Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Remembrance ❯ First Witness of the Past ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hey all. I got more reviews, yey! ^__^ ppl actually like my story! Anywho, this is out a little later than I wanted it to be. I started it when I ended the last chapter, but got temporary writers' block. I got rid of it, though, thanks to several lemons :P

I have direction now, yey! I now know exactly what is going to happen in this story. Like I said before; it'll probably be about 10 chapters, maybe a little longer. Ergo, THE END IS NIGH! Well, soon anyway. Read my other fics for examples of my endings :P then again, I have a mix so you can't really tell.

MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA! Yes.

I've already written the ending, anyway. Oh, and Midvalley's hair is black in this though I know it's not technically, but this is AU so I think I'm allowed.

WARNINGS: Death, depression, yaoi (m/m), child abuse (EVIL *stabs*), non con.

PAIRINGS: Legato x Midvalley, Midvalley x Legato, OC x Legato (non con), probably others.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Trigun or any of the characters mentioned here. If I did, it would be part of the school curriculum!

~*~
Painful Remembrance

By Neko Malik (aka Berserker Farfarello)

Chapter 7 - First Witness of the Past

I can feel something cold being pressed against my forehead, being run down my face and over my neck before returning to repeat the motions. I can feel a dull throb emanating from the back of my skull and I know that that means either the start of a killer hangover, or the end of one. I hope to whichever god is listening that it's the latter. I decide that trying to wake up fully and open my eyes is to much of a chore; I am content to just lie here with that cool cloth, or whatever it is, being run over my face.

"Middy." Ow, too loud. What did I drink last night, anyway? That 'death' thing was pretty strong; I didn't even finish it, and I can hold my drink as well. "I'm sorry, baby, but you have to sit up. I've got something to help to headache go away, but you have to swallow it." I can feel gentle arms pulling me up and pain explodes inside my head, making me cry out. Strong arms wrap around me and I'm pulled into a firm chest. Risking opening my eyes, I notice that the room is in darkness, though not to dark that I can't see that it's Legato who is holding me, which is a good thing as anyone else would be dead right now.

A glass is placed to my lips and tipped slightly. I open my mouth obediently and drink. The liquid, whatever it is, tastes foul. So much so that I almost bring the whole lot back up again. Forcing my stomach to still, I notice a sudden woozy sensation wash over my body, dragging me back into the sleep I'd left only moments before. "Sleep now. You'll feel better when you wake up." Legato lays me back down again, but doesn't let go and I take the opportunity to cuddle up to him as he gets comfortable beside me on the bed. One thing I'll never get tired of is Legato holding me as I fall asleep, sometimes playing with my hair as I do so often to him. I try to stay awake for a bit, to savour the feel of his arms around me, holding me close. I can't, though, as I am pulled back into my temporary oblivion.

~*~ DREAM ~*~

"Come here, boy." I look to where the voice is coming from; a large man, standing across the room from me, glaring daggers of pure hatred at me. He looked to be well over 6 foot tall and very large, covered with what was probably muscle once but had degenerated into fat. He is wearing brown; his shirt, trousers, shoes, all brown. I find myself afraid of this oversized giant of a man, cowering away from him. It doesn't help, though, as he becomes angry and crosses the room in three large strides, forcefully lifting me from the floor by my shirt collar. "Are you disobeying me, boy? Hmm?" He shakes me like a rag doll, a look of malice in those small, pig-like eyes of his. "Well?" I try to shake my head 'no', but can't with the way he's holding me. "Answer me!" I'm shaken again, more forcefully this time, until the room begins to spin even when he has stopped.

"No..." I can barely choke the word out, my throat raw. Why is my throat raw?

"No what" Spittle flies into my face as he brings me right up into his face. The man is strong; there's no use resisting. It only hurts more what I resist. Where did that thought come from?

"No...daddy." He drops me, satisfied for the moment. A well-placed kick to my stomach sends me into the wall behind me, making me curl up from the pain. He laughs at my pain; I dare not make a sound else he'll hurt me more. His laughter dies down into a cruel smirk, twisting his ugly face into something resembling what I can only call pure evil.

"That'll learn ya. Do what yer told next time." I don't recognise the accent; it's really quite strange. I can't seem to think on it long, though, the pain is to excruciating. He lets out one last bark of laughter and turns his back on me, leaving the room from the same door he entered. I have to get up, have to get upstairs, else he'll come back for more. I suck in a breath to prepare myself for the pain to come and push myself up. I don't cry out, though it is almost hurting me not to, as I limp across to the stairs using the wall as a support. It wasn't enough, though, as I collapse again, causing another jolt of intense pain to course through me.

Then, there was only blissful, painless oblivion.

~*~

I wake up with a jolt, wondering what the hell had just happened. I'm breathing heavily, sweat pouring off my body as though I had just run a marathon. My heart is pounding against my rib cage hard enough to break free and when I reach up to wipe my face I can feel that my face is wet with tears. I'm guessing I had a bad dream.

I lie still, slowly remembering the terrible thing. It was strange, because I don't ever remember meeting a man like that before, though he looked very familiar. I called him 'daddy', didn't I? But...I killed my 'daddy' a long time ago, and he looked nothing like the man in my dream. Looking over, I can see that Legato is sleeping peacefully on the other side of the bed. In fact, I've never seen him sleep so well before. Strange.

It hit me. The man...I had seen him before, in a picture. Legato has a picture of his family hidden in his room. I'm not supposed to know about it, but I found it one time when I was looking for something to wear. I could tell it was his family, by the way they were standing in a close group. It was a typical 'professional' picture, with the father, the man in my dream, at the back. The mother was just in front of him, with the two children in front of her. Legato stood to the left while the other, a girl with long pigtails, stood to the right. I have etched that image into my mind, in case I should ever happen to encounter either one of his parents. I hope, for their sakes, that I don't. If I ever do, I will kill them. I wonder what happened to the girl.

He's waking up; his eyes fluttering open and blinking owlishly in the not-quite light. A small smile lit his face as he looked at me. I returned it and leaned in for a kiss. "Sleep well?" I question, knowing full well what the answer will be. A look of intense confusion crosses his face and he doesn't answer for a moment. It looks as if he's thinking, as his eyebrows crease together.

"I didn't dream." He finally answers, still looking adorably confused. I pull him to me, stroking his hair. "Why?" I stop moving completely, not sure how to approach the subject. I don't have to think long, though, as he gets the information from me by himself, prying into my head. It annoys me, but there isn't really much I could do about it, as I don't really want to argue with him about it again. He's gone rigid in my arms, not a good sign.

"Legato..." I start, warningly.

"You..." He doesn't finish, doesn't have to as he looks up at me, face painted with fury, eyes blazing like fire. He hit me then, hard, making me fall from the bed and hit my head on the small table next to it. He towers over me, looking too much like his father. I'm afraid, back in the body of the boy from my dream. I'm shaking, trying not to cry as he looks like he's about to hurt me again.

"I'm sorry...sorry..." I curl up into a ball, trying to protect myself from the inevitable attack. Daddy always hurts me like this when he's angry. It's my fault; I made him angry, I should be punished for it.

"Pathetic." Legato's footsteps make their way towards me; this is going to hurt a lot. They pass, though, and a door slams. He's gone. I lay there for a while, crying and whimpering softly, before I manage to fall asleep.

~*~

A/N: Yup, it's getting very twisted and confusing. All will be explained...within reason.