Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Held Loosely ❯ Ryou the Genius ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Ryou the Genius 天æ‰
“Happiness courts thee in her best array; but like a misbehaved and sullen wench, Thou puts upon thy fortune and thy love.” -The Tragic Tale of Romeo and Juliet, William Shakespeare
“Honestly, Keiichiro, you know how long it takes me to find the stinking front door!” A tall blonde man who had answered the door said.
“Then hire maids to answer it for you.” Keiichiro grumbled. The blonde man turned to face me. Hey, he's pretty hot…Ugh! What am I thinking? He's my cousin!
“Ah! You're Komori, right? It's nice to finally meetcha'!” he said as he shook my hand.
“Same here, I'm sure.” I said quietly.
“Here, I'll try to give you a tour of the chateau, but knowing me, I'll probably get lost,”
Ryou chuckled to himself, “So I guess I'll just show you to your room for now.” He grabbed the luggage I had been carrying and said, “Follow me, guys.” Ryou led us through a labrynth of stairs and hallways until he came to the door to my room. He walked inside and laid the luggage onto a pink four-poster bed. I looked around the room in disbelief. Everything was…..pink….and…..frilly. Oh, dear God, I'm gonna be living in this room of pink!
“Sorry for all the …girlish décor, but it was the only room that was fit enough for someone to live in and I didn't have time to refurnish it.” Ryou apologized.
“Erm…That's all right. I guess I'll get used to it.” I said with a forced smile.
“I'll let you unpack. Come downstairs for dinner after you finish. If you get lost just use the maps on the wall.” Ryou said and left with Keiichiro. I flopped down on my Pepto Bismol-colored bed and began to unpack. In the room there was an armoire and a closet. I took all my clothes and somehow managed to jam them inside the armoire's drawers. I had to tackle the drawers a few times, but I made it all fit. Then I carefully took my prized guitar and sat it carefully inside the closet for safekeeping.
Meanwhile, downstairs…åŒæ—¶ï¼Œæ¥¼ 下
Ryou sat at the table in the kitchen with his face in his hands. Keiichiro put his hand on Ryou's shoulder.
“Ryou,” Keiichiro said, “Are you sure it's safe for her to be living here?” Ryou looked up and gave Keiichiro a small smile.
“She needed to come here, Keiichiro. My aunt said that it was her best chance to change.” Ryou said quietly.
“I know, but with all those experiments going on, do you think any would harm her…or change her? We don't want a repeat of seven years ago, do we?” Keiichiro whispered.
“I know, but I've been more careful about safety hazards lately. I don't think it's anything to worry about, Keiichiro,” he whispered, “Besides, the odds of a mew mew accident happening again are so slim.”
Back upstairs…回楼下 ;
After all the unpacking was done, I attempted to go downstairs. Well, after about twenty wrong turns and three temper tantrums, I finally made it to the kitchen. When I walked in, Keiichiro and Ryou were whispering something, about what, I could only guess. Ryou turned when he saw me and smiled.
“It didn't take you as long as I thought it would. I guess you have a better sense of direction than I do.” he said laughing. That night we had pizza for dinner, which threw me off just a bit.
“Sorry, I'm still trying to unpack all the cooking stuff.” Ryou laughed.
“Did you just move in?” I asked. Keiichiro snickered.
“Well, ah…no, I'm just too lazy to unpack it all.” Ryou said quietly with an embarrassed smile on his face. After dinner I was completely exhausted and went upstairs (after the usual wrong turns and such) to go to sleep.