Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 3 ❯ Alex VS Myrna Beesbottom: Part three ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
Master Estevan? Myra asked, “What brings you here?”
 
“Silence!” Estevan bellowed, and everyone winced at the roar of his voice. Then we saw him hold out his hand, “Time out! Stop the duel!”
 
Sabrina, Alex and I gasped in confusion.
 
“Hey, what's the deal?” snapped Alex.
 
Myrna looked as though she had just come face-to-face with the devil. “Estevan, you can't.” she cried. “I'm merely a few moves away from taking over this wretched brat's body.”
 
Estevan looked up to her with a sneer on his face. “You don't deserve that prize, Myrna Beesbottom.” he said sternly, “Not after the stunts you've been pulling.”
 
“Stunts?” Alex asked. “Wait a minute! You mean to tell me… that's she's a cheater?”
 
“I'm sad to say that it's true.” replied Estevan. “I've been watching the whole thing from my secret lair in the virtual-world, and the honorable Judge Beeswax here has been bamboozling you right from the start. She's tapped into my mainframe archives, and using my virtual-technology to tamper with the card effects.”
 
“The dice rolls… the Time roulette… even your coin toss! She's been control them all so that they always give her what she wants!”
 
Alex was pissed! “Why you-- You overgrown Fraud-Face!! How about I come up there and fix you!” she thundered and roared. “and here I thought you always abided by the rules!”
 
“But Master…” cried Myrna. “You must understand me. I could not bare the risk of losing to one of the spies again. I've lost tot hem too many times already. I want nothing more than to have them sealed away in his virtual nightmare, and I was willing to do anything to make it happen.”
 
Estevan was not convinced. “Your excuses bore me.” he snorted. “I hired you crooks with the understanding that under my leadership you would destroy Sabrina, and all her friends, but if there's one thing I won't tolerate, it's cheating.”
 
He went on to say that he too had at least some respect for the game of duel-monsters, “But if you cheat, I can't prove that I am truly more deserving than Sabrina.”
 
“What? More deserving than me?” Sabrina muttered, “What is he talking about?”
 
Estevan explained that he had been living in Sabrina's shadow, and how she had robbed him of everything he had hoped for. “I should be the rightful heir to the throne of her father's company!”
 
This struck me and Sabrina hard. This puzzle was starting to come together, but we still had barely a clue of what Estevan was talking about. Sabrina even wondered what she possibly could've done to hurt him. Especially seeing as how she never really hurt anyone in her entire life.
 
“Uh… excuse me.” Alex called, but nobody seemed to notice her.
 
Estevan grabbed his Millennium-Key and poised it towards Myrna. “It's time for me to do something I should've done the day I met you LAMOS.”
 
Myrna was shaking in her Judgeman appearance. “N-n-no, Master… wait!” she cried.
 
“HEY!!” Alex snapped.
 
Estevan gazed back at her. “What do you want?” he asked with attitude.
 
Alex then said, “Look… this may sound crazy, but I'm willing to forgive Judge-Fatso over there; as long as she agrees to duel fair and square.”
 
The rest of us all looked confused. “Alex?” I asked.
 
“You heard me.” Replied Alex. “Estevan… if you win, you still get to prove yourself, or whatever; and if I win, I get to prove that I don't let anyone get in my way. Cheat or no cheat.”
 
Estevan thought it over for a moment. “Fine then.” he said. “I hope you realize what you just did. I'll be watching…” then he disappeared in a flash of light.
 
“Whoa! Sure beats being Woohped all the time.” Alex said cheekily.
 
“You did here him, didn't you? asked Myrna. “You lose this duel and I still get to claim your body for my own.”
 
“Not if I win at this, so let's move on.”
 
Back to the duel
 
SCORE:(Myrna: 2200/ Alex: 1750)
 
Alex's thoughts: “Okay deck… this is it now… show me some love!”
 
(Draws)
 
Alex: “Perfect… just what I needed.”
 
Myrna: “Surely you jest. No card you have can save you now.”
 
Alex: “Yeah… well that's what you think, because I activate ROLL OF FATE!!” (Anime Card only)
 
(Dice-block rolls)
 
“Now I get to draw cards depending on the number I roll. Of course I have to remove from play the same number of cards from my deck, but it doesn't matter. With Estevan watching us, you can't cheat my roll this time.”
 
Myrna: “So it seems.”
 
(Rolls “Three”)
 
Alex: “Yeah… that's much better.”
 
(Draws 3, the removes 3 from the deck)
 
“Okay then… time for me to move my Deck Master. Flame Swordsman, go to the center of the playing field.”
 
(Atk: 1000/ Def: 1600)
 
“And now… I've taken about all I can of this courtroom, so I'm going to give up a little change of scenery. I activate the field-spell MAUSOLEUM OF THE EMPEROR!!”
 
(Courtroom morphs)
 
Myrna: “My beautiful courthouse! What have you done?”
 
Alex: “Nothing much, just a little of much needed change of tastes, but that's not all I'm going to do, because now I play the spell card RAINOF MERCY!! So now we each gain 1000 life points.”
 
