Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Uninhibited Consequences ❯ A Goddess's Gift ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer and Foreword: Tenchi Muyo! and its
characters are copyrights and trademarks of AIC, Pioneer,
and whoever else may own the rights to it, so please don't sue
me (it's not like I have any money anyway :P). However, this
story is my original creation and is copyrighted by me. Please
don't copy it and claim it as your own. This story is based on
the Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-oki characters, so Mihoshi isn't as
ditzy, though much more clumsy! Thanks to Tex James for
his pre-reading help!

Uninhibited Consequences

( )= Mental thoughts

" "= Verbal dialogue

Chapter #9: "A Goddess's Gift"

The Masaki residence; Saturday Morning

________________________________________________________________ _________________________

The Shrine keepers bedroom

A quiet yawn was heard in the Shrine keepers quarters as it's two sleepy occupants woke up.
First to lift themselves off the low bed was Washu stretching her arms as a another yawn
escaped her quivering mouth. "Get up Yousho-can, it's Saturday!"

Yousho nodded lazily then shot up like a rocket to a sitting position. "Saturday, My dear. Really?"

"Well watcha expect. It's been a week and my scanners should be able to tell by now."

Yousho Replied. "Yes, as always I hope that the news we receive to day will be ...agreeable to all."

"Well, if they want to be pregnant or not." Washu was referring to the girls and herself.
"We'll know right after breakfast."

"How can it be done in such a short amount of time, My Washu."
He had as he talked gathered the scientist in his arms, as they sat on their bed.

They kissed then she sighed in his arms and continued. "Well, I am the Greatest Scientific Genius in the Universe!
(Yousho smiled as she said that.) "So, I had my scanners preset for
each of us and that should cut the time for waiting for the results to about 1/2 hour."

"So, you'll scan the girls before breakfast, then when we finish..."

".... We'll know!" finished a smiling Washu.

They two then made their way to the single bathroom adjacent to the bedroom.
After they had finished their morning rituals each then embraced and finished with a light
but kind kiss full of their real love for each other.
As they parted each spoke out. "I'm going to use the portal to get down there before the others,
so I can calibrate the scanner. Do you want to go with me lover?" said Washu.

"No, I need to organize my desk for the days correspondence, so I will see you there my love."

"Would one of those letters happen to be the letter we talked about?
You know Yu-chan, to the other Shrine priest on the other side of Okoyama?"

"Yes, I sent that out yesterday, We should have an answer by Monday."

"Why didn't you just call him on your phone?"

"A letter conveys an action as important as it was better than just to call, My love."

"I still think you need to use technology if it is there to use, Yu-chan.

"If it adds to a point given, then I will use it. Here I wanted to convey the message in a clear and direct way,
with no question as to it's intent"

When will I ever learn that I shouldn't question you when it comes to this sort of thing?"
they hugged again.

"When I make the same mistake to your area of expertise."

"Like that will happen!" They both chuckled smiled, and with a final kiss they left to their separate destinations.

__________________________________________________________ _______________________________

Revelations at breakfast

In the master bedroom of the Masaki home laid two people that seemed to snore in unison.
One Nobuyuki Masaki, Head of the household, bread winner, and now lover to the other snoring person in the bed,
Mihoshi Koramatsu, Galaxy Police Officer and if her dreams come true, hopeful mother of Nobuyuki Masaki's unborn child.
Both held each other in a tight sleeping embrace, when the morning sun forces them to open their sleepy eyes.
As both stretch their arms, they inadvertently knock each other off the bed.
This was now a daily morning occurrence.
Since Mihoshi had accompanied Nobuyuki to his apartment in town earlier in the week.
Now they had been back to the house since early Friday morning.
Both were rubbing the parts of their bodies that met the floor first,
and then with wiry smiles they got up and met each other at the foot of the bed in a tight embrace.
"Are you ok, Nubie?"

