Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Generation Gunsmoke ❯ Approaching Danger ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Standard Disclaimer: Not mine, no money, poor as hell, don't sue me…

Generation Gunsmoke: Chapter XXI

Approaching Danger

A myriad of scars greeted Meryl's eyes as she looked across the room at the man shrugging into his clothes. "It wasn't fair," she thought briefly. While she was showing her age, Vash still looked no older than thirty. "He's not a real human," a voice in her mind whispered. "He something else, entirely different, pretending to be human." A soft sigh escaped her lips, barely audible in the silence of the room.

"Something wrong, Meryl?"

"No, nothing's wrong, Vash. I'm just a little tired, that's all."

Vash walked back to the bed and sat on its edge, reaching out to brush the bangs from her eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't make it last long enough, did I? He looked at her with a hurt expression while reaching for the buttons on his shirt. "I'll make it up to you, right now."

Meryl pulled the sheet tightly to her chest and swiped at his head with her hand. "I haven't said that I was dissatisfied with you." She huffed in annoyance. "I'm just tired. Gee, why do men always have these performance issues about sex?"

"I'm sorry, I just want it to always be as good for you as it is for me." Vash shrugged his shoulders and grinned at her.

Meryl frowned at him briefly before continuing, "Vash, not once in all the years that we've been together have I ever complained about making love with you."

"Well, there was that time that you complained about having carpet burns…" he laughed as Meryl turned a bright shade of red.

She giggled briefly at the memory, then sobered as she realized that at least 20 years had passed. Meryl sighed as she reached out to stroke the side of Vash's face. "That was so long ago, wasn't it?" Meryl lowered her head to his shoulder and sighed again.

Comprehension dawned on Vash as he realized what troubled her. "You know, I have never regretted any of the time that we've spent together." He stroked her shoulders and hair, trying to reassure her.

Meryl's eyes glittered with unshed tears. "I don't want you to think that I feel badly about the time we've spent together." Her grip tightened around his mechanical arm. "You warned me this day would come, but I stubbornly insisted that I would be able to deal with it." She sniffed again. "This is harder to deal with than I thought it was going to be."

Vash held her tightly, trying to reassure her with soothing sounds, and wondering what else he could do to help. "You know, I think it's just being back in this place," he began. "It holds more unhappy memories for us than anything else." He paused thoughtfully for a moment before continuing, "Let me arrange for you and Nickie to go back to December with the next caravan."

She jerked away and look at him in anger. "I am not leaving you here to face that monster alone. You listen to me, Vash the Stampede, and you listen good. I told you I was not going to leave you and I meant it. I was here when you struggled to come to grips with Legato's death. I was here when these people wanted to kill you. I was here when you left to confront Knives, and I was here when you brought him back. Her violet eyes snapped with fury as she continued her tirade. "You can damn well be sure that I will be here when Knives is found." She jumped to her feet, dragging the sheets with her, "I will not be packed off and lose you again like what happened after Augusta."

Vash smiled gently up at her, watching her chest rise and fall in anger. "So, what you're saying is you love me too much to leave me?" He shook his head sadly for a moment. "I am worried about your safety. This time around, it will be worse. I don't know if any of us will leave this desert alive."

"I know, this time around Knives will die." She looked out the window into the distance. "And I know that more of us may die." She turned back to study his reaction to her next words. "Vash, you know that Knives must be destroyed. He is too dangerous to live any longer."

"No one has the right to decide who lives or dies; not you, not me, and not anyone else. That is God's decision." Vash rose slowly from the bed and looked down into Meryl's eyes. "I can't kill my brother."

"It doesn't matter," she replied softly. "I believe that Lazarus, his mother, or one of the twins has more than enough motivation to kill him." Meryl leaned against him and hugged him tightly. "We could walk away, right now and no one would think the worst of you."

"I can't. I can't just walk away. Knives has destroyed too many of the people I care for."

"But Vash, you just said you couldn't kill him."

"I know that, but he can't continue to toy with innocent lives any longer. I have to try to find a way to save everyone, and if not, then I have to find a way to accept what happens and put it behind me."

Meryl looked up into his eyes. "You are sounding dreadfully like the priests at home. Are you sure you don't have a secret desire to don black and take up a cross?"

