Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ A World Divided: A Transformers Prequel ❯ Darkest Hour ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Cybertron, home of the Transformers. For eons, it has lived in peace. But as it’s people are divided into two factions, Cybertron is ravaged by war. The evil Decepticons are led by Megatron, who started this war in hopes that he could rule a new Cybertronian empire. The heroic Autobots, led by Sentinel Prime, fought to make sure this never happened. The battle being spoken of, was supposed to be the last. “Decepticons, ATTACK!” Megatron shouted as both factions ran towards each other, determined to slaughter every member of the other faction. No faction would rest until every spark of the other faction was extinguished. Sentinel Prime was a strong leader, both mentally and physically. His right hand man was Optimus, who Sentinel had chosen to take over as leader of the Autobots in the event of Sentinel’s death. Iacon, a once thriving city-state, was now covered in bodies of both Autobots and Decepticons. That was their battlefield. More Autobots and Decepticons were killed in this battle, but it was not over yet. Sentinel Prime engaged Megatron in combat. “You are the last of the Primes and shall now be exterminated!” Shouted Megatron.
“You should think things through before you say them Megatron!” Sentinel shouted as he knocked Megatron over. “Optimus, over here!” He called to Optimus. “What is it, sir?” Optimus asked Sentinel. “I have to leave Cybertron, this space bridge technology cannot fall into the wrong hands.” Sentintel told Optimus as he got ready to board the Ark. “But what about the Matrix of Leadership?” Asked Optimus. “From here on, you are the leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime.” Sentinel then handed Optimus the Matrix of Leadership. “Protect it with your life.” Sentinel told Optimus Prime as he left Cybertron. He prepared the space bridge, but was then attacked by Decepticons, and the Ark was destroyed by Decepticon ships, led by Starscream. “HAHAHA!! The Prime is dead!” Screamed Starscream as he flew away. Optimus put the Matrix of Leadership inside his chest. Ironhide then appeared behind him. “Optimus, what’s going on, where’s Sentinel?” Optimus looked at Ironhide as if he were confessing to a crime. “Dead, he was killed by Starscream.” Ironhide had a look of shock on his face. “Well, what are we gonna do now?” Optimus knew as leader he had to do what’s best for the Autobots. “Gather up the Autobots, we have to see the council.”

The Autobots arrived at the council’s building. Some Autobots such as Sideswipe weren’t too happy about retreating from a battle that was supposed to be their last, but they had to follow Optimus’s orders as he was acting leader. They went before the council. “Optimus, where is Sentinel Prime?” Asked Councilman Safeguard. “He’s dead, and he left me with the Matrix of Leadership.” Councilman Dion looked upon Optimus. “Then he must have intended for you to be the next leader of the Autobots.” Optimus looked up as he kneeled before the council. “But I am not ready to lead the Autobots.” Safeguard looked upon Optimus. “Sentinel said the same thing, but he led as best he could, so arise, Optimus Prime.” Optimus rose, and took his place as leader of the Autobots.