That 70's Show Fan Fiction ❯ The Best Title Ever ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
The Best Title Ever Ch. 1: "The Best Christmas Ever" Summary: Jackie takes Hyde shopping for Donna's present. Disclaimer: I do not own That '70s Show, duh. Note: This is my first That '70s Show fan fic. It's not exactly a Jackie/Hyde romance story, I didn't want to write on where that got together before they did in the series, but I wanted to inject some Jackie/Hyde scenes into a few episodes, so if this goes well it could be a series of one shots. Most of this is kind of Hyde's POV "Talking" 'Thoughts' The day after Hyde asked Jackie for help he sat alone in the basement still thinking about what to get Donna for Christmas. Jackie comes bounding into the basement as usual except for the fact that this time she makes a beeline straight for Hyde. Granted nobody else was there, but on a normal day she would have just turned and left or sat on the couch to wait for either Kelso or Donna to drop by. This time she sat on the arm of the couch nearest Hyde's chair. "I've thought it over and I'm gonna help you out, so let's go to the mall." Jackie announced cheerily. "Excuse me?" Hyde said with a raised eyebrow. "It's Christmas and I'm supposed to help the less fortunate. You need a present for Donna and I need a ride to the mall, so come on" "First of all I don't need anything, especially from you, and second why can't Kelso drive you" "He's busy, so come on" "Oh he's 'busy'." He said sarcastically. "Yeah." She said not as sure as before, but then continued more perky. "You have a license and no car, I have a car and no license, it's a perfect match, so you're driving me to the mall" "Uh, no" "I'm offering you my help, why won't you take it" "I think you just answered your own question." They sat glaring at each other for a few long minutes when Jackie suddenly perked up again. "I'll buy you lu-unch." Jackie sing songed. "I don't need you to buy me lu... okay let's go." He got up to leave and Jackie skipped along behind him. At the mall: Jackie grabbed Hyde's hand excitedly and started dragging him around the mall. It took him a minute, not because he liked the feel of her hand in his, no, no, no, and no; it just caught him off guard that's all, but he finally yanked his hand from hers. She gave him a slightly annoyed and perplexed look then kept walking at her own perky pace, he grudgingly followed. About two hours later, give or take the perception of time, given the fact that he was bored out of his mind. That left Hyde wondering why the hell he had agreed to this in the first place, and how had Jackie talked him into carrying her bags anyway, damn it. He was not a nice guy and she was selfish and spoiled. Something about this time of year just makes people act all uncharacteristically. "No." Hyde said to another gaudy piece of jewelry that Jackie pointed out. "You've said no to everything I've suggested. Now why not this one" "I told you I only have six dollars" "I give up I can't help you." Jackie waved her arms in the air. "Now we agree on something." He would have crossed his arms if they weren't weighed down with shopping bags. "Fine, let's just take a break" "A break?" He raised an eyebrow, hadn't she just given up? What is with this chick? "I promised you lunch didn't I?" She smiled sweetly. "Fine." 'I think I'm gonna be sick' Lunch: They sat at a small table by themselves, and surprisingly it wasn't so bad, at lest she wasn't blabbing on and on about Kelso every two seconds like she usually did. Mostly there was silence which was nice but occasionally they'd trade caustic observations about the people around them, she was good at burning people, came with being a bitchy cheerleader I guess. "So why do you like Donna?" Jackie asked so suddenly that Hyde nearly choked on his burger. "I mean cause you do know Eric likes her right?" She continued her unwanted questioning. "Not you too." He felt a little guilty I mean sure Donna was hot and easy to talk to but Forman was his best friend, was it even worth it? "Come on Hyde you can't be totally without heart" "Yeah like you can't be totally shallow." He shot back getting more uncomfortable by the minute. All in all he'd rather be shopping, and that wasn't saying much, so he quickly finished and left to have a smoke and wait for Jackie to finish. After lunch they resumed their trek through the mall. It seemed like they had visited every store in there, they probably had. But finally. "Ooh, ooh, this is perfect." She held up a picture frame loaded with glitter and ugh, feathers, pink ones no less. "It's less than six dollars and you can put in a picture of me," She squeaked impossibly proud of herself. When he just gave her a look she continued, "you know to give Donna someone to idolize, a role model, something to strive for" Hyde was about to make a snide remark when he realized she actually had a good idea. Not the picture of her part, duh. He remembered what Donna said about something sentimental, and he had that picture of them from fifth grade, why not frame it. But the frame Jackie had picked was well, a little too, Jackie. "What are you doing?" She pouted as he put the frame she picked back on the shelf. "Picking a better frame" "Well fine if you want a plain, boring one, don't come crying to me when Donna rejects you. Oh and forget about putting my picture in that" "Yeah I'll try." He went to the counter and paid for the frame, usually he'd just sneak it into his jacket and not bother, but this was a present and he usually didn't steal for other people, just himself. "Ooh now that you have some money left you can buy me something" "Yeah, I could." She smiled. "But I won't." Then she frowned at him. "Come on Jackie I've barely got enough for a stick of gum" "Okay." She smiled widely. "Fine." He groaned and bought her a stick of gum, which she gleefully chewed. 'Maybe it'll shut her up for a while' "Okay, we're leaving." He announced. "But I..." Jackie started to protest. "Now." This time he was the one to grab her elbow and drag her out of the mall. At the car Jackie began to pout. "I never got my new pair of clogs" "No, but you got two pairs of shoes, five outfits, and ugh a new unicorn." He snatched it up for evidence. She snatched it back angrily. "You know for someone with such a sweet mouth you say a lot of nasty things" "What" "Nothing, let's just go" "Whatever." He tried to say casually but it came out uneasily. They got in the car and he drove her home in silence. Once in front of Jackie's house Hyde put the car in park and turned off the engine. "Well I didn't have a completely horrible time. I, ah hope Donna likes her present" "Yeah and I guess you weren't totally useless" "I'll see you at the party later." She patted him on the knee and took the keys from him before getting out of the car and disappearing into her enormous house. "Whatever." He grumbled to himself before walking the two blocks to Forman's. He shook his head, 'The things I'll do for a crush.' The End, for now.