"No, that's just something Wolfwood told me a long time ago. Part of mortal life was learning from our mistakes and accepting that there were things we couldn't change. Either you learn from and put those things behind you and move forward or you suffer."

"That sounds like something he'd have said." Meryl smiled. "When did he tell you that?"

"Just before he walked into that church in Tonim Town and died."

"Oh Vash, I'm sorry. This just hasn't been a very good day has it?" Meryl hugged him again. "You're right, it's this place. It must be haunted. You started out trying to cheer me up and look what's happened… Now you're all depressed."

"It's ok. I understand how you feel. I have seen the differences between us. I don't know how long I'll live. Plants do have a finite life span, I just don't know how much time that is." He paused long enough to pull her away from his chest so he could gaze into her eyes. "I promise you this though, I will not willingly leave you as long as you want me around."

"Not even when I am old enough to be your great grandmother?"

"Not even then."

Meryl smiled and nodded before standing on tiptoe to place a soft kiss against his lips. She didn't resist when Vash drew her further into his embrace and deepened the kiss. Her hands crept up and tugged the buttons free on his shirt.

Vash backed slowly across the room until they reached the edge of the bed. Once there, he tugged the shirt from his shoulders and cast it aside. With Meryl's help, he slid free of his pants. She dropped the sheet from her body and lay back on the bed. Her arms reached for him in silent invitation as he stood silently looking down at her.

Meryl murmured softly as his familiar weight settled between her spread thighs. Slipping inside the warm channel, Vash buried himself as deeply as possible before smothering her lips in a searing kiss. Her legs wrapped themselves around his waist as he moved with slow deliberate strokes.

As they both raced toward climax, neither of them thought about what the next few days held or even the differences between them. The only important thing was the pleasure they were giving each other.

************

Later that night…

Nickie yawned hugely, "I'm going to bed mother. I'm too tired to wait up any longer for Lazarus."

Meryl looked up from her paper. "It's ok, I'm sure Lazarus will not mind."

She smiled at her adopted daughter. "You know, I was not sure at first that he would be right for you, but after watching him care for you these past several weeks I have come to the conclusion that he is good for you."

Nickie smiled brightly. "I am so glad that you approve of Lazarus. I would not want to choose between him and my family."

Meryl held up her hand to stop Nickie's rambling before it started. "However, I am concerned about your future." Nickie looked at her in puzzlement. "I would assume that one day you and he will have children. How are you two planning to live? Bounty hunting may be profitable now, but you cannot drag along small children as you hunt dangerous criminals."

Nickie frowned at her mother, her high spirits quickly evaporating. "I… I never thought about having children. I am not sure what we will do or where we will live. Lazarus hasn't said anything beyond the time of killing Knives."

"I'm sorry Nickie, I don't mean to depress you, but with the house empty of everyone else, I felt I had to bring these issues to your attention." Meryl smiled slightly at the younger woman. "I'm not saying that you and Lazarus need to address these issues immediately, I just wanted you to have a clear idea of what the future may hold."

"I don't know what Lazarus has in mind. I don't think he has thought that far in advance." Nickie looked around the room. "He's paying for this house, but I don't know what he does for money. I just assumed he hunted bounty like me and Nick." She paused as another thought ran across her mind. "You don't think he steals from people, do you?"

Meryl smiled and shook her head. "Think, Nickie. If he were a thief, he would probably be on wanted posters. You know I used to see a few posters of his father hanging around in out of the way places. Lazarus is nothing like that, thank goodness. Legato Bluesummers was a nasty individual."

"Lazarus never knew his father. Mr. Legato was like my pappa. He died without knowing about his child."

Meryl smiled at Nickie. "I don't think the presence of a child would have altered Legato's perception of what he was doing. Those were bad times back then. Granted it's not much better now, but at least things have been quiet these past many years since Knives has gone to ground." She paused at the thought. "Well, I've had my say. Please don't let me keep you longer. You go on up to bed."

Nickie bent and warmly kissed Meryl on the side of the cheek. "Good night, mother. I promise to think about what you've said."

"Good night, Nickie. Pleasant dreams."

Meryl sat quietly alone in the room after Nickie retreated up the stairs. She hoped that she had not upset Nickie, but those were things that needed to be said. Unlike her, Nickie would probably very well have children someday. She hated to think what would have happened to them if the December orphanage had not welcomed them so many years ago.

