Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ How Long is Forever ❯ The Chaos Within Me ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry for not updating, I wasn't sure if anyone was reading it or not, or it I should move it to Fan fic.net. No one seems to be reviewing so I could take that either way.

Well, I only have one more pre-written chapter after this one, and it'll go up soon enough. After that, I'd appreciate some feed back so I know if it would be worth finishing or not. It's tough being a second year college student after all!

*note* Fyi, Italics, or the <I> codes don't work, but they stand for thoughts! Onwards!

Ch: 3- The Chaos Within Me

I wanted to tell you I was ok,

But then I changed my mind.

I didn't want you to see me like this;

All torn up inside, this pain clear on my face.

I wanted you so much,

But that was the one thing

I wouldn't let myself have.

Minagi walked though the trees, in the red and black outfit befitting of space travel, her fingertips brushing against their hard trunks as she clutched the jug of liquor at her side. Her eyes were blank, yet they sparked with life every few seconds as if showing some sign of an internal struggle. The sound of a waterfall lured her farther from the drop off point, a call she couldn't ignore despite the whispers in her mind.

<I>"Why… why am I here?"<I>

"You will do this for me Minagi."

<I>"I don't want to, I want to go back to my ship!"<I>

"I'll make you do it…"

<I>"NO!"</I>

Her hands clasped over her ears as she ran thought the trees, her half shut eyes making it difficult for her to see exactly where she was going. All at once her feet lifted from the ground as she changed to flying to avoid the tedious task of guiding herself though the maze of the forest. The water sparkled before her in a light she'd never seen before. The flashing sunlight turned golden, pressing it's light against her face as she flew towards it.

<I>"You TRICKED me! I won't do it, you CAN'T make me!"</I>

"I can and I will…"

Minagi barely had time to catch her breath before she crashed into the water. Her limbs fought against the order to surface, her own will telling her she'd rather die than complete her task. He eyes gazed helplessly up at the surface, the sunlight sparkleing even underneath the water; another light she'd never see before. Her thrashing limbs struggled beneath the water until finally she surfaced. Minagi's blank eyes stared down at the water as she stood in the shallows after getting to shore. A smile crept to her face as her eyes cleared. She turned and flew up into a nearby tree as she clung to the jug.

"I'll be waiting… Ryoko."

<_< ^_^>_>

The forest was calming, even if it was quiet. Silence was usually a good thing, but if one was upset and ill it wasn't usually the best. Ryoko hovered a few feet off the ground, her eyes wandering about as if in waiting. Part of her wanted to go off and disappear into the endless maze of trees, yet the other part told her to wait… it wouldn't be long until Ryo-Ooki would come after her.

<I>"I may not like the little fur-ball sometimes, but whenever I'm upset she always comes looking."</I>

"Meow?"

Ryoko looked down at the ground, not at all surprised to see Ryo-Ooki looking up patiently at her. The cabbit twitched it's ears a bit, adjusting to the angle of the wind, then jumped up to Ryoko, climbing up her body to reach her shoulder. She smiled as the critter nuzzled her chin, feeling her rest her chin in the crook of her neck.

"I'm ok, don't worry."

<I>"Just a bit shaken up, that's all. Nothing's really wrong… except for I'm really starting to get depressed!"</I>

Ryoko placed a hand over Ryo-Ooki and flew off into the forest. Tress whizzed by her with the speed of bullets, their masses becoming blurred in her side vision. A worried squeek came from the cabbit as they moved farther and farther away from the house.

"Don't worry so much Ryo-Ooki, we won't be gone too long."

A light smile brushed her features as she landed a few miles into the woods on the edge of a mountain spring. A waterfall pounded the still waters beside her, the perfect sound to take one's thoughts away from her own problems and at the same time a sound to lead one deeper inside themselves. Her hand reached up towards a dangling tree branch and snapped a twig off. Ryoko poked Ryo-Ooki with the stick, who popped her head up with surprise, sniffed the twig and promptly bit the end off it.

"MRRROW!"

"I coulda TOLD you it wasn't a carrot!"

A lopsided grin broke out on Ryoko's face as she leaned up against a tree. Ryo-Ooki jumped down from her shoulder and started sniffing amongst the leaves for a sign of real food. Again her thoughts turned inwards, a feeling that turned the smile to a saddened frown as the wind blew her hair across her face, shadowing her eyes like a visor.

<I>"I'm here because I love you Tenchi, but back there you just DIDN'T CARE! You cared about Ayaka when she called you last night, yet you didn't give me a second glance until I was in pain. Tenchi…I AM in pain, but I just can't let you see it."</I>

Her hand reached back towards the tree, her fingers aimlessly scratching at the bark until a chunk came off into her waiting palm. Her eyes gazed up at the sky as it lit up blue between the branches of the leafy green treetops. Life was usually good, but when it was bad, it was bad. Ryoko brought her hands to her side, staring at the bark in her palm. Her thoughts moved on as she idly began to play with it.

