Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ As Time Flies ❯ A History Lesson ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

As Tenchi, Aeka, Kiyone, Mihoshi, Sasami, and I gaped at the creature, it began to speak. Its voice was soft, which gave the feeling of drifting on a cloud, and gave me a chilly feeling, as I took this drifting feeling to concern. Yet at the same time its voice was stern, as if it were hiding something terrible about to happen.

"Ryoko must leave…" the chilling voice rang in my ears. It was talking very rapidly, as if it had much information to disclose, and did not wish to forget any of it, thus speaking very quickly.

"Grave danger, must leave this place…go to a place where she will be safe…time is running out…" Befuddled looks were passed among the six of us.

"Um…who are you?" I stammered. I shook violently even as Tenchi and Kiyone held my arms.

"My name is Ping Tao. Must hurry to get Ryoko to a safer place." Ping Tao now slowed down so that every word was audible. Seeing as everyone was still confused, Ping Tao gradually began to disclose the history behind everything.

"For many years, a young lady named Muo Li was widely known here in Tokyo, but she soon became very destructive. She threatened to kill many people, and later on, she threatened to find and kill her half sister.

"Her widowed mother was already married and had Muo Li, but one night was knocked unconscious by a man. Nine months later, she gave birth to another daughter. Muo Li's mother had no intentions of giving birth to two daughters, because she did not wish to miscalculate and give birth in the wrong years, for Muo Li was born in the year of the Tiger, and the second, born in the year of the Monkey. Tigers and monkeys are rivals, not only in the wild, but also for people born in the specific years. Due to this, the mother raised each separately, leaving Muo Li to a good friend of hers, and taking care of her second daughter.

"What the mother did not know, was that her friend, who was taking care to Muo Li, was an international spy and drug dealer to India and Pakistan. Her friend also had no intentions of raising any children, so she shipped Muo Li to Pakistan, where illegal drug dealers then raised her.

"By the time that Muo Li had learned of who she really was, and that her mother was in Japan taking care of a daughter who wasn't even her real daughter, she became angry and flew back to Tokyo. But when she reached Japan, her mother had passed away due to heart attack and Muo Li had no idea where her half sister was. So, she was widely known as "the girl who looks for her half sister". But suddenly, one day she disappeared, and the only trace left by her was in a restaurant, where she stuck her chopsticks in the center of her rice bowl, standing perfectly straight.

"Afterwards, people began to worry about her coming back and causing massive destruction. That time is here. She wants revenge on her mother for not taking care of her real daughter. Since her mother is dead, she will come seek revenge on her half sister, she will hunt her down, she will do anything to have revenge for the attention she should have had."

Confused, I asked, "What does this have to do with anything?"

Ping Tao looked at me and its stare felt like it was penetrating into my body.

"Do you know who that second daughter was, Ryoko?"

"Um…no." I slowly answered, while Ping Tao continued to stare at me and send chills up my spine.

"After the mother gave birth to her second daughter, and before she sent Muo Li to her friend, Muo Li overheard her mother always whispering what must be her half sister's name. That name, is Ryoko."

Ping Tao now looked around the hall at everyone else's petrified faces.

"Yes, you, Ryoko." I felt as if I was about to melt. My head started spinning, and I quickly squeezed my eyes shut. A vision of what Ping Tao just said played itself in my head. To calm myself, I told myself, how bad could my half sister hurt me? Surely she wouldn't have learned any witchcraft…

"You are wrong, Ryoko," Ping Tao's voice brought me back to reality.

"If you have the ability to fight with so much power, so does she." I suddenly recalled all the moments Tenchi and I fought back to back against many forces and used our own forces to win each fight.

"And you must know, that, with so much hatred and anger, she has already assembled her whole army, and they are well trained." Ping Tao added.

"So, you're saying that Ryoko must leave this place?" Tenchi asked.

"Yes, she will be safer off this planet."

"Where are we going to get big enough and strong enough forces to stand up to them?" Tenchi questioned, again. Suddenly, something hit my mind.

"Tenchi, I think I might be able to find some help."