Tokyo Babylon Fan Fiction / X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ SAVE C ❯ Kuniko ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Tokyo Babylon or X. If I did, the story wouldn't be so original. O.o;

Author's Notes: I suddenly have the urge to write about rival veterinarians. Wait, that has nothing to do with this. >.< Okay, well, I've had the idea for several days, but I couldn't think of any way to write this without making myself frustrated, so I went with something simple. I have no clue where this is set, but it's definitely not late in X.

/ Hashimoto Kuniko returns the handkerchief, and has a short conversation with Subaru. /

SAVE C

Written by Ayako

1. Kuniko

She never takes this route.

Perhaps it is because of the bad vibes.

Actually, she isn't sure why. She just doesn't consider the cemetery the ideal place to spend her time.

Just move along, she tells herself, just a few more steps.

There isn't anything to be afraid of, but she is still cautious.

Anything can happen in Tokyo. If it is possible for the world to end at 1999, it is possible for ghosts to rise from their respective graves.

But no, she doubts that will happen.

Such thoughts don't belong in her head.

She is practical, she is simple; she keeps herself relaxed and poised for anything and everything.

She is not so sure if she can be that way if she were to meet a ghost though.

Just a few more meters, she chants.

Funny, it didn't feel this long those many months ago.

She does not think that she has a good memory.

She walks faster.

Sometimes she wishes for longer legs. She hears that the longer your reach, the more distance you cover.

Maybe it is the weather that slows her down, maybe it is the stress of life, or maybe she is just slow.

She agrees with the last thought.

She stands perfectly still and takes in the sound.

Nothing.

She realizes that this part of the cemetery looks different. Not just the look, but the feel as well.

She doesn't have special powers.

It was the scar that gave her a new sense of perspective. Everything became clear after that day.

She feels drawn to this place, and she steps closer to the lone tombstone that stood out in the field of flowers.

She kneels down and reads the name.

Stop. Rewind.

She reads it again and again.

She sees a shifting in shadows, and meets eye to eye with Sumeragi Subaru.

To be continued…

Additional notes for this portion: Since dialogue won't fit within this portion's style, it'll be in the next. Either way, this is one short piece. ^^; I can't write long stories…