Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ A New Evil ❯ A New Mew ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TOKYO MEW MEW OR TOKYO MEW MEW A LA MODE VOLUMES. POOR ME. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TRACK THEM DOWN. I ENVY ALL YOU LUCKY PEOPLE WHO DO HAVE THEM AND HAVE READ THEM.
NOTE: THIS IS MY FIRST CHAPTER, SO HAVE FUN READING IT AND DON'T FORGET TO REVIEW!!!
 
 
Hi, my name is Renai Sachi. I'm 14 years old and am currently being home-schooled. Normally, I would be attending normal middle school, but I was chosen to advance a few grades and ended up in high school ahead of everyone else. It's not that I couldn't keep up with the work or anything, I just couldn't stand the jerks that called themselves my classmates. So, I chose to be home-schooled. Much better than having to listen to moronic conversations all day long.
 
Don't get the wrong idea about me, I'm not obnoxious or anything, I'm just not afraid to speak my mind. Now, let's see, a little about me. Well, I like movies, books and truckloads of sugar, and I hate spicy foods and obnoxious jerks (aka: my school mates). Although I may be outright with my words, I tend to hide my emotions so I won't get hurt. Don't ask. I'm smart, but I don't take crap from anyone. I'm really into martial arts and I train myself. My favorite weapon is the sword, and I'm not too shabby with that, either.
 
Well, now you know me, but I guess it would be useful if you knew what I looked like, huh. I'm fairly tall, with long legs that those evil cheerleaders would be jealous of. Hehehe. I have long black hair that falls just below my breasts, and if the moon hits it just right, it shines a deep blue. How cool is that? Anyway, my eyes are deep blue, like endless pools of water, and thanks to them, it's really easy to keep people from seeing my feelings. I have pale skin that never seems to tan, and my parents say I have a really cute smile, when I so choose to use it. My clothes, well, they changed depending on my mood. Most of the time, though, I wear dark clothes to match my features.
 
Yup, pretty normal girl, right? That's what I thought too, up until a few hours ago, that is. Before my DNA was morphed into something different, something not human. Now I'm sitting on a bed in a room above a café. Some blonde dork keeps running in and out of here like there's no tomorrow, checking to see if I've changed back yet. There's another guy in the basement doing some research, but he's not a dork like the blonde one, he's actually quite the gentleman. Still, none of them have bothered to tell me their names yet. Rude little bums.
 
Anyways, your probably wondering how I got in this spot, right. Well, I guess it's easier just to start from the beginning. It all started when I was practicing my self-defense on a couple of punks. Then, I got hungry…
 
*****
 
“Four blockheads down, one to go,” I said, turning towards the last guy standing. Four idiots lay scattered behind me, each holding onto different parts of their body, wriggling in pain. The only one left was shaking so badly, I swear he would have fallen down with a light breeze.
 
About two minutes ago, these five buff jocks decided that they would disturb me while I was thinking about what movie I would watch tonight. It was a toss up between a chick flick or a horror movie. I was on the playground near my house and sitting on the swings. I guess they though I looked like one of those airheads in my former classroom, because they decided that they would go into flirting overload, using me as their dummy.
 
“Hey girly, what are you doing out here all on your own?” asked Jock #1.
 
Ok, that was strike one. No one in they're right mind ever calls me girly. I mean, I wasn't wearing girly clothes, so where the hell did they get that word from, especially to describe me. I was wearing long jeans that bunched up around my black skater shoes and a black tank top. Ok, ok, maybe I was dressed like a girl, but what else was I supposed to do, dress like a guy. HELL NO! But still, they didn't have to state the obvious.
 
I just sat there on the swing with an innocent look on my face, not saying a word.
 
“Aww, are you shy,” said Jock #2 as he put his hand on my shoulder. “Don't worry, you can talk to us.”
 
Strike two. Nobody, but nobody, invades my personal bubble.
 
“No thanks, guys. I'd rather eat my own feet than spend one minute with you,” I said rudely while smacking Jock #2's hand off of me. “And if you touch me gain, I promise you, you'll regret it.” Then I stood up and started to walk away.
 
“Hey hey hey, you're rather rude when you want to be,” said Jock #3. “But now you owe us something in return for being so mean. How about a date, my treat.” Then he wrapped his arm around my waist as the other guys looked on in delight.
 
Strike three. Now the fun begins.
 
“I warned you, but obviously, idiots such as yourselves wouldn't pay any attention. Oh well, your loss,” I said.
 
“What do you mean by-…. AAAAHHHHH!” screamed Jock #3 as I grabbed his arm and sent him flying into a nearby tree.
 