**************

Lazarus stood on the high mesa and surveyed the surrounding landscape. The darkness that fell across the land was softy illuminated by the moons of Gunsmoke. He stretched his senses, searching for Knives or his mother.

"Why do you seek me, cub?"

"I was concerned about your well-being, mother. Have I not always been a dutiful son?"

"Only when it has suited you to be one…"

"You're dying, mother. I can sense it from here."

"So your father has already informed me earlier today. As if I didn't know it already."

"Why?"

"Why what? Why did your father tell me this, or why am I dying."

"Both."

"Legato likes to torment me on occasion and I did too much when I saved your wench. It happened. I'm not sorry that I did it for you."

"Mother, I…"

"Enough! I told you I wanted to die with Knives. I will expect you to keep your end of our bargain. Do not be sad, my son. You have a chance to have a better life than I ever did. Now, leave me. I seek to be alone until Knives is found."

"I understand and I will not fail you in your final request."

************

Lazarus stood quietly after that, feeling his surroundings, listening for the smallest sensation that would alert him to Knives' whereabouts. He sighed as he came across a familiar being. "I know you're there, Vash the Stampede."

Vash slowly made his way into view, coming to stop beside the other man.

"You know, you could be your father standing here in the darkness. I bet you've given a few people quite a start over the years."

Lazarus held up his hand. "Do not compare me to him. While we are alike in appearance and power, the similarities end there. I am no wanton murderer of innocent citizens. Those who have died by my hand either deserved to die or stood between me and something I wanted."

Vash studied the younger man's profile in the pale light. "No one has the right to decide who lives and who dies." When Lazarus offered no reply to his statement, Vash continued, "Why do you want to kill your mother?"

Lazarus turned a curious eye toward Vash. "How did you know about that?"

"I heard you mother ask you for her death as Nickie lay dying. It was her price for saving my child."

Lazarus walked to the edge of the cliff and looked down. "Tell me, have you ever looked over a cliff at a town and wished that you could be just like one of the ordinary people there, living an ordinary life? Does a part of you want to blend in, to be a part of society and not have to worry about someone hating, mocking, or fearing you because you were different?"

Vash nodded but kept silent as he listened to Lazarus' explanation.

"My mother is like that. Because of her gifts, she was caught up in the havoc that was Legato and the Gung Ho guns. Her life before was difficult to say the least. She has grown weary of this world. She wants a release from this existence. In short, she wants to die."

Vash stared at him for a few moments. "And you're ok with killing your own mother?"

"You really think that I want to kill my own mother?" Lazarus turned to face Vash. "Yes, I can see it in your eyes. You believe that I would do as she asks and feel nothing." Glancing up at the fifth moon, Lazarus felt the heavy weight of his burden. "I have lived my life as an extension of hers. For as long as I can remember, we have hunted Knives. She to avenge her lover and me to please her." He looked back at Vash again. "I do not wish to harm her, she was the best mother she knew how to be. But, she is responsible for saving Nicole and she is now dying. Her death will be a burden to me, but I was, no I am willing to pay her price."

"Helping others should not come with a price tag. How will you be able to gun down your own mother?" Vash spoke quietly, not wanting to anger the other man with his endless questions.

Lazarus walked several paces away. "I won't end her life with a bullet." He paused and scanned the distant horizon. "He's coming, you know. Knives is waiting for us no longer."

Vash turned to glance at the desert. When he turned back, Lazarus was gone, replaced by a gust of wind and a cloud of dust. "You're more like Legato than you think," he thought at the empty sky before turning to make his way back to town.

************

"Umm… that's good, nice and slow, just the way I like it…" Nick groaned as the prostitute sucked at his length. His hands tangled themselves in her red hair as the woman's head bobbed up and down.

While his body responded to her efforts, his mind raced ahead to the confrontation with Knives. Would it come tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after? Would this be his last time to enjoy the comforts of a willing woman? He had come this far and he'd be damned if he'd back out now.

His thoughts jerked away from Knives as his cock spasmed deep in the woman's throat. Shuddering with release, Nick pulled the woman up his chest and kissed her deeply, tasting himself on her lips. Turning slowly, until she was underneath his hard body, he kissed a path to her breasts, tonguing each nipple until it beaded into a tight bud.