"Yup, just my pride has a bruise is all." Then they both smelled the fantastic home cooking of one 2nd Princess of
Jurai, Sasami.

"Hmmm, I guess we'd better get to that bathroom quick so we don't miss breakfast," said a yawning Mihoshi.

"Well, ladies first!" said a smiling Nobuyuki to only the second woman to have a piece of his heart.
The first being Achika.

"Thanks so much Nubie. I'll go and get ready now." She then tried to give him another kiss only to have her forehead meet
his! After they rubbed their now bruised heads, Mihoshi made her way out of the room as she smiled at the man she had
fallen in love with. Nobuyuki then went about getting his things ready for the day.

___________________________________________________________________ ______________________

Waking up in Tenchi's room

At the same time, in a smaller room down the hall a trio of residents are also waking up
to the sun's intrusion through their open window.
A handsome man lies on his side as hewakes to observe the loves of his short but momentous life.
One is beside him cuddling to him Her beautiful purple tinted hair framing an angelic face.
One that can make a real demoncringe when provoked.
But, now he knew that he, and the other girl in the bed would count on her to protect them as
much as those who would hurt them.
Then his gaze turned to the girl lying on the opposite side of the first.
Cyan hair hanging over the pillow where her head rested here was a strikingly beautiful face
that he could never forget in a million lifetimes.
Then he noticed that she held the first girlby the waist in a tight but loving hug spooned
behind her as if protecting her with her body from some unseen enemy.
He noticed he was in a similar position opposite her, thereby
giving the first girl a shield of love and protection.

After the last 48 hours Ayeka Jurai was content in her position not as First Princess of Jurai,
but as the fiancé' of one Tenchi Masaki. She also reveled in the good feelings of
also having her now acknowledged best friend Ryoko Habuki, former Space pirate,
and sometimes mistaken for a demon, as her co-fiance' for Tenchi's hand in marriage.
She felt ...safe.

She slowly woke up to the smiling face of Tenchi who was lying next to her admiring her as she awoke.
She then looked down and saw a familiar arm entwining her mid-section.
She smiled and took her free hand that had been under her cheek and gently traced the fingers of that arms hand.
She then felt the breath of her friend o the back of her neck change and slowly a yawn was heard.

Ryoko yawned a healthy yawn and opened her eyes to two glowing and happy faces.
She smiled back and then hugged Ayeka with her arm, which was still around her waist,
while reaching out with the other arm under them and bear-hugged him as she levitated all three of them up.
She then swung them around to land softly on their feet just next to their new queen sized bed provided for
by Washu the night before. "Good morning You two. Have you had restful and happy dreams, I hope?"
said a now fully awake Ryoko who let them both go when they landed.
"Yes sister, a much better dream than I have had in a long time." replied a happy Ayeka.
"Yes, and before you ask Ryoko, I did dream of both of you." Tenchi said who then smiled
and blushed but not like he had before this eventful week had started.

"Well, you two know what today is?" Ryoko said expectantly. Ayeka and Tenchi both smiled, and nodded.
"Ohh, I just can't wait to find out if I'm going to have Tenchi's baby!" exclaimed Ryoko hugging herself.
"As do I sister. I relish the hope that I can be a mother... as well as being Tenchi's wife to be!"
replied a quiet, but content Ayeka.

"Well, I do smell Sasami's fabulous cooking, so why don't we get ourselves cleaned up and head downstairs."
suggested Tenchi.

The girls said "Yes dear" in unison as Tenchi did a double take and then smiled.