<I>"My past… everyday I'm reminded of it. I came to you because you were the first one to show me what it felt like to be cared for… I don't want to lose that!"</I>

Her eyes trailed to Ryo-Ooki as she chased the leaves as the bark moved about her hands, scraping against her skin as she shaped it.

<I>"I call out to you for help, but if you won't always be there for me… why should I be here for you…"</I>

A sharp pain in her hand snapped her out of her thoughts. Blood colored her palm and the dagger shaped piece of bark resting in it. Her eyes widened in half amusement as she picked up the dagger and stuck it in the tree behind her, turning around to watch where it hit.

"My life is NOT something to be toyed with!"

"I most certainly agree with you Ryoko."

Ryoko spun around at the sound of the other voice, noticing a small twinge in the back of her head. She knew who it was by the sound of the voice before she even saw the familiar appearance. The person looked exactly like her except for the two darkly drawn marks on her cheeks…

"Minagi."

"Hello Ryoko, I happened to be on a visit to see how Tenchi and the gang were doing when I happened to see you fly off. Are you alright?"

The words were nice enough, but the tone gave no emotion. Ryoko stepped towards Minagi, a look of confusion in her eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine, but maybe I should ask about you… you don't seem much like yourself at the moment."

Minagi smiled at her in return, her hands rising up in a shrug as she stepped towards Ryoko and patted her shoulder.

"I suppose your having problems with Tenchi again, something bad happen?"

Ryoko blinked then followed Minagi's eyes to her bloody palm. The blood was already drying and the pain was already subsiding. She could see the small scar beneath the blood, a small knick but right near a vein, which had led to all the excess blood.

"Yeah you could say that."

Her tone implied the subject should be dropped, Minagi saw that clearly, yet as the silence went on as timid smile appeared on her face.

"Y'know, I don't think you two would work anyway… He's a mortal, doomed to die on this Earth in less than a century. YOU Ryoko are a DEMON, one who can live for over a Millennia. He'd be long dead before you even passed your prime. Why SHOULD you wait around for him where there's so many others more worthy of you?"

Ryoko pressed her hands against her chest as the words sunk in, not even caring if she got blood on her blue kimono. Her head spun as Minagi moved next to her, wrapping an arm around her in comfort.

"Don't get me wrong Ryoko, Tenchi is a nice guy, but he's just too dense! He wouldn't understand a woman such as yourself."

"NO, He…"

Tears fell down her cheeks as Ryoko looked over at Minagi. It was hard enough believing he didn't CARE, but saying she couldn't love him was incredible. Despite the odd tangle of feelings between them she usually pressed herself to forget them and `make up' with Tenchi the next time she saw him. Her emotions pressed up against one another, the betrayal, the anger, the disbelief… sadness and acceptance. She wasn't blind, nor ignorant. Tenchi had always pushed her away and seemed to be doing it more and more lately. Minagi grasped Ryoko's wounded hand and held it between her own; creating a heat that would help the wound heal.

"Ryoko… it's ok to be sad, he was your first love… you'll get over him. Here, I brought some liquor with me from one of the Zioid galaxy's. Have a drink then tell me if your feeling better."

Ryoko nodded and accepted the jug from Minagi as she regained both of her hands. The liquid was cool, almost as if it had been in a freezer before making it's way down to Earth with Minagi. She let a hand fall to her side as the liquor settled in her stomach. A warm feeling passed over her that started to prickle like icicles in her chest. Slowly she lowered the jug and wiped her mouth on the back of her sleeve.

"Feeling better Ryoko?"

"Yeah, thanks."

A strange look passed Minagi's eyes as Ryoko looked at her, a look that made shiver inside. The cold feeling inside was spreading; her feet and hands were already numb. Minagi smiled again, her eyes growing blank again.

"Forget about Tenchi Ryoko… cause soon you'll never be able to see him again."

Ryoko clenched the jug in her fists, her hands shaking in bitter rage.

"Why you SNEAKY LOW DOWN-!"

"Sorry Ryoko, but orders are orders… we had to get you out of the way so we could lure Tenchi and the others to us…"

"US? I'll give YOU and us!"

Her hand raised to hurl the jug at Minagi when a familiar Blue kanji letter appeared on the side.

"No… that's Dr. Clay's insignia… you can't be with HIM!"

Minagi only smiled in response, her eyes widening in an evil glare as she grasped the jug back from Ryoko and pulled her towards her.

"I am… and this time you won't get in the way Ryoko. We already know you can't be killed easily, but if we get you of the way, then it will be so much easier to take care of the rest."

Minagi tossed Ryoko over her shoulder, taking off into the air. A shrill cry sounded from somewhere behind them as Ryo-Ooki bounded after them as fast as she could run.

"Are you taking me back to Sojah?"

"No Ryoko, THAT would be way to predictable. I'm bringing you back to the house."

"Then you have no chance of succeeding if I the others about you plan!"

Ryoko saw the evil smirk on Minagi's face, felt the emptiness inside of her and understood at once why she had been suffering from those attacks.

<I>"Dammit… Dr. Clay has control of Minagi"</I>

"Oh Ryoko… you WON'T be telling ANYONE of ANYTHING!"