Threads Of Fate Fan Fiction / Threads Of Fate Fan Fiction ❯ What I Really Wanted ❯ Meeting With Fate, and Angel's Tears ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-sigh- This is how I think Mint must feel on the inside. Behind her masks and shields. Tells her story a bit. I hope you guys like it. It may be short, but I tend to write short chapters! But if I don't get any reviews, I get lazy and have no motivation to continue it!
Disclaimer: I do not own Threads of Fate nor any of its wonderful characters. I only own some OC's and this plot. Hah. Sue me now, toothpaste rapists. Kidding. -sweatdrop- DON'T REALLY!
Pairing: Rue/Mint Claire/OC
Other: The OC's don't come in until later chapters.
What I Really Wanted
Chp 1: Meeting With Fate
by Anarchy and Blood
----------------------------
-Mint's POV-
Nobody listened.Nobody cared. And why should they,anyways? I am nobody..
My father hated me. He never even noticed I was born. He only cared about money. And then, all he cared about was money and Maya.
Everyone loved Maya, while I got broken toys and an even more broken heart.. I was left in the corner while everyone played with and praised Maya. Never Mint. 'Who's Mint?' some would ask and Gramps or Maya would point to my limp body. They'd just nod and look away. Even strangers didn't care. I never got compassion and love, nobody ever took care of my wounds. Nobody even held me when I cried at night. I did that every night. Cried, I mean. The moon would talk to me, though. I would tell it my life, and it would only listen in response. I didn't know who I was..in fact I don't even know that now. When Maya and I were older suitors came to her and bore great and beautiful gifts, ones I'd never get, and words like 'Nobody surpasses you beauty and value, Princess.' 'I bet you are as beautful inside as you are the out, Milady.' I'd never get a word. Honestly, I've never had a suitor. I'd just sit and my room and cry. Like a baby. I had no talents. I had no meaning, no special words to say or nothing special to do with my life. Then I ran away. And nobody noticed nor cared. Nobody searched, either. So two years of more hell made me tougher. I learned to mask myself, and to be someone else. People noticed my flashy ego, my arrogance, and some say, my courage. But I wasn't brave. One man broke my shields and it has taken all of my sanity not to shout how I feel. That man..was Rue.
--------
Oh yeah. Rue, met him on Valen's Relic hunt. Fell in love. Broke my heart, long story short. Claire. He wanted to use the relic to revive Claire. It hurt so much. He had noticed me, talked to me...and broke my heart eithout his knowing. Even today I long for his touch, or even a smile would do. I sometimes get letters. I sometimes write back. But it hurts. A dagger crosses my heart every time I hear his damn name. Rue. Rue. Rue. Rue. Rue Rue Rue Rue Rue!!!!!!!!!.....Maybe I'll try to tell him how I feel in a letter?
--------
Dear Rue,
Didn't expect to hear from me so soon eh?! Well you better get used to it!
-------
No..too violent of an entrance..Lemme try again?
--------
Dear Rue,
Hi. Its Mint. I hope you haven't forgotten about me. It's been a few months since our last contact in letters. I know, I sound so grown up, huh? Well thats because I have something very important to tell you. Rue, I...I know you love Claire and all that crap but you are on my mind constantly. Your name rings throughout my head and every time I hear it I almost faint. My head gets all cloggy..What I am trying to say is that..I love you. Yeah, I'm stupid. I know. Go ahead and laugh. I won't be alive much longer anyways. No, no cliff jumping. I'll miss you dearly. Maybe someday I'll come back but Rue the pain is too damn unbearable I can't take it anymore!I need you, I need to see your smile, to hear your voice, to see your cheasy smirk teasing me every second I saw you. To look into your deep,perfect eyes, to drink from your sullen, perfect lips like I would the finest wine..but that will never be, will it? I've tried so hard. I love you, Rue. I dearly and truly love you. I might see you again if you wish it. Not likely, but...Maybe I'll come back from the dead someday. But I'm only a close friend, right? Well maybe being your friend will someday be enough..but not now.
Love FOREVER,
Princess Mint Kodoku of East Heaven Kingdom.
AKA Mint.
