Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume One: Chap. One: Stranger ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Stranger
Where do I go from here?
I don’t remember where I came from. The first thing I saw was the sun. So blinding that I had to shield my eyes. I don’t remember it being that bright. I can’t feel my body at all. I don’t remember anything about myself. I don’t know my name or my family. I don’t even know my age.
I winced as my stomach growled in pain. I’m so hungry, but I can’t move. How long have I been lying here? Where is this place? Why can’t I remember anything?
I try to scream out for someone to hear me, but no sound comes out. I try again, but my throat hurts. I drew my mouth closed. The desert heat burned the roof of my mouth. Will anyone find me out here?
The howling wind drowns out everything in my ears. I think I hear someone calling me.
-Outside-
A blonde spiky-haired man stood over her.
“Are you alright?” he asked. “Hello? Hello?” Her eyes looked just as empty. The man poked her in the cheek.
“You dead?” he asked. “Hey! Hey!” She let off a thin heave. The man nearly leapt backwards.
“Oh crap!” he yelled. “You’re alive!” He looked around at first. Nobody was around. He had no idea how long she had been out here either.
I’m the only one here, he thought. The man looked down at her again. I have no choice, he thought. He picked up the semi-conscious teenager and carried her into town.
She’s seen this before, but she doesn’t understand the reason. It made her chest fuzzy. She still couldn’t speak her gratitude. He didn’t even notice a thing on his back. The dust and the heat kept her mouth closed.
Funny, the same might have happened before. Only, it may have been hot and muggy instead.
The voices buzzed around her head at this point.
“Oh my god, is she alright?”
“I found her out in the desert. I couldn’t just leave her behind.”
“Is she still breathing?”
“Barely.”
“We have to get her to the hospital!”
“But where? We’re lost.”
“There might be a town up ahead of here. Come on!”
“Slow down, Millie! We have an injured girl with us!”
“Wait up!”
They all raced through the sand under the hot sun. In twenty minutes, they came into the town that Millie spotted over the hill. The spiky-haired man dropped the teenaged-girl off at the hospital. The voices became muzzled as the nurse took her away to be treated.
The white halls made her heart double. She swallowed hard as the voices grew faint. She’s been down something like this before. The image in her mind was only fleeting but it was enough to put her back in shock. Her heart pounded to keep her body level.
She only heard the footsteps underneath her. And then…
Nothing.
Ride Home