They all shared a hug and the girls walked out of the room. As Tenchi watched the two started a now daily ritual of
conversing of the previous day's events and he slowly chuckled.
They were getting in to a daily family routine. Something that he remembered from long ago.
When it was just he and his mother and father. He sighed a bit at those long forgotten memories,
but then he smiled again. "The more things change, the more the stay the same. Well, ... some parts of it."
Tenchi thought, as he then headed for his student desk to look for two items he knew he was going to
use today.
The two rings he had pulled out of the boxes they were in typified his view of them as symbols of his love for them.
The ring he chose for Ryoko had a 2-carrot diamond surrounded by three Red rubies cut to match the diamond in
the middle.
Ayeka's Ring had another matching 2-carrot diamond, with three purple Amethyst diamonds cut stones.
He then pocketed the two rings in their boxes awaiting the end of breakfast and his proposals.
He just hoped that he could make it through without messing it up.

____________________________________________________________________ _____________________

A Memorable Breakfast!

As the various members of the Masaki clan made their way to the low dining room table,
as always Sasami in her normally cheery mood had prepared a special breakfast for the whole family
since she knew what this day would bring.
(She is of course connected to and eventually assimilates with Tsunami.)
So she went about her preparations of that very special breakfast to come.
First at the table was Nobuyuki. Normally, he would be gone 6 of 7 days a week.
But today, as it was a special day, He had called in to take the day off, and was
walking down the stairs with Mihoshi arm in arm.

He wanted to make sure she didn't slip down the stairs like she had done a few weeks ago.
Now with the possibility of her carrying his unborn child, he was as protective of her.
As much as he had been with Achika 18 years ago.
But, More so for his feelings for the young blonde and accident prone Galaxy police officer.
Mihoshi was glowing in the week long attention she had gotten from Nobuyuki.
Thoughout the week he was a perfect gentleman, not even trying to peek as he had done various times before.
She knew that he had strong feelings from this simply because she was the one who he had tried to
peek at all those times before.
More than even Ayeka, or Ryoko. But she saw this week the Nobuyuki that Achika must have seen,
a kind, shy and warm man who had made her his life.
Though she knew that the family and Achika's memory would always be in his heart,
she knew that she had taken a big chunk of that heart now.
She also knew that she now fully gave hers to him, without any question, or qualms of age difference.
Especially since her race life span is as long as a Jurians, she knew he would live out the days he had with her.

She then wanted to have him live ... longer as she then realized that fact.
As she contemplated this she almost slipped as she missed that final step on the stairs.
Thankfully, Nobuyuki was there to save her a painful landing.
As she was picked up by the middle-aged father of Tenchi, she smiled her most radiant smile as he smiled back a shy smile.
They briefly kissed which would have gone on longer except for the giggles of a certain 2nd Princess of Jurai.
After they parted and smiled at Sasami, they made their way hand in hand to the low dining room table.
They then waited patiently as the rest of the family would come to gather for this very special day,
they talked about the future, their future and that even if they weren't blessed with a child,
their new found love would endure after what would happen today.

Then some laughter was heard at the top of the stairs as Tenchi was led down the stairs by Ayeka to his right,
while Ryoko was to his left, both had a tight hold of his arms as they descended the stairs.
After the private joke passed, Tenchi smiled at his father and Mihoshi next to him.
Both bowed their heads as the three arriving did the same as they sat on the side of the table to the right of them.
A few seconds later a young Yousho and an adult Washu came out of her lab.
Washu held in her hand a device that resembled an attachment to a vacuum cleaner,
which is used to clean curtains. She proceeded to go to each of the girls and scan each one,
then handed the device to Yousho who scanned her. She then opened a special portal and threw the scanner into it.
"We should have the results in about 20 minutes guys." she said as she and Yousho sat down
opposite Nobuyuki and Mihoshi. Sasami then started to serve the family breakfast.
And for the next 20 minutes the conversations swirled around the family and the many activities they have
as well as the anticipated arrival of the Jurai Royal Family.

Ryoko had many concerns.
"Look, I have no problem in telling them of our situations Ayeka but your father had brought a suitor for you before.
What's stopping him from doing it again?"
"I don't think Mommy or Auntie Funaho would allow him to repeat such a obvious mistake."
replied a slightly agitated Ayeka.