“Hey, you can't do that. Let's get her,” Jock #1 and 2 came rushing at me like they would on a football field. Just as they were about to tackle me to the ground, I dropped to my knees and swung my foot around in a circle, sweeping them off their feet in the process. Before they had a chance to get up, I gave them a swift kick in the side, sending them into a world of pain.
 
Jock #4 came at me before I had a chance to get up, so I gave him a strong punch in the stomach, which forced him to cough up his lunch and then collapse to the ground. Thankfully, I managed to move out of the way quick enough to escape the splatter of puke. Which now leads us back to Jock #5 shaking in his boots.
 
“I didn't do nothing, I'm just a bystander. Please don't hurt me,” begged Jock #5.
 
Normally, I would have shown no mercy, but he looked so pathetic that my good side kicked in. I stared at him, sighed, turned around and walked away. Almost immediately I felt two huge arms wrap around me and hold me in a bear hug. The stupid idiot hadn't run away like he was supposed to. Oh well, too bad for him.
 
“Wrong move sucker,” I said. “Now you get to become the next victim of SING, courtesy of Miss Congeniality, my favorite movie.”
 
A puzzled look came over Jock #5's face, and he said, “What?”
 
I almost laughed, and said, “Don't worry, it's simple. I'll show you. S stands for solar plexus,” I elbowed him in the stomach. “I stand for instep,” I stomped on his foot. “N stands for nose,” I punched him in the nose, causing it to bleed a little. “And finally, G stands for groin,” I elbowed him in the dick, causing his eyes to roll back in his head. His arms went limp, and I knocked him to the ground.
 
I walked casually to the park exit, then turned back to look at my handiwork. “Yup, I'm good,” I said to myself. Then, my stomach started to growl. `Great,' I thought to myself. `All that fighting has given me an appetite. I wonder where I can get some food round here.' I walked away, leaving all five jocks groaning on the ground. What a sight.
 
*****
 
I wandered around for a bit, looking for a hot dog stand, or something, anything that served food. You see, I get grumpy when I'm hungry, and sooner or later my blood sugar starts to drop. When that happens, I get weaker and weaker until I finally faint. It's a little problem of mine that I've had since birth. It's not anything as serious as diabetes, just a minor problem. But still, I didn't want to be caught in a situation like that any time soon, so I was a little desperate for some food. Luckily enough for me, my guardian angel was looking out for me today. Or… so I thought.
 
I eventually stumbled across a big and beautiful building that could have come straight out of one of my childhood picture books. It was dazzling and positively cute. I looked around, searching for something to tell me what this place actually was. I found an old flyer on the ground and picked it up, hoping to find a much-needed clue. The flyer was a little burry, but I could make out a picture of the building in front of me, along with a single word. “CAFÉ.”
 
All of a sudden, the building looked 10 times better than it had a moment ago, all because it had the word “CAFÉ” attached to it. “This must be my lucky day,” I said to myself as I walked to the front entrance. I tried to turn the handle and open the door, but it wouldn't budge. `Hmm, it must be stuck. Nothing I can't fix.” I looked around to make sure no one was watching me. Then, I braced myself, and gave the door a strong side kick. It burst open without making a sound. I laughed to myself a bit, and walked inside.
 
The lights were out, forcing me to stumble around in the darkness looking for the switch, all the while thinking, `Please don't be closed. Please don't be closed. PLEASE DON'T BE CLOSED!' I managed to crawl my way into the main room, at which time the lights came on. Motion-censored, gotta love it. There were tables all around, but the chairs were turned upside down on top of them. Not a good sign. My last chance was the display case where the cash register was. I slowly walked towards the case, only to find that it was empty of sugary treats.
 
My heart sunk to the floor. “No… no… why me? Why me?” I said to no one in particular. Just then, my grumpy side kicked in, and I started to have a major hissy fit. Normally, this doesn't happen. I'm a very controlled person, but I was really, REALLY hungry I started to stomp around in circles, pulling my hair out by the roots, saying, “This is so NOT FAIR! All I want is a little cookie! Is that so much to ask?” This went on for a good 30 seconds or so. Then… I got caught.
 
“Hey!” came a male voice from behind me,” How did you get in here! We're closed!”
 
I stopped in my tracks and turned around to find the owner of the voice. It belonged to the dork I mentioned earlier. He had blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. He was wearing a black vest, peach pants, black shoes and a red collar. He was what my old friends would call “super hot.” Unlike them, I need more than looks alone to fall for someone. I need to know their personality. But I swear, for a minute there, I felt like abandoning my hard-earned values, he was just so nice to look at. But then he opened his fat trap and ruined the moment.
 
“Great, another girl. That's all I need. I told you, we're closed, so why don't you just leave.”
 
