Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Remembrance ❯ Cars Can Hurt ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N:I actually wrote most of this before chapter 4, oh well. Still no explanations on, well, anything really. I've decided that Bastard!Knives will work quite nicely, so gomen to all Knives lovers out there. I'm one of the Knives lovers out there, but I need a baddie and he works well for the part. I'll make it up to everyone by writing a fic where Knives is a main character at some point in the (probably very distant, judging by how easily I get distracted) future.

I can see this becoming a rather long fic (probably about 10 chapters, which is long for me). Judging by the rate that I'm writing it, though, it shouldn't take long for me to finish. After this I really must get round to finish all of my other unfinished fics, including my re-writing of Bloody Tears. Then I will write more fics.

WARNINGS: Death, depression, yaoi (m/m), child abuse (EVIL *stabs*), non con.

PAIRINGS: Legato x Midvalley, Midvalley x Legato, OC x Legato (non con), probably others.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Trigun or any of the characters mentioned here. If I did, I would actually have money!

~*~
Painful Remembrance

By Neko Malik (aka Berserker Farfarello)

Chapter 5 - Cars can hurt

"Where are we going?" We are moving at a fast pace, across the sandy excuse for a driveway to Legato's car, parked a few meters from the house. I'll follow Legato, no problem, but I'll be damned if I'll follow him without answers, even if that means pissing him off enough for him to turn on me. Besides, pissing Legato off normally leads to sex in some form or another. To him, arguing with me is just another form of foreplay.

"To find someone called 'The Siren'." Guess he's not in the mood for foreplay.

"Why?" Well, there are plenty of other ways to get under his skin.

"Because Master told us to. I don't know any more than that." He's damn touchy today, and boring too. I think he probably got another roasting off Knives for something or other. Sometimes I detest that man...plant...thing.

I remember the first time I saw Knives turn on Legato; I had to report Vash's movements to him in person, as I was the one on surveillance at that time. He wasn't happy with what I told him. Legato was directly in the line of fire, so Knives attacked him, beating him into the floor. Legato took it without anything so much as a whimper in protest. I couldn't move, couldn't protect him, much as I wanted to. The insane glint in Knives' eyes terrified me; I've never seen anyone like that before. I knew that if I tried to stop him, I would be next. I'm such a coward.

Legato didn't blame me, didn't really do much of anything after we managed to finally get away. He had a cracked rib and numerous bruises all over his torso, which I tended to. Knives never breaks the skin, I don't know why. That's the worst state Legato has ever been in at the hands of our 'Master'. I can tell when Knives has said or done something, though, as Legato goes into 'lost puppy' mode for a bit, before going quiet and moody. He refuses to talk about anything, so I can't help him. I want to help him so badly.

The silence returns for a while. I stare out into the desert as Legato drives. I don't ask where we are going, don't really want to know. A sigh from my right makes me turn to look at Legato. The wind is blowing through his hair, throwing the blue strands into a chaotic disorder. His face is the usual mask of calm indifference he wears around others, but his eyes are different. I can see...sadness, something completely foreign on his beautifully sculpted face. As I study his profile more closely, I can see the corners of his mouth are turned down very slightly, adding to that miserable expression that looks completely out of place on him.

"Legato, please stop the car." I don't know whether it's the shock of my commanding him or the politeness in my voice, but he complies with my request. We sit still, silent, for a few moments longer before he broke it.

"What?" He's edgy, I can hear it in his voice and in the short, sharp reply he gives me. It is nowhere near the usual melodic lilt he normally uses when addressing me.

"I..." I pause, trying to figure out what to say without upsetting him. "Legato, I know that you probably wont tell me what's wrong, and I wont force you to, and I just want you to know that if you ever do decide that you want to talk..." God, it's getting worse and worse. I had no idea I could sound so corny!

"Thank you, I do appreciate it." Heh, guess it didn't sound as bad as I thought. Legato is looking down, at his hands which are cradling themselves in his lap.

"Because, well...I guess..." Oh god, here we go. I think I have my fingers crossed, hoping that Legato won't go berserk or anything; the guy's never been exactly stable. "Because I love you." There, I said it.

"I know." He looks at me, smiling; a real smile. I realise then that I've never seen him smile properly before; it lit his whole face, if possible making him seem more breathtakingly beautiful than before. "I might tell you, one day, but I'm not ready to talk about it yet." His right arm reaches across to me, cupping the back of my head and pulling me forward. "I've never told anyone, so it's not easy for me." He kisses me, a slow, soul-searching kiss that seems to last forever but is over far too soon; he had never kissed me like that before. "But, I think I might be able to tell you, Midvalley, because I love you too." I suddenly have a new respect for soap operas, seeing as how my life has somehow managed to turn itself into one.

