Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 3 ❯ Alex VS Myrna Beesbottom: Part two ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
SCORE:(Myrna: 3200 / Alex: 2400)
 
Myrna: “So far all the evidence is pointed clearly towards your defeat, Alex.” (Bangs gavel) “I find you guilty of poor-dueling.”
 
Alex: “I'll find you a one-way kick in the face if you don't quit that court-talk. Now it's my move…”
 
(Draws)
 
Alex's thoughts: “Okay now, let's see. She has no cards in her hand, but that's the least of my worries. Her face down card could be a trap, but I can't worry about that either. I have to get a monster out on the field now or she'll hit me directly again.”
 
“Well, lucky for me I've been watching her and studying her moves-- That Super Robolady of hers can't gain any attack-points if it can't attack my life points. Heh, heh… I think I got a plan…”
 
Alex: “Now, I summon PANTHER WARRIOR, in attack-mode.”
 
(Atk: 2000/Def: 1600)
 
“And I'll throw two more cards on the field face-down. Let's see you top that, Judge.”
 
Myrna: “Should I be worried, for I'm not.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Now I reveal my face-down card, the Trap SIXTH SENSE!!(Japanese card only)
 
(Dice-block appears before Alex)
 
Alex: “Huh? What's this thing for.”
 
Myrna: “Quite simple, really. This trap allows me to pick two numbers between one and six. You are then required to roll that dice-block, and should you roll one of the two numbers I chose I'm allowed to draw the number of cards as the result. If however the result is wrong, I must discard that many from my hand.”
 
Alex: “All right then… make your choice!”
 
Myrna: “Very well… I select the numbers four and five.”
 
Alex: “Fine then… of course I could just roll another number, and then you'd have to discard the only card you have…”
 
Myrna: “Then roll and we will see.”
 
Alex: “Right… and away we go!” (Rolls die)
 
(Gets a three)
 
“Hah! Take that! Looks like the honorable judge didn't get her payroll.”
 
Myrna's thoughts: “Hmm! That's what she thinks.” (Eyes glow)
 
(Die changes to “five”)
 
Alex: “Huh? What the--”
 
Myrna: “Looks like someone didn't double-check. Too bad, now I am permitted to draw five new cards.”
 
(Draws5)
 
“Next I'll activate another one of my Robolady's special-abilities. By sending her back to the fusion zone, I'm permitted to summon a whole new monster; SUPERROBOYAROU!!
 
(Atk: 1200 / Def: 500)
 
“And by the way, my monster gains 1000 attacks points whenever he enters battle with a monster. Now go my Robo, and attack Panther Warrior!”
 
(Atk: 1200) Becomes (Atk: 2200)
 
Alex: “Not so fast… you've triggered my trap; SKULL DICE!!”(Rules Fudged)
 
(Dice-block rolls)
 
“This higher I roll the more your monster's attack-points are divided.”
 
(Note:the real Skull Dicereduces the ATK/DEF of all opponents'monsters by 100 x the roll of the die).
 
(Rolls “Six”)
 
“Alright!”
 
Myrna's: “Oh no you don't!” (Eyes glows, and the die changes to “one”)
 
Alex: “Hey! A one?! No way!”
 
(Mykan and Sabrina gasp)
 
Myrna's thoughts: “In this courtroom, I decide what goes on, she'll never be able to keep up with me.”
 
(Atk: 2200) VS (Atk: 2000)
 
SCORE:(Myrna: 3200 / Alex: 2200)
 
Myrna: “Once again, my dear, you are left without a single monster. Now then, I shall place one card face down, and end my turn.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “So much for that plan. Now I have to come up with something else and fast.”
 
(Draws)
 
Alex: “I play POT OF GREED… so I can draw two new cards.”
 
(Draws2)
 
Alex's thoughts: “Hey… my “Graceful Dice”, and my Time Wizard.” And I still have a face down card that can help me if things go wrong. If all holds together this turn, I may be able to turn things around.”
 
Myrna: “Are you just going to stare at your cards all day? Make your move!”
 
Alex:“Gee, someone's a little impatient. I summon, TIME WIZARD!!”
 
(Atk: 500 / Def: 400)
 
Myrna: “Time Wizard? Is that supposed to scare me?”
 
Alex: “No, but this will-- I activate the spell card GRACEFUL DICE!!”(Rules fudged)
 
(Rolls die)
 
“Come on… high roll...”
 
(Note the real Graceful Diceincreases the ATK of all your monsters by 100 x the roll of the die).
 
(Rolls “Six”)
 
“Yeah! It worked.”
 
Myrna's: “That's what you think. Hmm, mm, mm…” (Eyes glows, and the die changes to “one”)
 
Alex: “AA-AAH?! GAA-HA-HAA! What did I do to deserve this?!”
 
Sabrina: “Oh! Poor Alex. I've never seen her have such bad luck before.”
 
Mykan: “I know what you mean. I'm starting to have weird feelings about all this.”
 
Alex: “Oh well… minor setback. I can still use Time Wizard's special-ability. Go, “Time Roulette!”
 
(Arrow starts to spin)
 
“If I can just get a Time-Machine, I can still wipe the floor with your monsters, and do a good number n your life points.”
 
Myrna's thoughts: “When will she ever learn? She no longer has any control in these outcomes anymore.” (Eyes glow)
 
(Arrow slows down. Land on a “Skull”)
 
Alex: “Awe… COME ON!! This is just torture!”
 
