Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ One Touch From You ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
DISCLAIMER: I don't own the Tenchi Muyo! characters. I'm not making money off this story, so please don't sue me!

Sequel to, "Attraction."

Ryoko and Tenchi are married and now live in America. Ayeka is still in Japan, lonely and heartbroken. The new couple come back for a visit after 4 years and Ayeka feels more hurt than ever. Can Ryoko give her just one kiss?

As fate bring them together, Ayeka and Ryoko realize they mean much more to each other than they thought.

One Touch From You
By: CGS1988

Ayeka stared at the starry sky from the porch swing. She had nothing else better to do at 1:00 in the morning, she couldn't get to sleep.

Thoughts and images of Ryoko loomed in her head. She seemed so close, yet, she was so far away.

'Why couldn't you love me? Why didn't you see I was willing to do anything for you? Damn bitch.'

The back door, which was behind her, opened. Ayeka turned to see Sasami standing there, in her long, blue night gown.

"Sasami? What are you doing up so late?"

"What are YOU doing up so late?" Sasami's face went from a confused expression to an angry look.

"You know not to use that tone with me. Go back to sleep." Ayeka's voice was just above a whisper, but with a demanding sound.

"Ayeka, you can't be moping around here like the world is going to end! I know Ryoko..." Sasami trailed off, she didn't know how to end the sentance. She didn't want to hurt Ayeka's feelings.

"Sasami, I know want you're trying to do. But please just go back to bed!" Ayeka was almost begging. Tears were swelling in her eyes and she didn't want her young sister to see her in such a state.

"No, I want to talk to you," Sasami said, sitting on the porch swing next to her big sister.

Ayeka's eyes fell to the ground, sadness and confusion running through her veins.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asked, already knowing the answer.

"You know what. Ayeka, Ryoko was in love with Tenchi. She didn't marry him just to hurt you, you know that. I hate to see you like this, and besides, they're coming to visit tomorrow," Sasami explained.

Ayeka's eyes went wide. "Who!?"

"Ryoko and Tenchi, of course. They're going to stay for the weekend." Sasami gave her a warm smile and pulled Ayeka into the house.

~~~~~~~~~

Morning came slow for Ayeka. She couldn't get to sleep while knowing the one she loved was visiting her the next morning with her husband. But it did come, eventually.

They arrived in the late afternoon.

"Ryoko! Honey! I'm so happy to see you. Tenchi, have you been taking care of my little girl?" Washu exclaimed as her daughter walked into the house, holding Tenchi's hand.

"Yes I have, Miss Washu," Tenchi giggled.

"Hi, Mom! Sasami! You look like you've grown a lot! Tenchi, can you take a picture of me and Sasami?" Ryoko's face exploded into smiles as she handed her husband a camera.

Ayeka cocked her head to a side, wondering who this girl was. This wasn't the same Ryoko, Tenchi changed her. Being married must have gotten to her head. Ayeka still felt that she was her only love.

"Ayeka." The princess turned in the direction of the voice: right in front of her. It was Ryoko, who was smiling warmly.

"R-ryoko. It's been a while," Ayeka answered, a starnge smile on her face.

The smile made Ryoko uncomfortable, Ayeka could see it, but she forced a smile anyway.

"How's America?" Ayeka asked.

"Oh, it's great. The first year was hard, but we found a place to live and it's wonderful now."

"How is it back here?" Tenchi suddenly asked. "Anything happen while we were gone?"

He wasn't smiling, he didn't have a cheerful tone in his voice, either. He sounded like a robot. Well, he knew what happend between his wife and Ayeka before they got married. And he was staring at Ayeka like a lion about to attack. He was obviously very protective.

Sasami answered for him, not wanting things to go bad the first day the couple was there.
"Um, no, nothing really happened here. How about lunch? Anybody hungry?"

Washu, Tenchi, and Ryoko nodded and followed Sasami into the kitchen.

Ayeka stood in the middle of the living room for a few minutes, still trying not to cry. She had promised herself the night before she wouldn't let anyone see her with tears in her eyes, but it was hard for her.

~~~~~~~~~

Ayeka stayed up late that night, tossing and turning in her bed. She looked across the room to see Sasami sleeping restlessly. Everybody was asleep.

She got out of bed, left the room, and went into Ryoko's room. Tenchi said he was going to sleep in the living room so he could stay up and watch television for a while. Ryoko was in his old room.

Ayeka slowly closed her door behind her and sat in a chair next to the bed. She stared at her love, wanting to hold her so much.

She leaned forward, ready to taste those lucious lips, when Ryoko's eyes opened. She pulled back, standing up out of pure embarrassment.

"Ayeka? W-what are you doing?" Ryoko gasped. Her eyes filled with shock, even though she already knew what Ayeka wanted.

"Isn't it obvious? I was trying to kiss you. That's all I want, Ryoko, just one kiss."

