Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tenchi Muyo: Tenshi Ryoko ❯ #3: A Quiet Summer. ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Someone recently commented on this fic. The chance are you may be reading this "New Chapter". And if you find this fic in another way, well welcome! The truth is, that I've got a lot further than here in the fanfic, just I do not like Media Minner any more. It never leaves me logged in any more, making me log in constantly. I had a lot of grief to upload this very chapter even. So You can read the rest so far of this fic, and my other fics, here|: http://pub19.ezboard.com/ftenchimuyo79943frm134

And if you want to comment on them, and do not want to register there, well you could still post them here, and I will get an email informing me of the comment.

And another thing I don't like about Media Minner is that I can't see a single picture right now, thought that might be something to do with XP and it's nuclear firewall.

Tenchi Sighed. He looked round the shrine. There had been nothing heard from Ryoko all year, since she disappeared. His first year had ended. He had done well in the exams, thankfully the lecturers had been kind enough to ignore the various Ryokos all over his exam sheets. He was top of his class. He had had a few dates, hoping to be able to forget about Ryoko, or at least be able to continue his life. But although the girls had all been nice, and he was still great friends with them all, they all saw he needed Ryoko. Everyone at school had tried to help Tenchi. But still he really missed her. Tenchi looked at the photo of her in his hand. It was the one they found in the clearing. It was the only photo left in the house, the others were plastered on the walls of his room at his apartment.
Ayeka looked around, and finally spotted him. She walked over to him, and sat down.
"If it helps, I really miss her too. We all do."
Tenchi turned slightly to look at her.
"Yeah, but you didn't cause this."
"What? I am as much to blame as you, I was the one who harassed you for the answer! If I hadn't done that, you would not of said it in the first place, and she would be happily here."
Ayeka then buried her head in her lap and cried. Tenchi looked at her.
"It's true what they say…"
"What, ^sniff^ do they, ^sniff^ say?"
"You never really know what you have, till it's gone."
"Yeah. That is certainly true."
They both stared out, over the stair leading to the shrine. Ayeka would of thought, that she would of loved this chance, and would of taken full advantage of it. Instead she didn't. She still cared deeply for Tenchi, but now it felt more like a family love. It was a family, with one of its members missing. They all longed for her return. But by now, they had given up almost all hope of this event.
She noticed the photos in his hand. She remembered that time. She had been going round that place looking for Tenchi, when he had walked out of the photo booth, with a bright red Ryoko. It had made her wonder what they had done in there. She started to ask them,when Sasami had excitedly pointed out that the photos were ready, and took them. Ayeka paniced, thinking they had been up to no good, but Sasami first giggled a little, then burst out laughing when her eyes reached the last photo. Laughing, she had handed Ayeka the photos. Ryoko had tried to get them back, but Ayeka managed to keep them to get a look. The look of total surprise and shyness on Ryoko's face, with Tenchi kissing her cheek, was one which was such a strange mixof mirth and cuteness, Ayeka burst out laughing. Ryoko had acted really embaressed, and almost upset but then Tenchi grabbed Ayeka and kissed her, and she went bright too. Ryoko laughed a little revenge, but Ayeka pointed out she has gone more red. But Ryoko argued this meant she loved Tenchi more. When they got home, they had all had a good laugh. Ryoko seemed to have always had such things happen to her, or around her. Tenchi also to some extent, but now Ryoko was gone, they seemed to have stopped. She stared outwards again.
Ryo Ohki hopped up the stairs, and jumped on Tenchi's shoulder. Tenchi smiled. Ryo Ohki looked to be missing her mistress too, but was still able to keep happy most of the time. Now and then, when the moon was full, she took to crying at it, sorrowfully. But the next morning, she would be bright as rain. But still sometimes she seemed to sag due to her sadness.
"Hello ol' girl. Time for tea is it? We'll be right there."
The cabbit pricked up, and hopped off excitedly, towards the house again. Tenchi wasn't sure how, but now he seemed to be able to understand Ryo Ohki.
Tenchi and Ayeka walked back. As they past the gates, they past Azaka and Kamidake. They looked bored. Since Ryoko had left, things had been way too quiet. They liked peace as much as the next guy, but this, they thought, was ridiculous! As Ayeka past, they dazedly got up, and followed.
As they entered, Sasami turned round.
"Hello Tenchi.. Hello Ayeka."
"Hello Sasami. What's for dinner? Smells good!"
"Carrot Lasguna!"
"Ah… Bet you're excited Ryo Ohki…"
"Meeeow meow!"
They sat. They eat in silience, with not much to talk about.
"^Sigh^ Sometimes I wish someone would Attack! And save us from this boredom…"
The others laughed a little. They all laughed a little. They all laughed. Then they stopped.

And so, each day continued like the last. Sometimes a friend would visit. But this was only really good the first visit, and the Guardians made them jump as they greeted them. But the second time, things went the same as any other day, but with one more person to endure it. A few times they went to the city, but they seemed lifeless, and they could not help but think of how Ryoko would of loved to be there. That photo booth was one spot inparticular that sparked up joy and saddnes in Tenchi and his friends. Soon the Summer was coming to an end, to a similar end as it's start. Tenchi would soon be back at college, but feeling none the better. But at least the work took his mind off her a little. Tenchi looked forward to it.

"So Tenchi. Any word?"
"No. Amagasaki, I feel depressed. It has been one whole year now."
"Well I can't help I'm afraid."
Tenchi and Amagasaki walked to their first lecture of the second year. Tenchi had thought he would feel better, but no such luck. Amagasaki suddenly remembered something.
"Oh Tenchi! I just remembered! I heard there's a new girl coming into our year, that myerious girl, who is suffering Amnesia! Heard she is meant to be super smart, and A Super Babe! Maybe she'll take your mind off Ryoko. Even if she doesn't, you'll have to battle hard now to stay top of the class, as even though she has no memory, she has super smarts! Hear she aced the exams we took last Summer, even beat most of your scores!"
"^sigh^ It will be nice to see a new girl here, but I doubt she will take my mind off Ryoko."
"Look Tenchi, would Ryoko want you to moop around for her all the time? I think not! So live and let live! How do you know Ryoko already doesn't have a new boyfriend?"
"Maybe you're right, but I still feeling like mooping for now."
They took their seats. The Lecturer stood at the front talking about the new student, about her achievements, about her myterious past, or what was known about it. Tenchi stared into space, seeing nothing. Eventurally he called her in. Suddenly there were gasps all round. Tenchi thought to himself that this girl can't be That attractive, to cause this much distribence.
"Er… Tenchi… I think you should have a look."
"^Groan^ Amagasaki, I don't think she can be that beautiful…"
"Tenchi, Just look!"
Tenchi look confused at Yuri, and was about to reply, when he noticed his first doodle of the year, a Happy Ryoko in a school uniform, and it was waving at him. He took their advice. He stopped. He stood up. He staggered back. Words were coming to his throat, but they could not reach the mouth just yet. He lifted a hand to point. He went pale. Tears started to come. Finally the words came, but because they had such trouble reaching the outside world, they reached it at breakneck speed, and force.
"RYOKO!?!??"
Ryoko, standing at the front with the Lecturer turned to face him. She looked confused.

(*Thankies goes to Linden Ryuujin, who's music on their profile kept me sedate enough to write this very sedate chapter.*)