Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tenchi Muyo OVA4: The Choushin Legacy ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
Before light there was darkness and before that was the absence of both.
A period where time held no meaning because nothing lived or at least anything that appreciated the concept of it existed. The universe was dead or denied the right to exist by one that paradoxically governed it. And had anyone who lived under the concept of time were to observe this struggle then they would learn just how great a time this period was because nothing existed or could be renewed into a more favourable.
It is hard to believe for many but to the few and the bold that question their unique status in the universe then they would know or dare to venture to propose that there was a life before that of the great bang, where there was life before their time.
A time when great galaxies and civilisations were born and spread out across the cosmos just the current universe of now but over time like all things they gradually passed away, moved on or died altogether. Its overseers knew their days were to come but one grew to like it, enjoyed the peace of the sterile universe where all galaxies had travelled out so far they had separated from themselves so much that the light amongst the dark began to dim. In time the stars themselves dimmed and died, planets were either knocked off their orbits by the gravitational changes becoming frozen rocks in space or charred when their suns expanded to become dwarf stars and consumed everything by their size or destroyed everything with their heat. This was the final breath of the old universe. The points to where the cycle must begin again or let the universe linger in this state of decay.
It was when the absence of all existence came into effect and moments before the overseers were to renew existence when that one overseer, the one who preferred the decay and absence of existence, turned against hid fellow overseers and murdered them, consumed their powers and brought about a even greater peace by denying the renewal of creation entirely. A peace where all existence but his was denied, his reason was simple; he simply despised all others but himself. And for a long time nothing happened, nothing existed until the bang.
If there was any truth in the old saying that everything ends to begin again, then the truth of the great bang was that the existence and life of the universe would not be denied, that it will see an end to the overseer just so it can live again.
The darkness came first, then the eruption of light where finally darkness and light coloured the existence once more and became space and the stars once more. Life was yet to follow and the ancient tyrant was intent to stop it all. Like a forest, the best way to destroy all life there was to burn it and at once the universe was on fire, the universe will have no second chance to the overseer his narrow mind allowed only one outcome, only he had the right to exist.
In the heart of Eden (In a metaphorical sense for better understanding) The fire of destruction had spread itself to the heart of creation threatening to wipe out its rebirth but three beings were there to ensure that the great bang would lead to the great restoration. Two were young and childlike who were yet to become adults and unleash their potential. The other was taller and much older. She being the only adult of the three emphasised the defiance, the force and anger of the old universe now reborn into back into. She was the force that echoed on after the quake.
There was to be no mercy from the overseer, he would show the price of defiance, he proclaimed them to be a monstrosity, which if anything were simply manifestations, spirits of the universe he had tried to deny. The one, who was chaos and creator, ensured her younger siblings safety by stepping in front of them to challenge the overseer. The two younger siblings despite their fear were still brazen enough to accuse it, the one that appeared the most mystical glared at the overseer accusing it of being nothing more then a beast. The youngest in sharp red hair to which at the front showed a slight crown of the ends to show a near crablike look condemned it and proclaimed the creature to be a fool that it lacked to appreciate or care that the universe should had been born long ago and had much to offer where he not so selfish and arrogant of his own well being. Her arguments lacked the emotional impact of her arguments but produced more weight in her constructive condemning of the failed overseer.
The overseer scoffed at those claims not knowing that his own arrogance was adding weight to their point. The overseer had tolerated their existence long enough and came in to kill, its strength, claws and teeth were its weapons, its power from the overseers of old he had consumed lay within him till. He thought it was enough until the woman drew out a long line of light, manifestating itself to a fashion of a sword.
The woman of chaos and creation took precise aim with her blade and the through the overseer's arrogance feel victim to the first blow, a blow that made its skin burn. For the first time he felt pain, the quality of what made the blade was unlike anything he felt before but it didn't stop him from fighting using its speed and the powers from the blood of those he spilt made him a formidable enemy to the lady of chaos.