P.S.-I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
--------
I sealed the letter with the royal seal. I also sealed it with a kiss and a wish. Time to go. I also attatched my dual haloes to the letter, so I ran out of my room, and ran through the mazes of hallways of the castle. I knew this place completely. Memorized it while finding places to cry. So I ran out of the castle, brushing past Maya, who didn't notice a thing but for laughs sent a laughing pumpkin after me. I didn't care. I just ran, and ran, and ran, til' I found my destination. Carona Forest. I thought I saw a glimpse of Rue, but I thought I was hallucinating.So I took out my dagger..and struck,but the last thing I saw was Rue running towards me. I held out my letter with my Dual Haloes to him. I fell to the ground. That's all I can remember before..darkness.I was surrounded by a foggy darkness.I was curled into a call,knees clutched to my chest. I was so afraid. So afraid. I felt arms try to hold me. I felt a voice try to reach me. But no sound. Just silence. And it was noisy within the silence. I hated it. Hate and spite filled my body. Then Rue. Rue. Sweet, perfect, pure, Rue. Unattainable Rue. The only thing that I ever TRULY wanted. I guess I realized that too late. Now I'm floating around in this dark bubbly fog thing. Alone. Hurt, lost, and alone. This time, truly alone. And for once,
I hated it.
-Rue's POV-
I panicked. I rushed to her side. It was a terrible sight to see, her stabbing a long dagger through her heart and straight through to her back. I could see that she was instantly dead, but yet still I cradled her in my arms and wept. I took the letter she was reaching out to me and read it in silence. I cried more. She really did love me...and I her.I tried to tell her I only loved Claire as a sister that one day, but she rushed me and wouldn't hear what I had to say. And now she's dead because I was too shy and afraid to show and know my own feelings.And now my world was gone.I felt part of me shrivel up and die..her beautiful strawberry was down and stringed across her face, and her body was now the shape of a woman's. A pang of guilt coarsed through my body, along with a stab of pain in my heart. I felt everything around me shatter. And then...a warmth.I looked up.I saw a woman with the same strawberry pink hair as Mint's floaring above me.She had light pink feathery and fluttery wings, with red-brown eyes that were much like Mint's red-violet ones.A pink gown flew around her ankles,silver flowers embroidered into the lacy bottom hems, and up the sides and the chest area. She was beautiful.."Are you----?" I started to ask, but she shushed me. "I am Mint's mother, Kirara. I answered your question,huh?"she asked with a giggle.I could only nod.
-----
Shouldering my Arc Edge so that I didn't lose it, I posotioned myself on the ground,which was now a marshmallow pinky substance.It smelled of sweet roses and waterlilies and wild but calm wildflowers. I enjoyed the scent.It was the same as Mint's own when I was holding her.Her Dual Haloes were clutched tightly in my hands, but I clasped them onto my bag."Ah.You seek to revive Mint.Well,there IS one way.."she stated."Tell me,please!" I interrupted her as she opened her motuh again to speak."Of course I will,silly head!! You have to go back into time and watch Mint's life.Found out where it went wrong and FIX IT.Even though I want to see my daughter,I will give you a few chances." she handed me some pink and white coins.They were made from some kind of soft and rose scented metal.I loved them."These are Angel Coins.They bring you back to life and back to the time where you were killed so you can try again.And here----"she handed me an amulet"----is what you use to go through time.It's an Angel's Time Turner.Meet Mint when you two are young.When you go back in time,you will be as young as you would have been in that time.So basically,you get to live life over.Fix your mistakes.Fik the future.My Minty will surely help you if you become her friend so she can get to know you.. !!!!!" I tilted my head."I..I think I get it." I replied hesitantly."I sure hope you do!If you should need any help,just come see me.Use the Dual Haloes by confessing you love Mint('which I know you do',she whispered)while clutching the Dual Haloes to your heart.Simple enough?Good! But, this is NOT as easy as it sounds! Trust me.. "I sighed as she hugged me.We both disappeared into a bright pink-white light.My body was being torn apart and the pieces were being thrown away...and I yelled with pain and with horror.
