Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Beast Wars: Hidden Repaints ❯ 3: Visitations ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

BEAST WARS: HIDDEN REPAINTS

Chapter 3: Visitations

A TMUK PRODUCTION by Charles "RocketBoy" Reilly

EARTH: THE AXALON: 2, 000, 000 BC

Onyx had been there for the equivalent of one Earth week. It was one of the most tedious and aggravating weeks of Optimus' life.

Sure, the new Maximal was a good fighter, smart and a more direct warrior than Packrat, and had successfully driven off several Predacon attacks. But he was also arrogant, challenging authority and the other Maximals more than Dinobot ever had.

And he had a beef with Optimus. Onyx just had to prove he was the better Primal, that he should be in charge, that Optimus was incompetent. Optimus didn't know why and he didn't give a slag. He just wanted Onyx to start being a team player before he got someone killed.

Cheetor didn't like the bat and tried to stay out of his way. Rhinox looked on in disapproval. Rattrap wasted no time in directing insults at "The Revenge of Ratbat's Ego". Dinobot… Optimus was concerned about Dinobot. He seemed angry with the newcomer but didn't try to fight him. This was a side of the raptor he'd never seen.

Packrat liked Onyx but that was of no concern. No, what really angered him, what really tore out his spark, was the fact that Airazor and Tigatron supported Onyx.

Those two were the most peaceful of the Maximals, and the most in-tune with their beast modes. But what everyone had forgotten was that beasts in packs would witness leaders getting challenged often, and would expect a fight. If the old leader shirked this, why, that was a sign of weakness. So they were beginning to think of Onyx as a better leader.

Optimus didn't know what to do, so he just placed Onyx on patrol duty a lot, as he had with Packrat. This wasn't working, for Onyx would occasionally disobey orders and head for the Axalon whenever he felt like it.

This couldn't last. Soon, something would have to give.

EARTH: THE AXALON: 2, 000, 000 BC

Rhinox yawned and sat back in his chair. All the grids were quiet, and with Onyx & Packrat out, it was relatively peaceful in the base.

WARNING. TOP PRIORITY SITUATION. TEMPORAL ANOMALY DETECTED IN SECTOR CRYWAY.

" WHAT?! What type of anomaly? "
ANOMALY APPEARS TO BE A MODIFIED TRANSWARP. ALIEN SIGNATURES DETECTED.

" Alien? " Rhinox frowned and activated his comlink. " Onyx Primal, Packrat: we have an emergency situation. There's a Transwarp open in Sector Cryway; investigate it! "

EARTH: THE DARKSIDE: 2, 000, 000 BC

Megatron frowned, and turned from his computer. " Interesting. Could Cybertron have tracked me down this soon? No, we made sure the Maximals couldn't signal those probes. " He smiled. " And if people in our time can't locate us like this, it must be from another time, yesssssss… VICE GRIP! "
The beetle pulled out his slouch and saluted.

" Take Fractyl with you and secure whatever came out of this warp! If what I suspect is true, we could get a neat little advantage, yesssssss… "

" On it! But… Fractyl? "

" He spends too much time working on rock and dirt. He should be out in the field more, become worthy of the Predacon name. Otherwise, he isn't fit to be online here! "
" Gotcha… "

EARTH: SECTOR CRYWAY: 2, 000, 000 BC

Back at this slagging mountain. Wasn't this déjà vu?

Onyx was in beast mode, but he was ready to transform in an instant. He had to be. There was no doubt in his mind; the Tripredacus Council had tracked him down. He'd been a fool to try and escape…

Primus, if it was Death's Head again, or Ravage…

He could hear Packrat whinging about the climb. He growled back a reply, telling him to stay behind then.

"And have ya find that weird object first? Not a chance, Onyx Primal!. 'Course, ya could always fly us up... "

Onyx snorted. " Sure, and get shot down. "

" Oh yeah, this is Pred territory, " said Packrat.

" It wasn't the Preds I was worried about. " he said quietly. He transformed and cocked his gun. " Say, why don't YOU go on ahead. "

" Whoa, no ya don't! I'm not getting slagged in some Pred ambush, buddy! " he sniffed the air and frowned. " I smell Pred… "
Onyx tightened the grip on his gun. And then he saw it.

" There's some sorta device over there… "

" YOINK! "
Packrat zoomed over, grabbed in his mouth and had it yanked away by Onyx.

" Ah, go suck on a turkey neck, " he mumbled.

He turned it over in his hands, trying to figure out what it was. It was an orb, smooth and black, with little pits in it that were faintly glowing with red light.

" Strange, seems almost organic. I'd say it's some sort of... plot device. But unusual design. Alien, or some sorta future design. "
Well, at least this means I'm not dealing with the Tripredacus Council. Even if this IS Cybertronian, it's way too advanced to be anything from our era. And they wouldn't spend millennia just trying to find me…

BLAM
KEEPOW!

" Aw, no! It's Fractyl and Vice Grip! PACKRAT, MAXIMIZE! "
" Don't even THINK about running. " Onyx fired into the sky and growled, " unless you want Preds to steal our plunder. "
" Slag THAT! "

Up above, Fractyl and Vice Grip hovered in the air, peppering the ground with electric blasts and shrapnel. The plan was to keep them AWAY from the cause of the anomaly, until the rest of the Predacons showed up.

