Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ As Time Flies ❯ The Dream ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Where am I? I seem to be wandering, undisturbed, unharmed, yet lost. My head is constantly spinning, while I am standing still, on the spinning world around me. Darkness wraps me in its thick black blanket and allows no light. Even though I cannot see, I feel the sensation of flying. Below me, the world continues to spin; above me, the darkness continues to confuse my eyes. I hope I don't fall, because I want to continue to soar higher and away from my troubles…

CRASH.

"YAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" White light blinds me as I quickly shut my eyes.

"Stupid bed…need bigger bed…" I stumbled out of the tangled sheets and blankets and found my self face to face with the big eyed, purple haired Aeka.

"You can go away now." I mumbled.

"You can stop falling out of your bed now, Ryoko. What's with you always falling out of bed?"

"Go away."

"Oh, I found something of yours…it was under the table, and I…" Aeka broke off, as I made my eyes return to focus in the bright light.

"Hey! You can give that back now! That's my skateboard!" I quickly grabbed my precious black skateboard, which I had just repainted blue and yellow flames on the bottom of, and still smelled strongly of paint.

"Better go and find Tenchi before I take him away, Aeka." I said smartly, and with that, Aeka, with a startled look on her face, quickly ran off, most likely looking for Tenchi.

Yawning, I dropped to my hands and knees in search of something to wear. I skimmed my eyes across my floor, which had now turned into a VERY deep ocean of big t-shirts, baggy jeans, magazines, and a few dried up rice cakes to add to the pleasant decorations on the floor. I randomly grabbed a shirt and a pair of jeans. I found my shoes a lot quicker than I usually should have, having had landed on them when I fell out of bed.

As I ran out and down the hall with my skateboard under my arm, I thought, Why do I always have the same dream that makes me fall out of bed? I recall always having a flying dream, where I seem to be still, while the world spins around me.

As I rounded the corner, I suddenly stopped. What my eyes saw stunned me so much I couldn't even scream. Slowly I found myself in the same blackness of my dream. Oh great, another dream now? Yet it couldn't be a dream…what I saw just a few seconds ago, I was hoping, would prove that this was not a dream.