"Legato..." I think there are tears in my eyes as he leans forward to kiss me again. My arms wrap themselves around him as I lose myself to the sensations of Legato's lips moving against mine, his hand running slowly down my spine, across my hip and to my left thigh, resting there.

We made love in the back of his car, how cliché is that? I never really believed it possible to 'make love', up until that point it was just sex, or a quick fuck if it didn't really mean anything. This was more, though. It felt as though he put all of his feelings into what he was doing, into me. It was slow, but no less passionate or enjoyable than our usual sessions, culminating in one of the most mind-blowing orgasms I have ever experienced.

Legato is now sprawled out across my chest, still dressed from the waist up. My fingers are absently playing with his hair, fanning it out over my bare skin. I'm trying to make myself ignore the pain in my back from the way I am half sitting, half lying on the backseat, and the cramp in my left leg where Legato has somehow managed to rest almost all of his weight. The guy isn't light, I'm surprised that he can stay so thin with the amount he eats.

"Middy?" His voice is soft, almost like it belonged to a child, and startles me a little.

"Hmm?" I reply, not really having the energy to think of a proper sentence, or even a coherent word.

"You make the voices go away." My fingers stop their lazy movements through his hair as I try to work out what he means.

"Huh?" Yeah, real intelligent Midvalley. I guess my brain shuts down right after sex. Or maybe during. Whatever, I don't care, it just shuts down.

"The voices, in my head." He moves a finger to point at his head, just to prove his point and eradicate any doubt as to where it might be on his person. Guess Legato doesn't think much after sex either.

"Huh?" I repeat. My language skills are amazing. Legato giggles, he actually giggles, like a little kid. I stare at him incredulously, like he had suddenly grown an extra head or something. He looks so calm, so peaceful lying there. I can see his eyes beginning to droop as sleep slowly takes hold of him.

"Normally they don't shut up; too many thoughts, too many people, I can't stop them. You made them stop. Thank you." I'm completely lost for words as he stares up at me, those impossibly amber eyes meeting my own. I can see a trace there of something new, something I haven't seen before, something called 'humanity'.

"You're...welcome." We lapse into silence; his contented, mine thoughtful.

"Middy?" I don't dislike the name he gave me, something no one else has ever cared enough to do, but I'll never let him know that. Oh, right, he's waiting for an answer.

"Yes?" Short, one-syllable words are my forte.

"Stop fidgeting."

"Sorry." I can't help it; my leg feels as though it is about to drop off.

"Much better." He shifts slightly, not really improving my position underneath him but not really making it worse either.

"'Gato?" He has to move; the position we're in is much too uncomfortable.

"Hmm?" He sounds half-asleep; I can feel each breath against my chest become deeper as he falls into slumber.

"My left leg has gone dead." I can't even feel it any more.

"..." There's no answer, though I don't think he's ignoring me.

"Legato?" He has fallen asleep on me. It would have been cute, and I would have been quite happy to let him stay there, if it weren't for the knife-like pains shooting up my back at regular intervals. He looks so peaceful, it seems a shame to move him, but I knew that if I don't then there will be hell to pay in the morning, from him and from my body.

I sit up, pulling Legato with me. He lets out a slight whimper and his hands clutch for a moment before he relaxes into the new position. I know that it would be impossible to do anything with him leaning against me, so I slide out from beneath him and lay his limp form out over the seats. He cries out, loudly, at the loss of warmth. I feel so awful, but it has to be done.

I climb back into the front, letting the seats down completely. I have to move him again so that he won't be crushed beneath the headrests. Once both seats are down, I quickly pull my trousers on and am about to reach for my shirt when a sound draws my attention back to Legato.

"Don't even think about it." He looks so completely fuckable right now; eyes half lidded, hair mussed from our lovemaking before, one hand draped casually across his stomach, the hand pointing down to where...

"Damnit Legato, don't you ever quit?" He's hard again, and I'm exhausted.

"It's all of that manhandling. You weren't exactly gentle you know." That damn smirk is back in place again, and I know that I'm was looking at the Legato everyone else knows, not my Legato.

"Damn pervert." Not that I have any complaints.

~*~

A/N: Can anyone say 'corn'? I've never written anything that awfully sappy in my life and am, quite frankly, ashamed of myself. To make it up to the few who are actually reading this (thank you!!!) I shall stick some more death, sex and angst in later chapters. Next, more plot: Who is 'The Siren' and what does Knives want with her?? Why is Legato so scared?? What's with Midvaley's Uke-ish behaviour?? All will be revealed in several chapters time!