SCORE:(Myrna: 3200/ Alex: 2750)
 
Myrna: “It makes no difference to me of what you do to our life points. Since you threw your Deck Master onto the field, once I attack it, you'll automatically lose the duel, and seeing as how weak it is, that shouldn't be much of a problem”
 
Alex: “Hey, hold on there. Sure he may look weak now, but don't you think I have a plan to change that? Well here it is… the Equip-spell BURNING SOUL SWORD!!”(Anime Card only)
 
Myrna: “Quite impressive, but you still seem to have forgotten something-- You need to sacrifice a monster to power up your swordsman attack-strength, and in case you haven't noticed, you haven't got any monsters.”
 
Alex: “Duh… you think I don't know that? That's why I'm putting all my faith in the last move. Now I play the spell ARDUOUSRISK!!”
 
Myrna: “What?!”
 
Mykan: “Whoa! That is a risky move.”
 
Sabrina: “The fate of the entire match all depends on this single move.”
 
Alex: “Okay now… first I draw two cards…”
 
(Draws 2, and she smirks)
 
“Now, you have to choose, right or left. If you choose a monster, I get to summon it right away.”
 
Myrna: “I'm well aware of all that, but trust that you are well aware of what happens if I choose a spell or trap card.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “Yeah, I know… that card would go to the graveyard and my swordsman would stay weak, but just wait until she sees what I've got in store for her.”
 
Sabrina: “How can Alex be so confident that her move will work? Even I myself dare not take any risks as this.”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “Hmm… I don't know. I think Alex may have something sneaky planned.”
 
Alex: “Well… you going to choose or what?”
 
Myrna's thoughts: “To be honest, I really don't know which I should choose. With Master Estevan watching I'm forbidden from cheating. Of course if I do select the proper card I'll have nothing to fear of.”
 
Alex: “Hey, I'm getting bored here. So choose already.”
 
Myrna: “Very well then… I choose the card on the right. My decision is final.”
 
Alex: “Really? Well then I got bad news for you… you just picked my RED-EYES BLACK DRAGON!!”
 
(Atk: 2400 / Def: 2000)
 
Myrna: “No! It can't be?”
 
Alex: “You bet it is. Now I can sacrifice him and add his power to my Flame-Swordsman.”
 
(Atk: 1000) Becomes (Atk: 3400)
 
“By the way… since I'm so nice all the time, I'm going to tell you something right here. I just outsmarted you, because the other card I had was this…”
 
(Reveals, “Yellow Spy-Girl”)
 
Myrna: “What? You mean… you had a monster in both your hands? Impossible!”
 
Alex: “That's right, Judge. I had two monsters the whole time, so no matter what you chose, it only helped me out. Oh and by the way… my Mausoleum field spell also lets me normal summon high level cards with sacrificing.”
 
Myrna: “What… no sacrifice?”
 
Alex: “That's right. All I have to do it is pay 1000 life points times the number of monsters I would normally have to part with. In this case, it would be two. So now I pay 2000 of my life points…”
 
SCORE:(Myrna: 3200/ Alex: 750)
 
“And now I summon YELLOW SPY-GIRL!!” (Mykan card only)
 
(Atk: 2300/ Def: 2000)
 
“And thanks to her special ability… I can pay one quarter of my life point…”
 
SCORE:(Myrna: 3200/ Alex: 563)
 
“And now I can net you 200 points of damage for every single card you have on the playing field.” (This shall be Yellow Spy-Girl's effect from now on)
 
Myrna: “Ah!”
 
Alex: “Let's see now… you've got three spells … two monsters … and one trap. Since you lose 200 for each one that means you lose 1200 points like that.”
 
SCORE:(Myrna: 2000/ Alex: 563)
 
Myrna: “No!”
 
Alex: “Now that that's dealt with-- Flame Swordsman… Yellow Spy-girl… destroy her two monsters and wipe out her life points!”
 
(Atk: 3400) VS (Atk 1200…becomes… Atk: 2200)
 
(Atk: 2300) VS (Atk: 1200)
 
“You… are… out of here!
 
Myrna: “No… NO!!”
 
FINAL SCORE:(Myrna: “0000”/ Alex: 563)
 
 
Myrna screamed in anguish as her body began to flare up and digitize her off the field. “AAA-AAAAAH…!!” her voiced echoed out, and she was gone along with the duel images.
 
Sabrina jumped for joy. “Alex, you did it! You won!” I called to her.
 
Alex ran over to us and we exchanged a big victory group-hug. “I guess this teaches you that cheating isn't the way.” Alex said cheekily. Then she noticed, “Hey… where are all the others.”
 
Sabrina and I gasped. Clover, Sam, and Mandy were still missing. For all we knew they could've been dueling the other LAMOS as we spoke. “Well what are we sitting around here for, lets go!” snapped Alex, and she sped out of the courtroom.
 
“Alex wait for us.” I called as Sabrina and I ran after her.
 
We had to find the others, and fast before something else bad happened.