Myrna: “Well now… it seems that your Time Wizard got his sentencing to the graveyard…”
 
(Time Wizard, destroyed)
 
“And now, you'll take damage equal to half the amount of it's attack-power.”
 
Alex: “Heh… as they say in the courts; I object to that. I reveal the Counter-trap, BARREL BEHIND THE DOOR!!”
 
Myrna: “Ah!”
 
Alex: “You got that right. With this little baby, I can reverse the effects of my damage so you take it instead of me.”
 
Myrna: “A nice objection, but I'm afraid that I will not allow it to pass. For now I activate my own counter-trap,SEVEN TOOLS OF THE BANDIT!!”
 
Alex: “Ah! Not that card?”
 
Myrna: “Yes indeed. Now I can pay 1000 of my life points in order to stop your Barrel Behind The Door card, and destroy it.”
 
SCORE:(Myrna: 2200 / Alex: 2200)
 
Alex: “Oh, no! this means that I do take the damage from my Time Wizard.”
 
Myrna: “Not quite… or have you forgotten about my Dark Room of Nightmare Card? It forces you to lose 300 life points when you take damage by another card's effect.”
 
SCORE:(Myrna: 2200 / Alex: 1750)
 
“It seems that the final verdict is nearly upon us. So finish your move.”
 
Alex: “GRR!! I'll place my last two cards face down, and end my turn.”
 
Myrna: “Things really don't seem to be going your way, my dear
 
(Draws)
 
“Hmm! You used POT OF GREED… and now I too shall use it.”
 
(Draws 2)
 
“I believe I hold the upper-hand now, as I hold six cards and you have none whatsoever.”
 
Alex: (Smirks) “Actually… thanks to you, now I have a chance to draw five cards. I activate my face-down Trap, GAMBLE!!
 
(Coin appears before Alex)
 
“Since you have at least six card in you hand, and I have less than too, by which I have none: I can use this trap. Now if I call this coin toss correctly, I can draw five extra cards.”
 
“Here we go…!” (Flips coin)
 
Myrna: “Hmm…”
 
Sabrina: “Mykan, what happens if Alex calls wrong.”
 
Mykan: “If Alex calls this coin toss wrong, not only does not get to draw any cards, but her next turn is skipped entirely, and she can't afford to let that happen.”
 
Alex: (Grabs coin) “Okay… I'm calling it heads.”
 
Myrna's thoughts: (Eyes glow) “Sorry my dear, but I can't let that happen.”
 
Alex: “AWWWWWWW… TAILS?!”
 
Sabrina: “No, not again?”
 
Mykan: “This is bad-- very bad!”
 
Alex: “AAH!! I can still do this, activate the quick-play card, SCAPEGOAT card.”
 
(4 Sheep tokens appear)
 
Myrna: “Your little furry friends are no threat to me. I'll have them dismissed from this courtroom in no time, and I shall start by playing another POLYMERIZATION!!”
 
Alex: “What? Not again?!”
 
Myrna: And now I shall fuse together another “Robolady” and another “Roboyarou” so I may summon back my SUPER ROBOLADY!!”
 
(Atk: 1200/ Def: 500)
 
“Now I shall have both my monsters take down two of your sheep-tokens. Super Robolady… Super Roboyarou-- attack!”
 
(Two tokens, destroyed)
 
“That's two down, and two more remain, but I shall place one card face down, and end my turn.
 
Alex: “Okay then… my move.”
 
Myrna: (Bangs gavel) “Objection! You called heads, but you had tails. You're turn is therefore skipped.”
 
Alex: “Oh, yeah… right.”
 
Myrna: “Now then… moving on…” (Draws) “Go my Super Robos and destroy her final tokens!”
 
(Last two tokens, destroyed)
 
Alex: “No… I'm completely defenseless.”
 
Myrna: “Not quite you aren't. First I activate my face down card, the trap ROYAL DECREE!!” (Bangs Gavel) “With his card out, all trap cards cannot be activated at all.”
 
Alex: “No traps? No way!”
 
Myrna: “Case closed! Do you admit defeat yet?”
 
Alex: “Forget it! No way `m backing down, especially from you, Beesbottom. I'm not going to give in, until one of us is beaten; bad luck or no bad luck.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “To be honest, I wish my luck just change. I'm running out of options here. I don't think I can beat her now.”
 
Outside the duel
 
Sabrina noticed that I seemed to be very deep in thought. “Mykan, is everything okay?” she asked me.
 
I gazed towards my wife and said, “I think there's more to this duel that just plain bad luck…” I explained to her how I had been watching Myrna's Judgeman body, and every time it seemed that Alex was having bad luck, I wasn't entirely sure but it looked as though her eyes were glowing.
 
Sabrina gasped softly, “You mean… she's cheating?”
 
I nodded my head, “She could be, but I don't have any evidence right now to prove it. Remember, I still can't use the Millennium-Necklace.”
 
This was really starting to worry us both. Alex was possibly being deceived but we couldn't prove it, and unless something happened to help Alex out… she'd lose the duel, and be trapped in the virtual-world forever.
 
Suddenly, a huge tube of light began to shin down from the ceiling at the foot of the jury-panel seats. “Hey, what give with the lights?” Alex asked.
 
Even Myrna was confused, for she wasn't responsible for this.
 
Just then, in a flash of digital sparkles appeared the same 12-year old kid we saw on our screens back on the ship. The same kid with the Digimon Emperor outfit, and the Millennium Key around his neck.
 
“Hey… that's Estevan.” I said.
 
Everyone's attention was focused on the young-boy, and he certainly did not seem pleased with something. Something very big.