Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ As Time Flies ❯ An Unexpected Visitor ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Paralyzed, I was vigorously rolling my eyes up and down trying to get them to focus again on what I just saw. No use…the more I tried to refocus my eyes, the faster the world seemed to spin around me. Then, so suddenly, I felt my body start to lift from the solid ground that I would have felt much safer upon. As I started to lift higher and higher, and began to soar through pitch darkness, my mind somehow changed. As I soared through darkness, I heard a faint whisper from far away. At first, I couldn't make out any of the words, but gradually, the whispering grew more enunciated, and the words were clearer.

No worries and no fears…

A place of peace is very near…

My ears were now ringing with the vibrant whispering. My head filled with an echo of this whisper, as it seemed to be wiped free of all my worries. Now I wasn't concerned with this strange dream, my head, once clouded with thoughts of skateboarding, was totally emptied out. I felt as if I were gliding on a cloud in heaven, where nothing wrong would happen.

Ryoko…Ryoko!!!

I literally panicked when I heard my name.

What happened just then, I don't know. I felt my body jerk violently downward, pulling me down. Suddenly…CRASH!

"Ryoko?" Sprawled out on the floor, I quickly sat up and found Tenchi staring at me as if he were trying very hard to decipher my face. I looked passed him and found Mihoshi, Aeka, Kiyone, and Sasami also staring at me.

"Uh…hi…"

"Are you ok, Ryoko?" Tenchi asked in a voice that sounded very scared, as he helped me up.

"Arigatou. Uh…yeah…I'm fine." I realized that I was not carrying my skateboard and it was no where in sight.

"Hey, where's my skateboard? I was walking around the corner with it, and…" I suddenly remembered what I had seen.

"And what?" asked Sasami, as I slowly peeked around the corner to see if it was still there. To my surprise, it had remained in the exact same spot as when I spotted it earlier. Once again, I was completely stunned, and this time, I screamed. Everyone else rushed over to see what I had seen. Aeka turned white and screamed far louder than I had, and ran behind Tenchi, who had froze in his spot, and had also turned white. Kiyone's eyes grew to the size of ping pong balls, and she started muttering a soliloquy under her breath. Meanwhile, Mihoshi grabbed Sasami and ran out of the hall, apparently too frightened by the sight.

It was a small creature, with the deformed head of a human, covered in blood red scales, a body of a fat ermine, and a short, stubby tail also covered in red scales that ended in green flames. It stood about two feet tall, but with its deep, flaming, orange eyes, it was beyond frightening. It was only when it spoke, did Ryoko, Tenchi, and Aeka come out of their trances, Kiyone stop her soliloquy, and Mihoshi and Sasami return slowly into the hall.