Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Seven: Chap. Nineteen: Saint Rieko ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Saint Rieko

-Meryl-

I only held her once. How could I have forgotten her? Minerva told us everything. She had her eyes on Vash as she spoke.

“You ask me to send her away,” she said. I whipped my head around. What?

“Why would you do that?” I asked. Vash lowered his head. He mumbled something under his breath.

“What?” I asked. He wouldn't look at me. My fist trembled.

“What happened? What did you do?” I asked.

“I'm so sorry,” he said. I wanted to scream. My heart was tearing up inside.

“It was to keep her safe,” Minerva said. We looked at her. When did she look so tired?

“I don't have much time,” she said. “So please listen.” She started coughing.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“No,” she said. “I am dying.” We stared at her.

“What?!” we asked. Minerva took in rattled breaths.

“I have to get this out,” she said. “Knives knows about your daughter.” Vash went so pale.

“Knives?” I asked. He clenched his fists at his sides.

“He's my twin brother,” he said. I felt a sense of d�j� vu. He's told me this before. Vash looked into Minerva's eyes.

“Tell me what we need to do,” Vash said in a low voice.

“Vash?” I asked. Minerva lifted her chin.

“We have to find her first,” she said. “And I know where to look.” I closed my fist to my chest. I'd get to see her again. We were going to get our baby girl back.

----------

“Miss, are you all right?”

Reiko could barely hear them. A hand grabbed her by the shoulder and dragged her away. Their voice sounded muffled. Suddenly, it went black.

He found her again. Perfect. Kuro began moving further west on his own mission. They were going to be together again soon.

Light of Truth