Now that pissed me off. However, I tried my best to look sweet and innocent in the hopes that he would somehow offer me something to eat. “I'm sorry. I noticed that this was a café and was hoping that I could get something to eat,” I said.
 
“That's too bad, we're closed, which means no food. Now, just backtrack your way to the door and leave.”
 
I swear, if I had had the energy right then and there, I would have broken his nose for such a comment. Instead, I sent him the most evil glare I could muster, causing him to take a step back. `That's right, bucko, you better be afraid,' I thought to myself. “Fine,” I told him. “Then I'll just use your washroom and be on my way.” With that, I stormed past him, looking for the bathroom. I didn't really have to go, but I was holding on to the slim hope that I might find some food in this former café.
 
“Hey, wait!” called Blondie. “You can't go back there!” That's employees only!”
 
“Don't worry, I won't ruin your special bathroom,” I said sarcastically. Geez, what was with this dork.
 
I walked past a really cute statue of a cat. I decided that I would have to ask Blondie where to buy one before I left. It would look great in the corner of my room. But then, a blinding light started pouring from it. I covered my eyes and let out a gasp of surprise.
 
Blondie caught up with me just as the statue started glowing, and he looked just as surprised as me. I heard him mumble something that sounded like,” This isn't possible. The Mew Project has been offline for the past year. Why is this happening?” A man with brown hair and brown eyes, who was wearing a tuxedo, minus the jacket, joined him. Then everything went white. The light had completely surrounded me, and I couldn't see anything anymore.
 
I managed to stay calm, even though I thought I had gone blind. Then, two small shapes appeared in front of me. I let my hands fall to my side when I realized that I was looking at two animals. One looked like a fox, and the other was a type of bird. They looked at me with soft eyes, and then jumped into my chest. At first I was startled, but then I relaxed when a warm feeling came over my body. It felt like I was floating in a sea of peace. It felt so nice.
 
Eventually, the light faded, but the warm feeling still lingered. Blondie and the other guy were looking at me wide-eyed, as if I was the main attraction at a theme park or something like that. “What?” I asked.
 
Then I looked at the wall beside me, where a tall mirror was conveniently placed. My outfit had completely changed. I was wearing a black tank top with a heart shaped cut out just above my breasts with a black leather mini skirt. I had black lace-up boots that came to my knees, with cute black gloves. The jewellery consisted of a locket with a heart on it and a silver charm bracelet with dangling hearts. What can I say, I looked hot. But still, I didn't think it was enough to get two men to gawk at me so profusely. Then I noticed something that I hadn't caught before. How I missed it, I'll never know. I blame it on my hunger. It must have impaired my senses.
 
On top of my head were two long, pointy, furry red fox ears that twitched slightly with each new sound. Poking out of the back of my skirt was a long, bushy red fox tail with a white strip near the end. I must admit, these new additions were very adorable, and even matched my outfit. But that's not the point. The point was the fact that I now had extra body parts that were definitely not there before. Trust me, I would have noticed.
 
I turned to face the two men at the end of the hallway. “How… what… why… ears… and a tail… but…” All that came out of my mouth was a jumble of mismatched words. I took a deep breath to calm myself, then asked, “What the hell just happened?”
 
“Believe me, if I knew, I'd tell you,” snapped Blondie.
 
I glared at him again, then the brunette stepped up to me. “What my friend here means, is that even we don't know yet,” he said in a gentle, comforting voice. “But I promise that we'll try our best to find out, and then I'll make sure to tell you everything. Until then, please come with me.”
 
Now here was a guy after my own heart. I nodded my agreement, and followed him up a set of stairs, with Blondie following close behind.
 
*****
Which brings us back to my current predicament. I've been up in this room for about two hours now, and, like I said, Blondie keeps running in and out checking to see if I've reverted back to my normal appearance yet. But, obviously, I still look like I'm half fox. I've passed the time playing with my new limbs and thinking about how I'd be late for work. It should be around 7pm now, I think, and my shift at work starts in about an hour. I was never going to make it. Oh well, I'd just blame it on Blondie.
 
I was pulled out of my thoughts when both guys came into the room holding a few pieces of paper. I looked at them expectantly, waiting for one of them to say something. Sadly, it was Blondie who spoke up.
 
“Well, we've done a lot of research trying to find out why this happened to you, but it's still a little unclear. There is one thing we know for certain, though,” he said, looking all-important.
 
“And that would be…” I said impatiently.
 
“You are the newest member of Tokyo Mew Mew,” a smile came over his face as he said this. “Congratulations!”
 
Continued in Chapter 2…
 
NOTE: I HOPE YOU ENJOYED CHAPTER 1. I WON'T WRITE CHAPTER 2 UNTIL I GET AT LEAST ONE REVIEW, SO PLEASE, REVIEW!