Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ A Little Christmas Magic ❯ So it begins... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Little Christmas Magic
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own anything. I do not own the Nutcracker or Tokyo Mew Mew, or any of its characters. This is my first time writing, so be gentle. This story is actually an excerpt from a book I have written. Before you read this, please read the following: This is a Ryou/Ichigo pairing so if you don't like them, I suggest you stop reading. Since this is my story there are a couple of changes. Ryou and Ichigo live together in an apartment, however they are just friends. Mrs. Akasaka owns the café and she and Keicheiro do not know Ichigo's secret. There is one more thing. Ryou is in a band. Also, there are no mew mews. Phew… I hope you enjoy the story. I'm new at this… so be gentle.
 
 
Let the story begin….
 
 
 
Months passed and the cool winter breeze had taken away all of the multicolored leaves. Ichigo loved her job at the café. She had recently received a really cute waitress uniform which all the customers, especially the guys loved. On some days, when they didn't have band practice, Keicheiro and Ryou would hang out in the café. Typically, many girls would show up on these days. It made Ichigo sick when Ryou would flirt nonchalantly with girls, in order to get what he wanted, which usually meant for them to leave him alone.
 
It was two days before Christmas and it was Ichigo's last day of work. “You know those girls have feelings too. You lying to them like that is just cruel.” Ichigo said walking over to where Ryou and Keicheiro were sitting as the other waitresses pushed another lovesick girl out as they locked up. “You jealous?” Ryou smirked. “Of you…in your dreams!” Ichigo shot back with a disgusted look on her face. Ryou smiled devilishly as he got close to her face. “If I could take you in my dreams…I would do ungodly things to you,” he said in a low seductive tone. “EWWW!!! Ryou you're such a pervert!” Ichigo shrieked as she stormed off. Ryou burst out laughing. “Really Ryou, you shouldn't tease her like that, it isn't how you should treat a lady. I really don't know why you do it in the first place.”Keicheiro scolded. “Oh you know I was only kidding,” Ryou said trying to calm down. “Still, you really should treat her better,” Keicheiro chided. Ryou just rolled his eyes.
 
“Alright, Alright people listen up!” It was Mrs. Akasaka's voice that presided over the café. All of the waitresses crowded around in a giant huddle. “Ok listen up. You all know that Christmas is only two days away. More importantly, tomorrow night is the annual Akasaka family Christmas Eve party. Following tradition, the party will be held here. The good news is that all of you are invited The bad news is that you have one last working duty. Each of you must deliver one invitation to the person that I assign you. Well, that's it, come get your invitations.” Mrs. Akasaka announced. All of the girls ran and surrounded her like vulturesto dead meat.
 
Ryou had to wait a couple of minutes before Ichigo emerged from the sea of waitresses. “Got one! We can go!” Ichigo called waving a small envelope in her hand. As they walked out in the night air Ichigo shivered yet.. she was content. “Oh, I wish it would snow,” she said looking up at the stars. Ryou remained silent. He thought about what Keicheiro had said. “Hmm.. so this Akasaka family Christmas Eve party is a big deal huh?” she commented almost to herself. “Yeah…” Ryou just dug his hands into his pockets. “So um, how long have you been going to these parties?” Ichigo asked inquisitively. Ryou smiled, ”The real question is when have I not gone. I've gone to the Akasaka family Christmas Eve party for as long as I can remember. By the way, who'd you get anyway?” Ichigo dug the envelope out of her purse and looked at it. “Uncle Dross…el..mier…uncle drosselmier” she pronounced. “The addressshows that his house isn't too far from here. Ichigo explained. “You got Drosselmier ahhh man !!” Ryou sounded disappointed. “Why? What's wrong?” Ichigo asked concerned. “Oh, it's nothing, it's just Drosselmier is a creepy old man. He's harmless, but there's something about him that just doesn't seem …right.” Ryou muttered. Ichigo was kinda creeped out. Nothing scared Ryou. It was then that Ryou stopped abruptly on the street. “Well, this is his place….” Ichigo looked to see an old-fashioned toyshop. It had little wooden toys resting in the window. “Wow it's open” she exclaimed amazed as she stepped through the door. Ryou silently followed her in and gently closed the door behind them.
 
The little bells on the door chimed welcoming them. The two looked around. Countless toys filled the room. Ichigo was instantly drawn to one in particular. A nutcracker. It had white hair and a painted face. It was the classic nutcracker. Why did she feel this strange connection to it? Ryou walked up to her, but then something caught his eye and he walked over to it. However Ichigo couldn't take her eyes off the nutcracker. She held it in her arms with the most gentle of care. “You like it, Miss, an old hoarse voice said from the shadows. An old man emerged from the back room. Ichigo looked to see an old man that was skinnyand kind of hunched over. He had wild messy hair and eyes that reeked of mystery. Ye….Yes…it's very sweet. It looks like you put a lot of work into it.” Ichigo smiled brightly. “Oh Ryou, is that you my boy?” Uncle Drosselmier said taking a hard look at him. “Yes, it's me, how are you uncle drosselmier?”
Uncle Drosselmier rolled his eyes. “Oh, as well as to be expected I guess. I see you brought your special lady friend with you.” “Oh no! we're just friends!!!” Both Ryou and Ichigo were flipping out as they blushed furiously. “What a pity.” Drosselmier sighed in disappointment. There was an awkward moment of silence. “So, um, yes, Uncle Drosselmier we've brought your invitation to the Akasaka Christmas party” Ryou said at last handing him the invitation. “Hmph. Every year just like clock work. Always so boring. You know what I want for Christmas this year, Ryou my boy? I wish that things could be spiced up a bit.”
“You know I would if I could” Ryou smiled. “I know you would my boy.” But Drosselmier's attention was taken off Ryou. The whole time Ichigo was staring at the nutcracker. “My dear have you ever heard the legend of the nutcracker?” Uncle Drosselmier asked as a sly smile crept on his face.