"Damn it, Ayeka, I'm married! I can't go around kissing girls who had a little crush on me so long ago," Ryoko was now standing on the oppositte side of the bed, facing Ayeka.

"It wasn't a crush then. And it's not a crush now. I really love you. Hell, you've been gone for 4 years and I could've gone on so many dates, I could've met a wonderful person who wanted to be with me too, but I didn't. I stayed alone, just for you! And I'm doing this for you!" Ayeka was crying, making Ryoko feel so horribly bad.

It was true, Ayeka was able to do so many things but she waited for Ryoko. She wasted her time, and for that Ryoko felt terrible.

"I'm sorry, Ayeka. I told you we could be best friends. I really want that. I can't say I love you, when I don't. I'm married. I can't do this."

"I understand, I guess. But, can I ask you something?" Ayeka asked, smiling warmly.

"Anything," Ryoko answered, relieved Ayeka finally understood.

"Can I have just one kiss?" Ryoko's face flushed.

"Ayeka, I-"

"I know, you're married. But one kiss, please...." Ayeka walked around the bed and stood next to Ryoko, putting her hands on her shoulders.

"Okay. You won't tell anyone, will you? And just to let you know, this isn't going to change anything between Tenchi and I. And I still have feelings for him, well, of course I do, I'm his wife! And this isn't going to be an every-night thing. And I'm not going to enjoy this the way you will, so don't get any ideas. And-"

Ayeka stopped her from talking by placing her lips on hers. Ryoko suddenly felt her tightened muscles relax, and she felt so excited suddenly.

She pulled away, becoming nervous.

"Ayeka, I don't know-"

"You promised, Ryoko. Don't break your promise," Ayeka said. Ryoko nodded and they kissed again, so passionately.

After a few seconds Ryoko pulled away again. "Okay, I gave you your kiss. Go back to sleep."

Ayeka nodded and left the room, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~

The next day was so uncomfortble for Ryoko. She couldn't stand being in the same room as Ayeka, becuase the feeling of the kiss would come back to her.

For some reason unknown, Ryoko memorized everything about the kiss. The taste, how long it was, everything.

She was sitting in the living room, just staring at the floor, when Ayeka sat next to her.

"Hello Ryoko."

"Oh, hi."

"You know, I've been thinking."

"About what?"

"We shouldn't let last night be the last of our relatioship."

"Ayeka, we don't have a relationship like that! We never did!" Ryoko yelled. She was lucky, becuase everybody else was still sleeping. It was 7:00a.m. She also woke Tenchi up when she awoke and told him to go in his old room to get back to sleep. He did and she was the first one up until Ayeka came downstairs.

"Yes we do. I know you enjoyed that kiss. I know I did." Ryoko frowned, got up, and headed into the kitchen to get something to eat.

Thoughts ran through her head, confusing her. 'What if she's right? What if I did enjoy that kiss? No, I just did it so she'd go away. That's all.'

"Ryoko, stop playing these fucking games with me. You know as well as I do that you shouldn't be with Tenchi," Ayeka had followed her into the kitchen, sitting down at the table.

"That's it, I can't handle you acting like this any longer, Ayeka." Ryoko's hand raised and she slapped Ayeka. The shocked princess jumped back, tears swelling in her eyes.

"All I ever wanted was you." With that, she turned around, and ran as fast as she could upstairs to her room.

Ryoko couldn't believe what she had just done. She knew what it felt like to be rejected, she knew what it felt like to be hurt. And she definately knew what it felt like to be slapped. Tenchi had done it to her a long time ago, but she vowed never to do that to anyone else. It hurt.

Letting guilt get the best of her, Ryoko followed Ayeka, running quietly so she wouldn't wake anybody up.

"Ayeka?" she whispered, slowly shutting the pirncess's door behind her. She saw Sasami sleeping soundly in her bed. Walking so she wouldn't wake her up, Ryoko moved over to Ayeka, who was sitting on her bed.

"Go away, Ryoko." Ryoko ignored her request and sat next to her.

"Listen, I didn't mean to hit you. I didn't mean to hurt you, either. I just can't explain what I want right now. I think I'm still in love with Tenchi, but then we came back here and you kissed me and-I don't know."

Ayeka nodded and faced Ryoko, smiling. "I love you."

Ryoko didn't know what to say. She didn't want to turn Ayeka down again, that would only hurt her. And she didn't want to leave Tenchi like this. But, something came over her, and she leaned forward, kissing Ayeka.

Ayeka returned the kiss, her eyes lighting up and every part of her relaxing. Ryoko felt the same way.

It was strange, as Ayeka wrapped her arms around Ryoko and pulled her close, the pirate didn't protest. At one time, Ryoko would pull away and claim to be in love with Tenchi. Now, she was feeling things she shouldn't for Ayeka. But she went along with Ayeka, holding her close.

The two remained kissing so long, Sasami woke up, and was shocked to no ends.

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!?"

_____________________________

Okay, thanks for reading. Please, if you have flames, keep them to yourselves. ! ^_^ !