"But, Ayeka what if Father would do this unbeknownst to our mothers?" said Yousho.

"Grandfather, would he try this? I'm sure he knows our situation here," said a concerned Tenchi.

"But, he does not know of this weeks ... changes in this household. Am I right?" replied Nobuyuki.

"Ayeka, did you tell you mother of what could happen today?" asked Ryoko.

"No, I only said that we (she looked at Tenchi, then Ryoko) that we'd decided to wed."

"But, you didn't tell them what had caused this decision?" asked a now curious Washu who now sensed the apprehension
in Ryoko through their mind link.

"No, I did not tell them that." Replied a now concerned Ayeka.

"So, father could try something when they arrive. Since if he acts as before,
he could somehow come up with a pretense to take Ayeka and even Sasami back to Jurai." Yousho said.

"I won't allow that Grandpa, I am going to marry Ayeka, and Ryoko, and he will have to accept that,"
said a now angry Tenchi.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna let him take Ayeka against her will!"
said an equally angry Ryoko.

Washu was looking at her daughter with ... much admiration, pride and love.
" I am so proud of you my daughter, to stand up to a King, a galactic King at that, and for what?
Oh, just a little thing called love and friendship, that's all.
" Washu was moving around the table as she spoke. She then hugged the surprised ex-pirate and said;
"I am happy to be your mother, my little Ryoko!"

After a few moments of hesitation, Ryoko returned the hug enforce. "Thanks Mom, That really means a lot to me!"

"Yes, It does to us as well" said a teary eyed Ayeka, with an approving Tenchi by her side.

"Oh you guys stop it, you're making me tear up. What's gonna happen to my tough as nails reputation." said a
boastful, yet wet eyed Ryoko.

"Well I know we won't tell right guys?" said a smiling Sasami.

"How about Mihoshi's reports to the GP and the Jurai Council?" asked Ryoko.

"Who me, I just know that we have guests coming today. Bythe way who were they again?"
Everyone face faulted. Which broke the laughs out at the dining room table.
After a few moments of hilarity, everyone then started to make contingency plans for their afternoon guests.

________________________________________________________________ _________________________

The Results

After breakfast was done all the family quickly helped to clean off the table and helped Sasami in cleaning the dishes.
Then the whole family moved to Washu's lab to view the results.
After everyone had gathered and were murmuring quite anxiously when Washu's piercing whistle silenced them all.
"Ok, I have programmed my computers to deposit the results in envelopes which should appear in front of each of
the girls within the next 10 seconds!"

In those 10 seconds, Ayeka and Ryoko gathered aroundTenchi, Mihoshi waited in Nobuyuki's arms
which encircled her from behind. While Washu stood next to Yousho holding his hand.
Then the envelopes seemed to fall from nowhere and each one was caught by each of the girls.
They all looked at their envelopes and simply froze. The men looked at each other then tries to revive them.

Ryoko then tears open her envelope and screams loudly!
"I'm A Mommy, I'm A Mommy, I'm A Mommy, I'm A Mommy!"
She keeps jumping in Tenchi's arm as Ayeka looks on in an annoying look,
which after a few seconds turns to a smile.

She then opens her envelope carefully, her smile brightens hugely. "I am also a mother to be!"
She then let out an unlady like shriek and competed with Ryoko in the jumping contest
as Tenchi smiled while managing to keep hold of his now expecting fiancé's.

Mihoshi then looked nervously at the envelope. She thenshook her head no and gave it to Nobuyuki.
"I'm too nervous. Nubie, can you please open it for me?" asked a now crying Mihoshi.

"Yes, my love I'll open it." He then tore the top of the envelope open and after reading the results,
... promptly fainted!

"Dad?! Nubie?! Son-in-law?" was heard as he hit the floor.

"Let me see that." yelled Washu and she read it "Wait, Mihoshi, not only are you pregnant,
... but you're having twins!" No wonder he fainted.

