Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Three: Chap. Seven: Shadows ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadows

That's right, there was someone before she came here. She just couldn't see his face or remember his name.

“Are you okay, miss?” An old man reached out to touch her shoulder. She thought it was an old man. Rieko's vision was blurry. The voice sounded like it was underwater.

“No.” It felt like her tongue was stuck to the roof of her mouth. The girl started to stumble.

“Miss!” The old man grabbed her before she fell.

“Please take a seat.” The old man started to drag her away to a building. Rieko felt herself sitting down. He spoke to her again, but he sounded so faint. Her vision started to blur. A hand handed her a glass.

“Here drink this.” The cup was pressed to her lips. Rieko took a drink. Cool water splashed into her mouth. She drank up right away.

“Better?”

Rieko looked up. The old man stood in front of her. He had a concerned look on his face. The girl slowly nodded.

“Yeah,” she said. The old man threw back his head and breathed a sigh of relief.

“Thank goodness,” he said.

“Hey,” Rieko said. The old man looked up. She pressed her lips together.

“Can I stay here for a while?” she asked. The old man gave her a kind smile.

“Sure,” he said. Rieko leaned back in the chair and closed her eyes.

“Thank you,” she said.

“I'll get you some more water,” he said. The old man walked into the building they were in front of.

----------

Two men are looking for her. One in the light and one in the darkness. They are close and one will find her. They have their own motive to look for the girl. As of right now, they aren't too clear. One doesn't know while the other won't say. She should know who they are. Something inside of her is trying to surface. What was it? Rieko can't listen to it right now. There's too much noise in her body. What does that mean?

Well…

----------

Rieko looked out at the strangely empty town in the early hours of the morning. She narrowed her eyes. That hair. Even in the distance, she could recognize that hair. Her heart jumped in her thought. Something about that hair stirred something in her head. Her jaw tightened as one thought sprung into her mind. Rieko said it out loud.

Blocked