Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Beast Wars: Hidden Repaints ❯ 4: Territorial Disputes ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

BEAST WARS: HIDDEN REPAINTS

Chapter 4: Territorial Disputes

A TMUK PRODUCTION by Charles "RocketBoy" Reilly

EARTH: THE AXALON: 2, 000, 000 BC

" So you have no idea why Antagony was here? "
" None, Rhinox. " Optimus sat down and put his hand over his optics. " Another win to Megatron. "
" Well, he may have the device, but Rattrap did say Antagony was going to attack Megatron. So he won't be able to use her against us, and he does keep her out of our fur. "
" I hope so, old friend. How long before the others are finished in the CR Chamber? "
" About another 4 cycles, " said Rhinox. " We'll be able to quiz them fully about what happened. "

Tigatron and Dinobot were losing the greatest challenge of their lives; a poker game with Cheetor. Dinobot was beginning to think it was Rattrap in disguise.

" I have the Ultra Magnus of Sparks, " said Dinobot.

" GAH! " Tigatron flung his cards to the floor. " I fold! "
Cheetor smirked and lay down a full spread of cards. Dinobot growled.

" I don't know why I bothered to play this ridiculous game! "
" Ah, you're just miffed coz ya lost!

" How DID you become so good at this? " asked Tigatron.

" Hey, you spend a few decacycles on a starship with only Rattrap to play with, and you start to become good too. And you get the ability to spot cards hidden in his cogs. "

Optimus walked into the room and coughed. " We have a meeting in the control room in 2 cycles. We need to work out what to do about the Predacons new advantage. "

" Gotcha. "

Onyx stepped out of the Chamber and flexed. Everything seemed working. Good.

" Onyx, " said Optimus. " Airazor and the others have already come out and given us their version of events; what are yours? "
" Hmmm… Oh wait, I know! A stupid ape came along and gave Megatron an advantage! Yep, that pretty much covers it! "
His optics narrowed to slits. " I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sorry that you felt I should have let Rattrap die. I'll try to be more sparkless in future. "
" Stop trying to cover up your FAILURE, " he sneered. " If you were a real leader- "
" Well, I don't see YOU offering to do better. "
" Yeah? You will. " He sat back in one of the chairs and said, " I quit. "
Silence.

" You're quitting?! And joining whom? "
" No one. I'm going to form my OWN little gang of Maximals. "
" Sounds good to me! " said Packrat. " See ya later, slagheaps! "
Optimus groaned and threw his hands into the air. " Two of you, with no base, against nine Predacons? "

" Four of them, Optimus. "

He turned around slowly. Tigatron and Airazor were standing up, their faces hard and unmoving. They walked over to join Onyx.

Optimus could feel the oil drain from him.

" It's nothing personal, " said Tigatron calmly. " We just feel that Onyx's leadership guarantees more success. It is natural that we would side with him. "
Onyx had no actual mouth, at least not a visible one. But you knew he was smirking. It was in his posture, his eyes, his voice.
" The ayes have it, monkey. "
" You are a FOOL! "

It was Dinobot. He leapt up, knocking his chair over. He was angry.

" You believe you can defeat an armed and ruthless adversary with four members? You believe that you can defeat an elite force of Predacon assassins on you own, outnumbered? You find it acceptable to leave your team mates weakened in numbers so you can sate your bloated EGO?! "
Onyx strode over to Dinobot and jabbed his finger into the raptor's face.

" You want to stop me, lizard? "
" You are a dead Maximal walking, " he whispered. His eyes bored into Onyx's skull, stripping away the code inside it. " Your plan is doomed to failure, and I will be there when you realise that. I'll be there to watch Megatron remove your core processor. "

Onyx stepped back and folded his arms. " Not going to happen, " he said. " We're moving out, team. And we'll show these bots how real Maximals fight. "

10 cycles later, the four of them walked from the Axalon in beast mode, their belongings and equipment strapped to their backs. Onyx was feeling smug. He'd done it! He'd finally proven he had the right plan; even Tigatron and Airazor knew it!

"How real Maximals fight"? He laughed at this. He was a Predacon, one with a long history of killing and these Maximals were following him blindly. Primus, what fools these mortals be.

" So what do we do first? " asked Packrat.

" What Optimus should have done. First, we make a base. Then… we get back the stuff Megatron stole! "

" Let 'em go! "

Cheetor nodded. " Rattrap's right! " he said. " We don't need Packrat and Goat-Sucker! "
Optimus sighed. " But we do need Tigatron and Airazor. Now there's 5 of us again, outnumbered and outgunned. "
" They'll come back! Big Cat will realise that Onyx is full of slag soon enough! "
" Will he? "
Dinobot said: " Yes. Onyx is a skilled fighter, but he is no leader, much less a warrior. "

" A fighter but not a warrior? " Rattrap snorted. " There's a difference. "
Dinobot looked puzzled at this. " Of course. A true warrior is one with honour, skill and a cold edge. And purpose. A fighter just has to fight well. "

Rattrap shrugged. " Is this Zen or somethin'? "

" We have no time for this, " said Optimus firmly. " We need to strengthen our defences, more than ever now. And hope that Onyx's foolishness doesn't result in a slaughter. "

EARTH: THE DARKSIDE: 2, 000, 000 BC

Tarantulus knelt over the offline Antagony and stroked the steel lovingly.

" Exquisite… "
" Wouldn't be thinking of a little spark-crossing with the offline, would we? "
The spider froze at the voice of Megatron. " Erm… Aha… "
The tyrant stepped out and studied the room. Antagony was laid on top of a metal bench, wires protruding from her head and connecting up to the many computers. It was a technological parasite, feeding on her mind. Her eyes were dark but her scowl was still there, and in the dim light of the computers she looked eerily alive.

" Ah! Perfect! Equipment to keep her offline but alive, so we can search through her databanks without her needing to be online, yesssssss… " He studied it for a moment. " It seems strange that you had one so readily available, Tarantulus. " His voice took on a knife's edge. " Almost as if you were planning to plunder the mind of someone among us. Maybe to find out the contents of a certain DISK… "

Tarantulus clenched his fist. How did he know? He ALWAYS seemed to know, the stupid reptile…

" Now, what progress have you made on the captive? "
" Not much, Megatron, " he said. " Her mind is advanced beyond any Predacon I know of, and she seems to have safeguards in place. POWERFUL ones. Whatever she is and whatever time she originates from, she was built to be an unstoppable, determined killer. "
" Ah, my kind of fembot, yesssssss… Keep working on it, Tarantulus. "
" Surely I should work on the device as well? "
" No, I can deal with that. I have knowledge of technology, and I can always use Fractyl's knowledge, for once. And do you REALLY think I would trust you with it, when Antagony made it obvious it contained much power? I only trust you with the mind probing because I have all the shell programs and mind controlling devices hidden from you! "

He strode out, leaving Tarantulus to grumble and hiss and plunder minds.

TO BE CONTINUED