----------NORMAL POV--------------
Rue woke up behind a bush. He yawned quietly. "Uhh,where am wi?Wait wi cawn't tawk wight!" A four year old Rue. Short silver hair, no scary flaring locks...life was good! He was....errr....short..Then again he was just 18. He heard someone crying. Walking towards the sound, Rue was shocked to find a young girl with strawberry pink hair sobbing by the lakeside. Her hair was up in a short and low ponytail, and she looked around three. She wore a simple white sundress that was stained brightly with blood. A stuffed dog was laying next to her, stomach fluff torn out and blood staining the black dog. It had a burn over its left eye, like an accidental candle burn. The girl's knees were hugged to her chest, face buried into her knees. Could this be Mint? And if so, why is there all that blood? Then he realized why. A huge gash was across her back, and small cuts and large cuts were varying on her skin. The four-year-old gaped, then walked over to her. "Girl, why are wou cwying?" he asked her. "C-cuz mwy bwack hurt swo bwad...I thwink I mwight dwie!" she replied. "You won't dwie!" "W-why won't wi?" "Becwause I will help wou!" The girl looked up at Rue. Her red-violet eyes were stained red and brimming with tears. Despite her beauty, blood was coming from her mouth. "I'm Mint. I'm a pwincess...who are wou?" "I'm Wue, I mwean Rue." Mint giggled. "Rue...I wike twat." A sparkle of pink showed on Rue's cheeks as he gave Mint a piggy back ride. "Thank wou Rue." "Anytwime." "Hey Rue?" "Yes?" "Can we...be..fwiends?" "Yeah!"
--------------------
-East Heaven Castle-
As Rue came up to the castle gates with Mint on his back, the soliders gaped. "P-p-p-p-p-rincess M-M-Mint?!What the hell--I mean heck happened to you?!" By now, Mint was passed out. "I fwound her bwy the wake huwt!" Rue retorted, though his limited four-year-old speech didn't help him too much. "Well, uhh...take her in!"
This guy was obviously new, Rue decided while walking in. He gaped. There was only one word to describe this place: elegance. Well, maybe there were more words, but Rue was NOT thinking at the moment. The walls were creamy vanilla white, with blood red carpeting and marvelous curtains hung before the windows elegantly, while in this room, paintings by children decorated the walls, and on the wall was painted: "Mint and Maya, The Royals' Young Artists" Rue mentally laughed at this. It was, dare he think it...cute. One painting was of a little strawberry haired girl (who looked strangely like a violent and rogue young princess relic-hunter) and a little silver haired boy (who looked strangely like the princess relic hunter's relic hunting partner) who were sitting side by side, laughing. It was actually very good for a three-year-old.It read: "Mint and her Dream Best Friend" Wow. So, he was a dream? The thought made his cheeks flare red. Shaking his thoughts, he carried the young girl bridal style now, into the main room. It was even more huge than the last. Its walls were of a sky hue, and the carpeting was midnight blue. The curtains were midnight blue, too. A huge fountain was in the middle of the room, a strange bird that was painted many shades of blue, creating a magical effect. A door was in the right corner of the room. It was a sky blue color, and read:
"Queen Celia". Rushing, Rue knocked on the door. "Yes?" came the reply. "Uh,mwiss?Ywor dwaughter is huwt and I've bwought her hwome!" the door opened quickly, revealing Miss Celia herself. Light strawberry pink hair, but her sky blue eyes were clouded with worry. All she wore was a satin blue nightgown, and only was it then that Rue realized it was late at night. "Good heavens! Her father has said she was in bed!" Celia rushed them in, and took Mint from Rue's arms. Setting the young girl on her bed, Rue got to look around. All different shades of blue inhabited the room, all going splendidly with her eyes that Mint herself would look nice with.
---------------------
-Queen Celia's Room-
Celia was tending to her daughter's wounds, when she brought up a conversation. "So, what's your name? You look like the dream friend she says she always dreams about and paints?" "I'm wuh..Wue..I mwean Rue." "Rue..I like that." "Twat's what Mwint swaid!" "Well, my Minty and I can be a lot alike...I seem to be the only one to notice she's here. Her father only pays attention to Mint's sister, Maya. Maya doesn't pay attention to anything but her father. They act like each other is all they have. Pfft. The King doesn't even want to share a bloody room with his own wife!" Rue looked down. "I don't know where wi come fwom." "Aww, poor thing!!!So, you have nowhere to go?" "Nope.." "Well then, I say you can stay with us!" they both looked at the young princess who had obviously awoken. She had a cute smile plastered onto her face, sitting up, arms folded. "C-can I..r-really?!" "OF COURSE WOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!"


--------------
So sorry it's very short. I am having a bit of Writer's Block. Damn it all, eh?. I like constructive criticism. Don't you? It makes us all feel better, but then again.. it feels likes we're not good enough! WHEEE I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS! And I am rambling again, are I not? Oh well. Makes the fic look longer. Hehe.

Converting /tmp/phpQZLQG7 to /dev/stdout