" I really hate this, " said Fractyl. BLAM " I really *BLAM* do… "

" Don't worry, these Maxies aren't going anywhere. They can't hit us from their position. " He grinned nastily and yelled " HEY! BRAWN IS DEAD! "
For a few seconds, the firefight stopped. Then it started up again, more furious than before.

" That was extremely rude, Vice Grip. "
Packrat was cowering under overhanging rocks, firing blindly. " I feel like a red shirt from Star Trek… "
" Shut up and RUN! "
Too late. Vice Grip's missiles hit the rocks, causing a small landslide. Onyx and Packrat were buried.

Above the battlefield, Airazor flew with Rattrap perched on her back. Optimus, while knowing that Onyx could hold his own, didn't wager that Packrat would, so he'd ordered for reinforcements. He himself was heading for the battlefield; he didn't want another Predacon victory.

" Do we HAVE to save 'em? " groaned Rattrap. " They're utter pegwarmers! Screw 'em with a Phillips head. "

" I'll pretend I didn't hear that, " she said. " MAXIMIZE! "

Onyx arose from the dirt like a demon king.

" AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! "
Optics glowing madly, he pulled Packrat out and began firing again.

" I will take vengeance for THAT HUMILIATION! "
" Not alone, " said Packrat. " Here comes Ratface and Airazor! "

" I don't need them. "

He pulled out his sniper laser. One quick blast and he'd clipped the jets of their attackers.

They plummeted towards the ground-

" SSSSSSSSSLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGG! "

-and burst to pieces.

Airazor and Rattrap finally arrived. Onyx and Packrat were looked intolerably smug.

" Took yer time, repaint, " sneered Packrat.

" Who are YOU calling a repaint?! "
Onyx chuckled. " Try to show up BEFORE the battle's over next time. "

" Whatever… Did either of ya slag-suckers find whatever caused that time wossname? "

Onyx pulled it out. " No idea what it is, " he said. " Looks like the bastard of a Transwarp driver and a Quintesson. "

" Well, the battle is over, " said Airazor. " Let's depart before anymore Predacons show up- "
The ground exploded beneath their feet.

If Onyx had been a demon king, then this new figure was Unicron himself.

" LOOK OUT! "
BLAM

BLAM
BLAM

The Maximals fell as one, their armour punctured and smoking. This strange new comer put her gun away and switched to a strange chemical sprayer. She was tall and lithe, with a sneering purple face and an ebony ant disguise.

" Where is the device? You will tell me. Or you die. "

" Rattrap has it, " said Packrat feebly.

" SHUT UP! "
Airazor looked up and groaned. Megatron and Waspinator were heading for them. Onyx could see them too…

" He has it! " He pointed to Megatron.

The ant hissed in glee and turned to face the tyrannosaur. Megatron stopped and stared down at her quizzically.

" Well, what have we here? "
" Wazzzpinator see many body partzzz. And none of them Wazzzpinator's! Oh, happy day! "

Her eyes narrowed. " Megatron… "

" And who, my dear devastating ant-shaped damsel, might you be? "

" I am ANTAGONY! Herald of the Destruction! Herald of Shokaract! And you will hand over the device or perish. "

Megatron thought quickly. Judging by the state of the Maximals around her, Antagony was extremely powerful. Powerful enough to slag him, anyway. And he didn't have the device she was after, but he doubted that would stop her. He needed a distraction…

Optimus Primal was flying towards them. He smiled.

" Shut me offline if you wish, but know that my ally Primal will enact revenge. And he is more powerful than this Shokaract, yesssssss… "
" That remains to be seen! " Antagony opened fire on Primal. " None shall blaspheme by claiming to be stronger than Shokaract! "

Optimus shuddered under the fire. " Well, this is just PRIME… "

He fired his missiles at her feet, knocking her off balance. She roared and fired a blast of acid. It was a mere glancing blow but it dissolved the side of his right shoulder.

" ARGH! "
" Such an excellent display of destruction, " said Megatron.

" And none of it happening to Wazzzpinator! HOORAY! "

Optimus had landed and was pounding Antagony. She sniggered and holstered her weapon, before slashing him across the chest. He didn't scream; he just fired his blaster, point-blank range, into her thorax.

She went down.

Megatron grinned. " Ah, such sport. Now then… "
He reached down and picked the device from Onyx's hand. Waspinator had Rattrap at gunpoint. And the gunner was too damaged to fight back.

" Optimus, you have a choice. You let us depart, taking this alien device and the fallen Antagony with us… Or the rat dies. "

Onyx groaned. " SLAG IT! Shoot him, you dumb ape! You can't let the Preds walk off with this, they could gain a huge advantage! "
Optimus nearly growled. " Shut UP, Onyx. There's a life at stake here. Fine, Megatron. Take your spoils and go. "

Megatron smiled and left, carrying Antagony in his jaws. He tossed the device over to Waspinator

As I anticipated. Now you are MY hostage, Antagony. I shall take you back to the Predacon base. And there we shall learn what destruction you herald -- and what indeed your true mission is!

TO BE CONTINUED