The Twelve Kingdoms Fan Fiction ❯ A few nights of drunkeness ❯ Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own 12 kingdoms. This applies the rest of the chapters as well to save myself the trouble of typing it out every time I write a chapter.
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000
Enki sat on his bed, playing with his new 'toy', the device which he had acquired a few days ago, trying to find out what else it can do. Absentmindedly prodding the buttons, he jumped slightly when the picture of the hallway he had taken accidentally the other day appeared on the screen. He smiled slightly, daydreaming about what he would do with it when he found out how to take pictures and film objects. So far, he had only found out how to switch it in or off. Now, all he had to do was to remember which buttons he had pressed the other day.
He prodded another button experimentally and the picture turned into an image of the hallway, only pointed at the ground for some reason. He was about to press another button when he heard the sound of Shouryuu's voice coming from it.
''What are you doing, Enki?''
''N-nothing, Shouryuu.''
''You were playing with that thing, weren't you. Show me that device.'' Enki froze, suddenly remembering that day, paling as he realised what it could mean. If Youko got hold of this and if he didn't manage to somehow delete this in time other than by destroying it , which he didn't want to do...He thought for a while, when another thought occured to him. How much of he and Shouryuu's conversation the other day was recorded? Putting his new 'toy' to his ear, he strained to hear the next part of the conversation...
''You were playing with that thing, weren't you. Show me that device.''
There was a short pause before he heard Shouryuu's voice again.''What does it do?'' There was another pause before he heard his voice again.
''It can film objects.''
''I see. I suppose you were filming objects then.''
''Yes.''
''And what were you filming just now?''
''Birds.''
''Why don't we film something more interesting?''
''Like what?''There was a very long pause and Enki strained his ears. ''W-what? B-but we can't just get Keiki, Youko or Rakushun drunk and put them in the same bed again and expect to get away with it! And besides, isn't three too many?'' Enki felt his face redden but listened on...
''Then any two then. It probably won't make a difference anyway.''
Another short pause during which Enki became increasingly nervous. ''Well, are you really going to do that? Youko's nice but when she finds out we were behind all this, she's going to be scary.''
There was a very long pause, during which Enki was suddenly aware of the sweat on his face. ''It's not like she'll find out unless we tell her personally. Besides, ''There was a pause lasting a second or two.''You won't look at her when I was undressing her and I want you to this time.''
Enki's face reddened when he heard himself reply. ''B-but why?''
There was another pause during which he could hear Shouryuu chuckling softly. By now, Enki could feel sweat dripping off his face as he remembered Shouryuu's answer.''She's so pretty that it'll be a shame not to. And besides, for a person more than five hundred years old, you're not very experianced in some matters, are you?'' He heard something click and then silence. He strained his ears before vaguely remembering he had pressed another button. He let his arms drop to his sides, suddenly glad he had pressed the button before it could record any more of Shouryuu's teasing. If Youko really got hold of the digital camera, there was one thing he could be happy about: she wouldn't get to hear the last part of Shouryuu's teasing.
There was a sound of footsteps outside his door and he quickly switched it off and shoved it under his pillow. The door opened and Shouryuu appeared. ''As for the conversation we had the other day...''
Enki gulped. He had been hoping Shouryuu was only joking although years of living with him had taught him that he usually carried out what he planned, no matter how stupid it may be.
He shifted his position until he could see Shouryuu clearly, watching him warily in case he tried something funny.
''What's the matter, Enki? You look like some wild animal, watching me like that. It's not like I'm going to sprout horns or something.'' He paused, allowing his characteristic smirk to appear. ''Or perhaps,'' his smirk widened, much to Enki's annoyance. ''Being a beast affects your brains in more ways than I thought. Perhaps you should get a doctor before you start braying like a donkey of worse still, pissing all over the place like some dog.''
''Stop it, Shouryuu, before I do something nasty to you.''
''What are you going todo, Enki? You're not going to do this, are you?'' Without pausing to let Enki ask what he was up to, he said in a high pitched voice which sounded too much like a girl for Enki's comfort. ''What a cute guy you are, Enki,'' he said seductively, fluttering his eyelashes as he approached him, watching as Enki backed away, too frightened by Shouryuu's abrupt change in manner to say anything. ''So much that I want to kiss you.''
Enki's face paled until it was as pale as Keiki's, if not paler. Shouryuu moved forward like a predator, making soft noises with his lips as he did so. Now, they were only a few steps apart, and Shouryuu proceeded to cross the distance between them.
Just as Shouryuu was about to kiss Enki, there was a whirlwind in the room and Shouryuu was sent flying to the other end of the room. When he had recovered from the shock of being sent flying by the whirlwind, he found that Enki was gone. After he found Enki's clothes strewn all over the room, it didn't take him long to realise what had happened.
When he walked to the window, he was just in time to see the shape of Enki in his beast form disappearing into the distance at an incredible speed, apparently to get as far away from him as possible.
Shrugging to himself, he turned and left. After all, his real intention in coming was to scare Enki out of his wits. As for his plans to get Youko, Keiki and Rakushun drunk, he'll give Enki his instructions some other day. After all, he had already made the necessary arrangements already.