Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ I Now Pronounce You Man And Wife ❯ Letter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't Own Trigun or its characters. Please don't copy or steal!

Author's Notes: Hello everyone, this is my first Trigun fic, so I hope you all enjoy. Please read and review!

I Now Pronounce You Man and Wife

Chapter One

Meryl Stryfe sighed as she exited her room at the inn. She had been up late the night before, and now she was finding it very hard to wake up completely. Why the late night? Well, she as well as Millie, Mr. Wolfwood and Vash had stayed up celebrating Millie and Wolfwood's engagement. Everyone had plenty to drink, aside from Meryl of course. And now the insurance girl was well aware that the rest of her group was still fast asleep. She walked downstairs to the inn's lobby and checked in to see if any mail had come in.

"As a matter of fact you do have some mail!" The woman at the counter smiled. She reached under the desk and pulled out a single letter and handed it to Meryl. "There you go."

"Thank-you." Meryl smiled and took the letter. She went to a nearby seat and sat down. The letter was addressed to her and it was from one of her coworkers, Kyoko at The Bernardalie Insurance Agency. Meryl tore open the letter and began to read.

"Dear Meryl,

It's been so long since we last saw each other, or actually written for that matter! I felt like dropping you a line to see how you and Millie are doing! We all miss you down here, life a lot more boring without you two. Also, I wanted to remind you that the annual fundraiser is coming up next month and I was wondering if you wanted to join us there. I've already bought a table with Kelley and we have my husband and her fiancée with us, but we still have four open spots at the table. So if you'd like to share with us, you're welcomed to bring dates! Well I can't wait to see you there! Respond as soon as you get the letter! -Kyoko"

`Oh yeah! I forgot all about the fundraiser!' Meryl thought as she hurried back up to her room. She sat down at her desk and began to type a response.

***

When she was done Meryl, tore out the paper from the typewriter and folded it so it could fit in an envelope. She closed the letter in the envelope and wrote down Kyoko's address and placed the proper postage on it. She then merrily left the room and started downstairs. As she walked into the hallway she spotted Vash coming out from his room with a goofy grin on his face as usual. "Hey there Meryl!" He laughed.

"Hello Vash." Meryl nodded at him.

"What are you up to?" He wondered.

"Just mailing a letter to a friend. She's invited Millie and I to a fundraiser back at the Insurance Agency."

"Oh, well that's nice." Vash thought. "Is she pretty?" He asked.

"Very, but she's married so don't even think about it." Meryl rolled her eyes, knowing exactly what Vash was thinking.

"Aw…that's no fun…" Vash hung his head glumly and slumped his way down to the other end of the hall, most likely to bother Wolfwood awake.

Meryl shook her head and continued downstairs. She passed through the lobby and went to the mailbox just outside the inn. She slipped the letter in, just as the mail truck came by. Meryl walked back inside and smiled. In her mind she ran over the contents of her letter.

"Dear Kyoko,

Millie and I would be glad to join you at the annual fundraiser. We'll be there as soon as we can. We need to finish up some things here, but we'll be back in time for the first night of festivities with our fiancées…"

Meryl stopped dead in her tracks and dropped her mouth opened. `No…I couldn't have!' She thought. `No, no, no! I did! I have to stop that mail truck!' She dashed outside in a panic, but the truck was already too far off in the distance. There was no way she could have caught up with it, but she tried anyways. She ran, desperately trying to catch up with it, but ending up collapsing to her knees. "No…." She moaned in defeat.

Author's Notes: Well the first chapters a bit small I know, but I wanted it to be just a bit of an introduction to the story. Please review! I hope you enjoyed it!