Their battle over the right and denial of creation was not without blood, both traded blows that were both bloody and costly. His powers edged her but nothing could keep the woman down, his anger was nothing compared to hers, she was the chaos, the fury of the universe. The very motion and aftershock of creation in force, a wave of power that even the overseer could not defy and seemed ultimately he would slide towards his demise. Every strike the woman made weakened the beast, drained its power, lessened it, and slowly scratched it of the face of existence at one stroke at a time. The overseer finally realised he could not win, it fled. The woman's chase was long but finally the wounds of the overseer weakened it to the point where it could no longer win and the woman sliced past him letting him fall in the wake of creation that trailed behind her. Eventually the woman herself stopped her rage finally at an end and saw she had expanded the new creation further than intended. So long had the pursuit been that her two other sisters had grown of age and the universe she ignited had burned down and settled. She had pursued for so long that her younger sisters had come of age. Returning o the heart of creation she saw her expansion of chaos had given birth to settlement of civilisations, there was order and formation amongst the stars.
The fury of her was nearly utterly spent but there was still enough fury in her when needed, even when her other two had laid out the existence of life in the created universe had she let out her wake now and then before ultimately putting to rest her anger altogether. Despite her new role as creator, her old reputation and the legacy of he power was enough was enough to earn her the name that many mystical and scientific of civilisations would come to call and recognise her as: Tsunami. No more so then Jurai, the only race she blessed in her years as creator.
As for the other two goddesses, it was their intention to ensure that life won't just prosper but that each civilisation would know of this old terror and imbed vague understanding of its evil and depict it in their own eyes so long as the message was clear. That the universe was cursed before it was born and that nothing can stop the wheel of change. The message of this ideal imbedded in multiple civilisations across the stars was interpret it in two ways, in science and superstition. It was however the supernatural element that made the old tale very clear, and like all faiths gave this thing a name, some gave it a name intended to be mocked others gave it a name so it should be feared. One thing was clear, that everyone including the Choushin they believed it to be dead, an old fable with no purpose in a universe that was flourishing in life. Even when the counter-actor been and came causing havoc and when Tenchi was near death did the universe live on, the incident erased from memory even. Only a few had recollection of that event.
Including the old one.
The one, whose existence was erased not by a god, but by time itself, He had remained quiet, observant, patient, tolerating the filth that polluted his existence, he was the old one, the failure of the goddesses legacy, a failure on their behalf for he still lived and as long as he lived they were the invaders who destroyed his `peace' he was close to his accomplishment, he should had been troubled by the stopping of the counter-actor but in fact he was more pleased. The young soul that stopped it at one point could not be stopped himself. If used well he would be perfect for everything, it was what made Fenrir smile, and he would murder the three once more and by doing so retake what was his and only then would the great peace be in place once more.
Afterall, everything ends to begin again.
 
 
Tenchi Muyo OVA4: The Choushin Legacy
AN: This is different of me to do because I haven't really incorporated mythology before in my works but why Fenrir? I choose him because of all the mythological and religious monsters in creation, Fenrir has been the one that fascinated me the most, powerful and feared even by the gods. I didn't want to go clichéd and pick the devil, after all nearly EVERYONE has faced the devil and pretty much beaten him! The Devil was predestined to lose; Fenrir was at least predestined to win so he gets my respect. Fenrir has character and history, his history certainly fits with the plot layout I was having for this story before looking him up. Besides, admit It you enjoyed having that mental image of Tsunami yielding a materialised light hawk sword against the wolf itself!
The story chapter as you note has taken the nature and elements of the three goddesses a bit more literal especially (Tsunami if you give consideration to the name then you'll understand why I label her as chaos and creator) The idea of Fenrir asserting his own existence over all others and denying the right to exist is similar to the `One being' mythology by Coronus in Greek Mythology. Belief of a `one being' was also mentioned in Chinese mythology apparently. The use of Eden was more symbolic then Christian purposes. Everything else is pretty much Tenchi. Ultimately the story is my own improvisation of a Tenchi Muyo OVA 4 if such ever came to being. This work simply bases itself on the series and does not claim any ownership of the show's characters.