Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Grow Old with You ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

[Okay. Since I did one for Vash and Meryl, I knew I HAD to do one for Wolfwood and Milly too. Come on! In that kind of party did you not think SOMEONE was going to convince Wolfwood to sing to Milly, too? Especially since the party is for them! And I knew the perfect song for him to sing to her! I hope everyone knows this song! It's Adam Sandler's "Grow Old with You" from the "Wedding Singer" movie. ^_^. \\// Oh, yeah. Just the perfect one, don't you think? So sing along, and enjoy it! Maybe now I've got the hang of this songfic writing thing. Maybe I'll do more of these for different animes. I just got to find the right songs…hmmm… Oh, well! I hope you all enjoy this little addition to the Trigun sonfics. Vash/Meryl and Wolfwood/Milly. I'm sorry people, but to me, TRAD couples are the best! I love them, and all those who love them too, I hope you enjoy this little songfic of mine. It was made for all of you! \\// ^_^. \\// Love & Peace, de gozaru yo no da minna!]

A Trigun Songfic:

Grow Old with You

While Meryl and Vash were kissing…

Father Jim convinced Wolfwood to sing a song too. So he did. Wolfwood grinned at Milly, his heart full. Out of all the things he thought was going to happen when he found Milly, Vash and Meryl again… He had never imagined that anything close to this would happen. He looked at the baby in Milly's arms. Never, ever imagined anything like it at all.

And he had never been happier. He turned to his big girl and saw her eyes so alive and so full of…love. This girl sure had a lot of love to give. And she was just showering an excess amount of it on him. His heart felt like it was about to explode. Yeah… he guessed he would sing her a song.

The band struck up the song Wolfwood wanted and while Meryl and Vash were still kissing, everyone else watched him sing to Milly. She only smiled her shining smile at him while holding Davie.

"I wanna make you smile, whenever you're sad…

Carry you around, when you're arthritis is bad,

All I wanna do,

Is grow old with you."

Wolfwood walked up to her, his eyes locked with hers. His heart ached and he completely forgot about being embarrassed. He was going to sing to his big girl.

"I'll get you medicine, when your tummy aches…

Build you a fire, if the furnace breaks,

Oh, it could be so nice,

Growing old with you."

He touched her cheek and caressed it. She was so soft, so full of life. So full of love. God… What was it about this crazy goody-goody girl that makes me feel this way?

"I'll miss you, kiss you,

Give you my coat when you are cold…

Need you, feed you,

Even let you hold the remote control."

Wolfwood slowly walked back with a smile. The saddest and at the same time the most wonderful thing about it was that every blasted word he was singing right now was true. Every last blasted word.

"So, let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink,

Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink.

Oh, I could be a man, who grows old with you…

I wanna grow old with you…"

Milly sniffled. She handed the baby to one of the ladies standing next to her and threw herself at Wolfwood. He only laughed as he caught her. She buried her face in his neck and held him. Nicholas inhaled the scent of her hair and smiled in spite of himself.

Suddenly he was looking into her big light blue eyes.

"Nicholas D. Wolfwood!"

He blinked in surprise, but the smile on her face warmed his insides. Damn, what had this good girl done to him???

"Yeah?" he said.

Wolfwood hadn't thought her smile could get any more brilliant. He was wrong.

"I love you, Nicholas D. Wolfwood. I love you so much it hurts."

Nicholas' eyes widened. His heart swelled. He clasped her tightly in his arms and pressed his face against hers.

"I love you… Milly Thompson Wolfwood."

Milly looked up at him and Wolfwood felt himself drown in her eyes. "I know." She smiled. "I just wished I had told you earlier."

Wolfwood grinned at her. "There's no time like the present, Milly."

"And we'll grow old together right?"

"Yeah, Milly. We'll grow old together. Here. In Eden." Nicholas bent his head to hers and kissed her. Everyone in the room cheered… except for Vash and Meryl. They were still too busy kissing.

Dave gurgled happily.

* * *

Later that evening…

Vash, Meryl, Milly and Wolfwood were all sitting on the swings at the orphanage. The night was covered with stars and the seven moons all glowed. Milly was holding a sleeping Dave and Wolfwood had one of his arms wrapped around her shoulders. Meryl and Vash were holding hands, her head on his shoulder as they all looked up at the sky.

"It's a beautiful night," Meryl whispered.

"It sure is, Meryl," Milly said.

Wolfwood smiled. "After everything we've been through… It looks like miracles do happen and life and love do exist on this planet, after all. Live to live."

Milly smiled as she looked up at the stars. "Live to hope."

Meryl too smiled up at the sky. "Live to love."

Vash squeezed her hand. "Always and forever. Never forget. Love and Peace."