His fingers found their way to the nest of curls that protected her center. He easily located the sensitive bud of flesh and stroked lightly. His efforts were rewarded with a low moan as the woman pulled him closer. He nudged her legs apart and settled comfortably between her thighs, smiling to himself as his hard length slid fully into the woman. If this was to be one of his last nights on Gunsmoke, then he'd make it a good one.

***************

Returning to the house in town, Lazarus was lost in thought. His mother was dying, not withstanding the fact that he'd promised to kill her anyway and he was irritated at the questions Vash had posed to him. He did not want to kill his mother, but what choice did he have. He climbed the stairs, determined not to make any unnecessary noise that would wake Nicole or her mother.

He carefully made his way down the hall, conscious of the fact that Vash had not returned as of yet and that Wolfwood was probably buried between some whore's thighs. His teeth grit in frustration. He would like to be getting laid right now, but leave it to Nicole to do something so foolish as to get herself shot.

He opened the door to her room, determined to look in on her before retiring to his bed further down the hall. It took a few moments for his eyes to adjust to the total darkness. Spying her form under the covers, he made his way to her side, just to reassure himself that she was sleeping well.

A faint whisper of motion caught his senses before slim hands fastened themselves over his eyes. Cool breath whispered in his ear as a passion soaked voice spoke, "Lazarus, you've been a naughty boy. Being out at night, making me wait up for you. What am I ever going to do with you?"

"Nicole, are you sure you feel well enough for this? I would not want to hurt you." Lazarus asked politely. He wanted her, but not if it meant she would suffer further injury.

"Lazarus, If I didn't want to do this, then I would be asleep already. I have missed having you in bed." She paused, pressing her bare body against his back. "I repeat, what should I do with you for making me wait so long?"

He relaxed and let himself play along. "I am not quite sure what you should do with me, madam. Perhaps you could suggest some, ah service, that you'd like me to perform to make up for my absence?"

"Perhaps, I may… Until then, I suggest that you keep your eyes closed. I would be very disappointed if you were to disobey me."

Lazarus' mind reeled. This was the first time that Nicole had ever initiated their lovemaking and she was never aggressive. Keeping his eyes closed, he felt her remove his heavy coat. Soft hands tugged his shirt free of his pants and then over his head. Warm kisses soon followed, covering his chest with light butterfly strokes.

The hands and lips withdrew. Footsteps slowly made their way around him. A light stroke here and there added to the torture that he was beginning to feel. "You are magnificent." The steps continued and a hand cupped his growing erection and rubbed softly. "Tell me something, if you please."

Lazarus bit back a groan, as the hands rubbing at his crotch became more insistent. "I will tell you whatever you wish to know…"

"If I were to allow you to open you eyes, what would you do?"

His hands reached out until the grasped Nicole by the arm. Pulling her close, Lazarus leaned down to whisper in her ear. "I would remove your clothing piece by piece," he whispered softly as his hands found the buttons on her shirt. "As more and more of your skin is revealed, I would trace it with my tongue."

Nicole shivered as her shirt slipped to the floor. "I would carefully unhook the snaps on your bra and let my fingers brush at your hardening nipples." His hands performed the task even as he spoke the words. "Then I would kneel on the floor and tug your skirt from you hips along with your panties before I parted your thighs for my hungry mouth."

Fighting back a low cry, Nicole wrapped her hands in his blue hair as he knelt in front of her, lapping at her center. "Nicole, let me show you how to play this game on my terms. I promise if you become frightened, I will stop."

"Yes, yes, anything…"

"May I open my eyes, my sweet?"

"Do you even have to ask? Yes, open them, and give me what I want," she pleaded.

Lazarus stood quickly and caught her gaze with his own. "Remember, if you become too frightened, tell me and I will stop."

"What do you mean, become frightened…?" she asked as her body went rigid as she stood in the middle of the floor. His gaze bore down into hers, and she felt herself drowning in the platinum depths. "Do not struggle, it is useless to do so. And do not make a sound unless I tell to. Do you understand?"

Her mouth opened to answer, but she managed a slight nod instead. "Excellent, you are catching on to this game rather quickly." He removed the rest of his clothes and walked around her, surveying the woman he had claimed as his.

