Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume One: Chap. Two: Walls ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Walls
Five days passed.
“She sure eats a lot,” the nurse said. Vash nodded.
“Has she said anything since she woke up?” he asked.
“No,” she said. “Not a word. Five days and nothing. There isn’t even any records of her at all.”
“Well, aren’t the police or anyone looking for her?” Vash asked. The nurse shook her head.
“Nobody,” she said. “The hospital might even discharge her after tomorrow.”
“Discharge her?”
“We can’t afford to keep her here. There are only ten beds in this hospital.”
“Oh…”
She sees shadows outside her door. They are talking again. She eats quietly to listen. This too used to happen quite often as well. She thought back to five days before. She slept through three of them. By day four, the hospital fed her right away. That first day of eating, she about threw it back up. With serious care to her stomach, she was able to eat again.
The quiet led to odd pieces in her mind. She isn’t to the point of understanding yet. The white walls deliver an unsettling feeling in her stomach as she eats. She tried to eat through it, but it won’t late. Funny, the feeling only showed up when she was alone. When the nurses came to check on her, the feeling subsided. She still couldn’t speak yet. Not that she could answer any questions anyway.
Suddenly, she paused. The voices outside had stopped. The shadows weren’t even at her door anymore. She felt her stomach turn. She shook her head of new forming thoughts. Her chest tightened.
Not this…
She took in slower breaths. Only white walls do this to her. White nothingness haunts her. Only her room and the hallway have white walls. Why this room? Why? Why?
She pulled her knees to her chest. She shut her eyes to block out the white hell. She winced as her mind opened a grainy image within itself.
Footsteps walked through the door. That same door closed. She couldn’t see his face. Only the hands were vivid. Clear as day as they reached for her chest.
“No. No. No!”
Her screaming in present day drew the attention of one of the nurses.
“Miss?” she asked. The nurse gently shook her on the shoulder. The teenage girl smacked her away.
“No!” she screamed. “Don’t touch me!” She leapt out of bed and raced out of the room. The stunned nurse sat silent for a long time before she realized what happened.
“Doctor!” she screamed as she scrambled to her feet. “Doctor! The patient is escaping!” The whole hall filled with chatter as the girl ran further down the hall. The flooded sounds and white paranoia only pushed her to run away faster without turning back.
X Amount of Words