start with you making Ayeka angry, you know pushing her buttons, and so he goes to her first. (Then after a short pause) I doesn't mean he cares for you any less, (Kiyone looks at Ryoko's eyes like a comforting sister.) just that this has gotten so typical, that he does this by force of habit, That's all!

Ryoko: (Thinking about it, she starts to let Kiyone's words sink in, and becomes calmer, though not smiling) I have to find a way of showing Tenchi That I truly love him!

Kiyone: Well I think that there are 3 things you can change to help him notice you. Do you want to hear them?

Ryoko: (Looking at her friend with concern, she finally knodded yes).

Kiyone: First, don't constantly glomp on him or badger him. Give him some space, you know when he wakes up, you could be in the room, just not floating 2 inches from his face. Do you understand? (Ryoko nodded yes) Good.
Second, volunteer to do some chores, especially ones you hate doing, this will definitely make him notice, it will show that you want to be more responsible.
And finally, be honest, and you know what I know about honesty. I mean tell him how you feel, verbally, in a poem, something to show you are sincere. This will force him to look at you in a new way, you see it now? Ryoko's face lit up like a christmas tree? She hugged her friend and said:

Ryoko: Thank you for helping me, I'll never forget this Kiyone. She then flew off towards the house!

(*EndFlash back)

Remembering what had happened at the dock, Kiyone knew that was the catalist that started Tenchi's falling in love with Ryoko. Ryoko took Kiyone's advice and they were married one year later.

Kiyone: So, now you want me to help again,....... well I will let you know after I see my mom, fair enough?

All of them knodded yes!

Chapter 3 reveals Kiyone's Mother' secrets, A deadly conspiracy, & true friendship

Bye all, hope you can be patient Now!