"Wait, that means I'm a father… and a brother?!?!" Tenchi then fainted!

"Yousho, is this a family trait?" whispered Washu to Yousho.

"Not from this side of the family." replied a chuckling Yousho. "Washu, my love, can I see if I have to prepare for
diaper duty as well?"

"Yeah, here you read it, I need to check something in Mihoshi's Results."
As he started to read Washu's results a loud "NO WAY!" was heard. As he turned to Washu, Yousho
was seeing Washu weak kneed and very white.
"My love what is wrong? Why does Mihoshi's results upset you?"

"I can't believe it? But, it does explain how she can got into my lab so easily" Washu was talking to herself.

Yousho then took her in his arms and asked, "What upsets you My Washu?" that brought her out of her trance.

"What? Oh Yousho what does my results say?" Washu now was focusing on that.

"We, are parents!" was all he said. They kiss for the longest time as the other do the same.

Then after a few more minutes of happy discussions of babies and future plans,
Washu then takes Mihoshi aside, and asks her about her parents, and then her grandfather.
"What's your grandpa's full name?"

"Ahhmmm, Oh yeah, it's Hutami Koramatsu!"

"Do you know his ... mother's family name?" Asked Washu
apprehensively.

"No, the family never told him that, he said that he was told
that his mother died after his father died in a transport accident.
He said that was many years before my Dad was born," was all Mihoshi told her.

"Well the results here also indicate that you have a DNA match ... with two people here, in this house ... right now."

All the family say in unison; "WHAT?"

"You mean that I'm related to two other people here?"

"Yup!"

"Well who? Tell me please Miss Washu?"

"Well, first you'd better call me Nana, and then Ryoko, Auntie!"

"Wait, I thought you were just called Washu, and Ryoko? Well why would you..."
She finally realized what Washu said. "You mean you... and Ryoko... and me, we are related?"

"Yes! You grandfather ... is my son, So I'm your Great Grandma, and Ryoko her is your Grand Aunt!"

"Showing our age now Ryoko?" chuckled Ayeka.

"Now wait a minute, your telling me that the Grand Marshall of the Galaxy police... is my brother.?"

"Now I've seen everything! The Infamous Space Pirate Ryoko is The Grand Marshall's sister!" said a now hysterical Ayeka.

"You know Ayeka, when we get married, he'll be your brother in law. While I am your sister-wife!"

"Oh don't remind me, my stomach is still settling down over that scenario." She said now smiling at the pissed off Ryoko.

"Are you sure it's no Morning sickness, or are you just bloated!" Ryoko now laughed at her own comment.

"Now wait a minute you, how dare you say such a thing!" Replied Ayeka angrily.

And as a fight brewed Tenchi asserted his new found backbone as he finally reminded the girls that a fight might
hurt the babies. That calmed everyone down. Then each couple drifted back out towards the house as Washu asked
Mihoshi to meet with her later after the Royals arrive. She accepts and then follows Nobuyuki out of the lab.

The rest of the morning as they awaited Sasami's lunch, and the Jurai Royals arrival,
all three loving couples and groups spent the day contemplating the future and the ever expanding
Masaki Family.
As all have their respective quiet moments a smile crosses Sasami's face and many millions of miles away,
Tsunami's face as well.

__________________________________________________________________ _______________________

In space around Saturn

Three Jurai Tree ships two half as large as the third arrive with a whoosh
(If that could have been heard in an airless space). The King Of Jurai was contemplating his plans for the
afternoon, and how he was going to get his daughters back from that insolent pup of a great grandson,
and how he will force Yousho to return as well. "I will have my revenge Tenchi,
and I will get my children back whether you like it or not!" was all Asuza thought about as the ships neared earth.

Next Chapter 10: The Royals ... Are here!

P.S- I want to thanks Tex James for Pre-reading this story and for his patience with the various delays in the weekly
submissions of this story, I'll get more in soon! Thanks again!
dennisud