Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ A World Divided: A Transformers Prequel ❯ One Shall Stand ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Darkness. The only light shining on Cybertron was the light generated by Energon powered lights. Optimus Prime was preparing to lead his army of Autobots into combat against Megatron and his Decepticons. Optimus felt slightly responsible for Sentinel Prime’s death, but knew he must continue fighting if Cybertron was ever to have peace. The Autobots rolled up to the battlefield that had once been Iacon. His Autobots transformed and stood ready for battle, but something wasn’t right. The Decepticons looked calm and collected. This wasn’t like them. Ironhide was growing impatient. “That’s it, I’m sick of waiting for them to attack, let’s go!” As multiple Autobots charged to attack, multiple aerial Decepticons flew over the battlefield ready to attack. They dropped bombs on the Autobots. They then transformed and attacked the already delirious Autobots. “ENOUGH!” Optimus shouted. “MEGATRON, SHOW YOURSELF!” Megatron stepped out of the smoke, prepared to fight to the death. “So the new Prime is ready for a one-on-one fight to the death.” Megatron knew Optimus’s confidence was low. “One shall stand, one shall fall!” Megatron was surprised at this new confidence. “I’ll crush you with my bare hands!” Megatron and Optimus charged at each other as the rest of the Autobots engaged in combat with the Decepticons. Optimus fought bravely, even knowing Megatron’s strength. Megatron got the upper hand and knocked Optimus to the ground. “I would’ve waited an eternity for this, it’s over Prime.” Just then, Incinerator shot Megatron from behind. Megatron then shot and killed Incinerator, giving Optimus time to punch Megatron from behind. “I’ll finish you later Megatron, AUTOBOTS, FALL BACK!” The Autobots transformed and left the battlefield.

Optimus made a journey to Vector Sigma in the center of Cybertron. “Optimus Prime, why have you come here?” Optimus wondered how to answer that question. “Vector Sigma, I need to know how to defeat Megatron.” “The truth is Optimus, Cybertron is becoming unable to support life, due to the dark Energon.” Optimus stared into Vector Sigma. “So how do I defeat Megatron?” “You must leave Cybertron, and find a planet rich with Energon, otherwise, Megatron will be victorious.” Optimus was shocked. “No, Cybertron is not beyond saving and I’ll prove it to you!” And as the Autobot leader returned to the surface, he worried that the supercomputer at the core of Cybertron may be right.