"You are exquisite. I have chosen well." He moved to stand behind her, kneading the taut flesh of her rounded buttocks. Do you like that, my sweet?" Another slight nod. He shoved her mane of hair to one side and ran his tongue down the side of her neck. His hands crept to her breasts. They cupped the soft globes and held them lightly as his thumbs glided over her nipples, drawing them into tiny buds.

Nickie fought against the rising panic of not being able to move. She told herself that he would not hurt her. Lazarus kept doing things to her body that were driving her closer to the edge. She felt her legs part of their own accord and soon his tongue was licking at her center, driving all rational thought from her mind. She desperately wanted him to spread her thighs and fill her with his hardness. A tiny whimper escaped her throat followed be a choked whisper, "please…"

Fire exploded against her skin as his hand descended on he bare rump. "Do not speak… remember?" He knelt behind her and soothed the sting away with his tongue. "Are you frightened?" A slight shake of her head was the response he received. "Excellent. We progress…"

Lazarus moved back to his position in front of her and resumed his slow torture. His fingers delved into her moist channel while his tongue and teeth worried the sensitive bud. Nickie clenched her teeth together in an effort not to cry out. She wanted to scream with pleasure, to beg him to fill her, to make her cum. Instead, she gritted her teeth and clung to her determination not to make a sound until he released her.

Lazarus glanced up at the face of his lover. She had done very well playing his game. He wondered if he should push her further and then decided against it. It would not be in his best interests to push her too far this first time. There would be time enough later to indulge his fantasies. He released her body from his grip, watching her crumble in a heap on the floor in front of him. "Tell me what you want, Nicole."

She looked at him with glazed eyes. "I want you, I want you to put me on that bed and fill me with your cock. I want you to make me scream your name."

Lazarus picked her up and tossed her on the bed. Flipping her over, he drew her to her knees and pulled her to the edge. Forcing her head down to the mattress, he rammed himself into her from behind, wringing a cry from her lips. His large hands gripped her slim hips and held her still as he slowly pumped himself into her tight wet channel. Nicole's hands fisted in the sheets, her breasts rolling in time with his thrusts. She moaned low in her throat, "Faster, harder, Lazarus, I need you to make me cum…"

Lazarus increased his pace slightly, offering Nicole no end to her gentle suffering. She tried thrusting her hips back against his, wanting the pleasure he could give her. "Please, Lazarus… I want you…"

Lazarus jerked himself free and rolled Nicole over again. Eyes gleaming in triumph, he spread her thighs wide and drove himself to the hilt in one smooth motion. He levered himself up on his elbows as her legs wrapped themselves around his waist. He thrust his cock harder and faster at her urgings, soon feeling the tightening of her channel. He thrust deeply until his body gave itself up to pleasure. Sharp nails dug into his back as his mouth claimed Nicole's. Her scream of pleasure, easily swallowed by his lips. Lazarus collapsed on top of Nicole, feeling the shudders grip her body as well as his own.

They lay sandwiched together in the darkness, brushing the hair from each other's eyes. "That was intense…"

Lazarus gulped down more air. "I am glad I could be of service to you this evening. I didn't hurt you, did I?" he questioned her gently. He softly kissed the puckered flesh that served as a reminder of her willingness to die for him.

"I am not hurt, I have never felt more alive than I do right now." Nicole yawned hugely. "But I am really, really tired."

Lazarus gently pulled his now limp member from her body. Pulling her tightly to his side, he held her close. "I think I'll stay here tonight if that's ok with you, my sweet."

Nicole planted a gentle kiss on his lips. "I wouldn't have it any other way," she replied as her eyes slowly closed.

*************

Lawren stood on the edges of the far desert, something was there and it was heading for the only town in the region.

"Stupid chit, are you still looking for me?"

Lawren gasped as she realized who was there. She knew that she was too far away to reach Lazarus, but she stretched her mind headless of the danger. "Danger, my son, there is danger approaching." Blood flowed down her face and she kept repeating her warning of danger. It was no use she thought as her body collapsed in the sands. Mocking laughter filled her skull as her eyes slid closed of their own accord.

************

To Be Continued…

************

Ok, this looks to be the last lemon of the story so I had to make it a good one for all of you hentai lovers out there.

Knives is coming… can a showdown be far behind?

Who will live, who will die, and what will the future hold for Gunsmoke?

Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter: High Noon

Love and Peace,

Lady Blackhat (^_~)