Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Four: Chap. Eleven: Hunting ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hunting

She's close by. He smirked to himself. But there is a problem. That old bat has caught up to her. Probably started telling the truth to her parents. No matter. He still had a hunt to complete.

He came into town last night. He blends in just fine. How did that old bat get the lead on him? Someone had to have told her. They had to. Another nuisance to deal with. So annoying. She was his prey! His prey!

This boy wasn't the only one on the hunt. He knows this too well. Question is who is going to get there first?

He stopped at a tavern. He needed to leave a message. Something really big. This place would be perfect. He walked into the tavern.

---------

Who else is hunting for Rieko? Let's just say it's in the family. Yes. He's looking for her. But he is patient. She would go to his brother. That's how he planned it. Everything was falling into place. Almost. He had two obstacles in his path.

First, there was him. He looks like a child. But he's really dangerous. Couldn't be left alone for too long. He had to be dealt with fast. He knew it won't be easy. That boy was like him after all. Maybe too much. He would deal with him later.

Then there was her. Oh yes. That old bat. She just had to go and ruin everything. In the past, he had done his best to keep her far away. But something went wrong. The old woman got the drop on them. Now everything was going to come unraveled.

Not to worry. He could correct this. He was going to correct it. He was going to start moving now.

---------

Meanwhile, the boy sat at the bar. He looked around. So many people here. Perfect. A bartender looked over at him.

“Excuse me, son,” he said. “I don't think you should be here.” He looked up at the older man with a little smile on his face. The bartender shivered.

“Could you please leave?” he asked.

“No,” the boy said in a low voice. The bartender stepped back.

“Please leave,” he said. “Leave or I will have the bouncer kick you out.”

“Do it,” the boy said. No emotion in his voice. Cold look in his eyes.

“N-N-Never mind!” the bartender yelped. He turned and ran to the back.

“Heh,” the boy said. He snapped his fingers.

Boom!

Crashing all around. Fire. And then silence. He sneered as he rose to his feet. He walked out of the frame of the building. That should get attention. Now back to the hunt.

Foxhunting