Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Drowning in you ❯ Iris ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hello! I'm back again. Yes, I took forever. I'm sorry. I would have finished it yesterday or so, but the internet went out so I couldn't look up the lyrics I wanted to. This chapter features a famous song. It may seem overused, but as cheesy and lamely written as it may seem, it holds a lot of meaning for me. So... Here it is. Review if you'd like to.

Disclaimer: Tokyo Mew Mew is the sole property of Mia Ikumi. I don't own TMM, nor do I claim the rights for any part of this anime. The song is by The Goo Goo Dolls, and I do not claim to own them or the song, Iris. Please, no lawsuits. I don't even have enough money to get a lawyer!

******************************

And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you'll feel me somehow.

Kisshu's eyes opened. Lazily, he sat up and stretched, letting out a yawn.

"How long did I sleep?" he muttered.

"About four hours," said Tart. Kisshu jumped. He hadn't notice Tart come in to the room. Tart rolled his eyes at Kisshu's jumpiness. Maybe he should have gotten some more sleep.

"I wasn't asking you!" said Kisshu childishly.

"Then who were you asking?" demanded Tart. "Your shadow?"

That hurt. Taruto made it sound like Kisshu had no friends or something! Well, maybe he didn't. But it was better that way, right? Nobody to hurt him.

You're the closest to Heaven that I'll ever be
and I don't want to go home right now.

"Buzz off," said Kisshu, standing up and and stretching again. His back was sore from sleeping slumped over for so many nights. You'd think he'd have gotten used to it by then. But apparently, his back was telling him to just sleep in his bed for once, instead of propped against the wall with his head buried in his knees.

"Purin was asking about you," said Taruto, ignoring Kisshu's request. "She wanted to know where you'd been."

Kisshu's stomach clenched. He had no desire to go out and let everybody see him. He didn't want them to know how much Ichigo had hurt him, or else they'd think that he was weak. And Kisshu hated being treated like a weakling.

"It's none of her business," he snapped, then regretted it instantly as Taruto's face clouded over.

"Just cause you're in a bad mood doesn't mean you can pick on her!" he shouted. Kisshu scowled weakly.

All I can taste is this moment
All I can breath is your life.

"Whatever," said Kisshu with a dismissive wave of his hand, even though he knew Tart was right. "Did Pai ever come back?"

"Yup," said Tart. "He's working on some project or other. I think he's running a test on a blood sample. Ick!"

Kisshu agreed with Tart on that one. He didn't care much for the sight of blood. Actually, neither could Pai, unless it was for the sake of his beloved science. Sometimes Kisshu thought that Pai loved science above all else. Kisshu was actually jealous of a computer now. After all, Pai's technology spent more time with him than anything else! Imagine getting to be that close to Pai all the time!

'I'm just being stupid now,' Kisshu thought.

Cause sooner or later it's over.
I just don't want to miss you tonight.

"I'll go check up on him," he said casually. Tart nodded, furrowing his brow a bit. He knew that Kisshu prefered Pai to everyone else, but he couldn't see why. After all, Pai was always so dull to try and converse with. All he wanted to talk about was blood types, germs, and atoms. Tart couldn't even figure out what half the words Pai said meant. Not that he wanted to. It was probably just boring science.

Kisshu sauntered off down the hall, listening closely for the sound of somebody typing. Where there was typing, there was bound to be Pai.

Suddenly he heard a mechanical beeping from the inside of the machines Pai said he wasn't allowed to touch. Kisshu bit his lip, torn between wanting to see Pai and not wanting Pai to get angry.

Finally, Kisshu just sighed and pushed the door open.

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Kisshu entered the room carefully. All around him were beeping and glowing machines. The floor was littered with power wires, random bits of paper, and cords that didn't seem to belong anywhere.

Pai was standing in the corner, running something through a machine that cast the room into a vague red glow. Kisshu watched, fascinated, as Pai set a drop of red onto a white tray and set it inside the red machine.

A few seconds later, the machine glowed yellow and beeped. Pai scowled and swore under his breath.

When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am.

Kisshu watched as Pai repeated his previous actions, only to get the same result out of the machine. Pai growled and slammed his fist into the table the machine rested on. Kisshu winced at the noise.

Pai turned around as though looking for something, and seemed surprised to see Kisshu standing there. To avoid suspicion, Kisshu decided to ask a question.

"What's that machine supposed to do?" he asked, pointing at the machine Pai had just been using.

"It's supposed to analyze the blood and tell me about things like the blood sugar level and such," said Pai. "But right now, it's not working. I've got three different samples, and it gives me the same result for all of them. That isn't possible. I have no idea what's wrong with the stupid thing."

"Do you need help fixing it?" asked Kisshu.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't comin'
Or the moment of truth in your lies.

Pai blinked. Kisshu didn't usually offer to help.

"No," he said. "That's fine. But either way, what are you doing in here?"

"I was bored," said Kisshu. "And Tart said you were doing something interesting, so I wanted to watch."

"Alright," said Pai with a large sigh. "But don't touch any of the machinery, alright? Just sit there. And stay quiet too. I have to focus on this. Have you seen the wrench? I think the problem with the machine might be that something's come loose. I know I had it just a couple of minutes ago..."

When everything seems like the movies,
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive.

Kisshu joined Pai in searching for the wrench with a smile on his face. He loved to help Pai. Even before he'd been in love with him, Kisshu had enjoyed the times when Pai treated him as an equal, although he tried not to let it show.

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am.

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am.

I just want you to know who I am.
I just want you to know who I am.
I just want you to know who I am.
I just want you to know who I am.