Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Advent of Washu ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*I am nothing, therefore I can possess nothing.*

Pioneer AIC is the owner of Tenchi Muyo. I created only these writings and the original characters.

R&R may be sent to cgrundhofer@fanfiction.net

The Advent of Washu

A Tenchi Muyo FanFiction

C. Alan Grundhofer

The Advent of Washu:

The vastness of the space was eternal, for here all the knowledge of the ages was gathered. It was a space known to only a few, visited upon by still fewer. It's glory was complete and terrible, awe-inspiring and beautiful, it's very existence an enigma wrapped within a quandry, guarded by ignorance and secrecy.

"Kain."

The word passed from one infinite end of the space to the other, and the spite that it carried caused all it touched to shudder.

"Wrath and hate can blind the sharpest hawk."

In the center of the space, in the spot where all the knowledge and glory contained here met as one, was a room. It was not a very large room, as one would figure from the vastness of the surroundings, but it was here that all was decided. It was here that all things were.

"Add to these two evil's impatience and stupidity, and I give to you..."

For it was here that Tokimi could be found.

"...Kain."

At the end of the room, the ghostlike bust of a venerable, bearded man filled the wall, and behind him could be seen the vastness of the universe.

"I speak his name, and I cannot contain my anger." The bearded man appeared to speak these words. Though his mouth did not move, his eyes betrayed his emotions.

A second voice, gentler yet no less powerful, replied, "You despise Kain for his anger and thirst for revenge, yet in doing so open yourself to that which ultimately destroyed him."

His eyes smiled. "You are quick to judge, Lady. I do not despise Kain, though none more deserving of spite do I know. No, Lady, I despise his actions, for they have caused me much grief."

"His actions were that of a defeated and desperate man, D3. He could not tolerate the shame of defeat."

"Desperation leads to foolishness. It was idiotic to go running straight to the only power that could destroy him. Because of him, the boy is wiser and more powerful, and we have lost a willing and obediant servant."

"The boy does not worry me greatly. Tsunami's power can only go so far with him. As for Clay, his loss is of little concern. His incompetence at losing Washu is forgiven in revealing the boy's power. His death in the G.P. headquarters explosion is acceptable. He was of no further use."

"As long as Washu remains with the boy, things will be difficult."

"Only so long as we wish to remain hidden."

"You have plans, My Lady?"

"I do."

"Very well."